Whitehaven coach has schedule woes

CoachT

BHS; I could not agree with you more. It is the same in any major city. Metro Nashville has the same issue other then they have not had a program like Whitehaven has recently. I would feel the same if Mt Juliet was looked upon like Whitehaven is. It is sad.

But flip it around and if Mt. Juliet had the reputation that Whitehaven has ( founded or not ) and Whitehaven did not have it's reputation; how would Whitehaven or any other school look at coming to Mt. Juliet? I would think that Saulsbury or any other school would be hesitant to come unless they had to ( playoffs ). It doesn't make it right or fair. The question becomes ; how does the perception change. people need to be educated and experience is the best teacher. I hope as more and more teams travel to Whitehaven for the playoffs and have the experience my son, family, the Mt. Juliet football team, and fans had; things will change. It takes time. Not the answer you want; I know; nor would I want that answer. As I said I would feel the same. I would want the best programs to come to us and play too. You deserve it.

I would be willing to bet that some of the privates like MBA, BA, Ensworth notice that the Memphis privates wont play Whitehaven and they think there must be a reason. My suggestion would be to invite the AD's of like Briarcrest and other Memphis privates ; on their bye week; to come and check out what Whitehaven has. Then when they see that things are ok; no issues ; great atmosphere and fan base; they may look at it differently. Or possible at a neutral site like University of Memphis? This would be a good start to working towards the 2019 season. Other ideas might be to contact schools like Louisville Trinity ( I would think ESPN would love this game ) or St. Xavier, or Male in Louisville, KY.

On the football side; there will always be programs that don't want to go play top notch programs for fear of a loss. Blackman ( Murf. ) had this happen to them a couple years ago. They had a home and home with the Bowling Green ( KY ) Purples who had like a 50 game win streak going. They went to Bowling Green and should have won the game; but got shafted by the refs. The following year; BG refused to go to Blackman and bought themselves out of the game for fear of losing. Yes; they got the $; but they would have rather played the game.

Again ; just my thoughts. I love high school football and love to see great matchups.

You make great points about the situation. True or not, Whitehaven does have a reputation as being a dangerous part of town. Much of the hesitation from the private schools, which I disagree with, could very well be how it will look to their fans. Coaches, ADs, and players probably don't care and would feel safe, but they know they would receive some push back form the parents about how they are taking them to unsafe places. I think it's bull reasoning, but it is what it is. I have been to numerous events at Whitehaven and never had a bad experience.

Maybe the way to make a game between Whitehaven and BA/MBA/Ensworth is to have it played at a neutral site in both cities? Don't know much about the landscape in Nashville, but it Memphis there are lots of other sites where the game could be played. I know it should not have to be that way and there should be a way to just get a normal home and home, but apparently that is not going to happen.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BHS; I could not agree with you more. It is the same in any major city. Metro Nashville has the same issue other then they have not had a program like Whitehaven has recently. I would feel the same if Mt Juliet was looked upon like Whitehaven is. It is sad.

But flip it around and if Mt. Juliet had the reputation that Whitehaven has ( founded or not ) and Whitehaven did not have it's reputation; how would Whitehaven or any other school look at coming to Mt. Juliet? I would think that Saulsbury or any other school would be hesitant to come unless they had to ( playoffs ). It doesn't make it right or fair. The question becomes ; how does the perception change. people need to be educated and experience is the best teacher. I hope as more and more teams travel to Whitehaven for the playoffs and have the experience my son, family, the Mt. Juliet football team, and fans had; things will change. It takes time. Not the answer you want; I know; nor would I want that answer. As I said I would feel the same. I would want the best programs to come to us and play too. You deserve it.

I would be willing to bet that some of the privates like MBA, BA, Ensworth notice that the Memphis privates wont play Whitehaven and they think there must be a reason. My suggestion would be to invite the AD's of like Briarcrest and other Memphis privates ; on their bye week; to come and check out what Whitehaven has. Then when they see that things are ok; no issues ; great atmosphere and fan base; they may look at it differently. Or possible at a neutral site like University of Memphis? This would be a good start to working towards the 2019 season. Other ideas might be to contact schools like Louisville Trinity ( I would think ESPN would love this game ) or St. Xavier, or Male in Louisville, KY.

On the football side; there will always be programs that don't want to go play top notch programs for fear of a loss. Blackman ( Murf. ) had this happen to them a couple years ago. They had a home and home with the Bowling Green ( KY ) Purples who had like a 50 game win streak going. They went to Bowling Green and should have won the game; but got shafted by the refs. The following year; BG refused to go to Blackman and bought themselves out of the game for fear of losing. Yes; they got the $; but they would have rather played the game.

Again ; just my thoughts. I love high school football and love to see great matchups.

Listen, we don't have to flip it. As a person that went from a black city to the upper Cumberland for college WE could be just as fearful of the gun happy red necks that are card carrying Klansmen in the other parts of TN especially in the remote rural areas but WE not afraid of boogiemen or real life racists. So if we are expected to travel to Cookeville, Franklin, Brentwood etc. You know we deserve the common courtesy of these other folks to come to the "ghetto/hood"

Problem is, on coachT, folks don't want an understanding, most want to condemn US. You aren't condemning us at all BK, but that's what I feel when reading some of these uppity folks... 5 and 6 boards aren't nearly as bad as the 1 and 2 boards. I'd be off of CoachT if I had to discuss football with them.

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

What's even more crazy, the suburban teams from our Shelby Co. would come in my playing days, and in more recent history NOTHING would happen to them, win, lose or draw. We've beat and lost to Collierville,Germantown, Arlington, Houston and nothing has happened. Same with CBHS (Salute Locastro) and nothing happened but we should be understanding of your white fear ! Hayle Naw

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Listen, we don't have to flip it. As a person that went from a black city to the upper Cumberland for college WE could be just as fearful of the gun happy red necks that are card carrying Klansmen in the other parts of TