Whitehaven coach has schedule woes

CoachT

You and KWC struggle mightily at this discussion thingy.

Yet, here you are on a daily, answering rebuts from BHS and myself. We don't agree on a lot of things, you and I. You seem to think that if YOU type it, it is true. If I or BHS type it, it's not true. Since our opinion or POV doesn't align with yours, then we are wrong.

It's not the discussions that are the issue.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

👀👀👀 WOW........One thing that needs to happen is champs need to start playing champs. That would make the TN brand ALOT better. Mba,ba,Ew have the funds to throw around and they feel like they shouldn't have to travel to public schools like a sec team playing a ovc team. I was actually surprised that MBA came to PC about 3 or 4 years ago and played. I think that's actually because PC has 20+ years of history and the head coaches are cool. Let the truth be known everybody knows why MBA and BA don't travel to PC & maplewood every year but on the flip side both programs could use the money

Edited by FBfan26

WOW........One thing that needs to happen is champs need to start playing champs. That would make the TN brand ALOT better. Mba,ba,Ew have the funds to throw around and they feel like they shouldn't have to travel to public schools like a sec team playing a ovc team. I was actually surprised that MBA came to PC about 3 or 4 years ago and played. I think that's actually because PC has 20+ years of history and the head coaches are cool. Let the truth be known everybody knows why MBA and BA don't travel to PC & maplewood every year but on the flip side both programs could use the money

Whitehaven is doing that. We scrimmage Trezevant (2A champ) every spring, including the up and coming 2017 spring. We would have played them in a game but the scheduling just didn't jive. We are scheduled to play Memphis East this year (4A champ). We are scheduled to play Lausanne, (D2-A champ). All are local teams. Whitehaven does their part in this effort. There aren't any more champions on this side of the state to schedule.

Edited by kwc

Whitehaven is doing that. We scrimmage Trezevant (2A champ) every spring, including the up and coming 2017 spring. We would have played them in a game but the scheduling just didn't jive. We are scheduled to play Memphis East this year (4A champ). We are scheduled to play Lausanne, (D2-A champ). All are local teams. Whitehaven does their part in this effort. There aren't any more champions on this side of the state to schedule.

#FACTS

Hats off to yall. We try to schedule good Games in Metro Inside and out but sometimes schedules don't line up. We kinda knew this year will be jacked up. D1 champs should give yall a shot. If they don't wanna come in would suck it up and hit the road but I understand where yall are coming from. Them 3 hours trips are serious but I love going in somebody else stadium and beating them down lol Edited by FBfan26

Hats off to yall. We try to schedule good Games in Metro Inside and out but sometimes schedules don't line up. We kinda knew this year will be jacked up. D1 champs should give yall a shot. If they don't wanna come in would suck it up and hit the road but I understand where yall are coming from. Them 3 hours trips are serious but I love going in somebody else stadium and beating them down lol

We don't have a problem with travel. Quite the contrary. We have an annual 'road trip' game on the schedule that we have incorporated into the scheduling every year. I'm talking about pack your suitcase, hit the road, spend the night in a hotel/motel somewhere and play a game. This year, we travel up I-55 to play East St. Louis. We do this every year. The past two seasons we have traveled to Alabama to play Florence. It is a camaraderie building experience. It's also a play-off road trip atmosphere ... so it is used like a dress rehearsal of sorts. So, I get where you are coming from on that.

However, there is something bigger here. There are some programs that need the money. So they succumb the the desires and demands put upon them by these large D2 programs. There are programs that don't have the community support, therefore, a large school that does have support would lose money playing them. I understand all of that. Whitehaven doesn't fit into that category. We have a very nice field with a very good visitors side that can accommodate a large game. We have a very large and ample area for parking. There will not be an issue in that regard. We have a very good following. If we play, we bring the fans, we buy popcorn, we support our team. We have more sheriffs at our home games than anywhere in the city. Safety is not a concern.

If we supply everything that anyone would ever need in order to have a successful home and home series, why should we have to travel to some D2 facility ONLY. Why can't they return the favor? What's the problem? If we take a 3 hour trip one year ... then let them take a 3 hour trip the following. Look, there are 4 large D2 programs in the Memphis area. One, MUS, we scrimmage every summer on a regular. The other three are Briarecrest, CBHS, and St. Benedict.  The last time we played CBHS was when Locastro was the HC, and that was YEARS AGO. I can't remember EVER playing Briarcrest or St. Benedict.  Whitehaven shouldn't have to travel to Nashville or any other city to get a home/home contract with a large D2 program. We have four (4) in our area. Now ... we can get games with them ... but they are 'at their place only' type of deals. So... I ask you ... why do you think that's the case?

Edited by kwc

We don't have a problem with travel. Quite the contrary. We have an annual 'road trip' game on the schedule that we have incorporated into the scheduling every year. I'm talking about pack your suitcase, hit the road, spend the night in a hotel/motel somewhere and play a game. This year, we travel up I-55 to play East St. Louis. We do this every year. The past two seasons we have traveled to Alabama to play Florence. It is a camaraderie building experience. It's also a play-off road trip atmosphere ... so it is used like a dress rehearsal of sorts. So, I get where you are coming from on that.

However, there is something bigger here. There are some programs that need the money. So they succumb the the desires and demands put upon them by these large D2 programs. There are programs that don't have the community support, therefore, a large school that does have support would lose money playing them. I understand all of that. Whitehaven doesn't fit into that category. We have a very nice field with a very good visitors side that can accommodate a large game. We have a very large and ample area for parking. There will not be an issue in that regard. We have a very good following. If we play, we bring the fans, we buy popcorn, we support our team. We have more sheriffs at our home games than anywhere in the city. Safety is not a concern.

If we supply everything that anyone would ever need in order to have a successful home and home series, why should we have to travel to some D2 facility ONLY. Why can't they return the favor? What's the problem? If we take a 3 hour trip one year ... then let them take a 3 hour trip the following. Look, there are 4 large D2 programs in the Memphis area. One, MUS, we scrimmage every summer on a regular. The other three are Briarecrest, CBHS, and St. Benedict. The last time we played CBHS was when Locastro was the HC, and that was YEARS AGO. I can't remember EVER playing Briarcrest or St. Benedict. Whitehaven shouldn't have to travel to Nashville or any other city to get a home/home contract with a large D2 program. We have four (4) in our area. Now ... we can get games with them ... but they are 'at their place only' type of deals. So... I ask you ... why do you think that's the case?

Why do I think this is the case? I'm not blind man lol. They might be but I'm not.

I was at the barber shop discussing this thang K-Dub. All in all Saulsberry needs me, his anger translator, to talk some cash money ish to these coward ADs and Coaches to goad them into the home/home. Whenever he calls me I'll call them folks cowards to their face or over the phone as long as it gets us our home and home. BA,Ensworth, CBHS, MUS, Baylor, whoever don't want these problems. Hoover, USP, OB, Southaven are the same. We probably gonna have to go to the chitlin circuit for these last two games due to these uppity, scary rich punks.

Why do I think this is the case? I'm not blind man lol. They might be but I'm not.

I know you know man. Even though I was replying to you, the question wasn't actually directed towards you, if you know what I mean.

I think you hit the nail on the head. There are actually some people who are figuratively blind to this. It's frustrating.

Like BHS said, we are probably going to have to go to the chitlin' circuit to find games. It's a shame that there are so many cowardly programs out there.

Edited by kwc

I was at the barber shop discussing this thang K-Dub. All in all Saulsberry needs me, his anger translator, to talk some cash money ish to these coward ADs and Coaches to goad them into the home/home. Whenever he calls me I'll call them folks cowards to their face or over the phone as long as it gets us our home and home. BA,Ensworth, CBHS, MUS, Baylor, whoever don't want these problems. Hoover, USP, OB, Southaven are the same. We probably gonna have to go to the chitlin circuit for these last two games due to these uppity, scary rich punks.

If I actually thought that goading would work, I'd be right there besides you working the phones. Blowing up emails. Hijacking smartphones with a relentless barrage of text messages. I'd be their worst nightmare. I'd talk more ish than Richard Sherman and Josh Norman combined.

Edited by kwc

I don't know SdotBear. I'll look into it.

Lol!!! You know every little thing there is to know about your school and are the biggest promoter of the school EVER, but don't know that answer? We all know why he posted that but cmon fella. Ignoring the post would have been a better play here.

Edited by Playerscoach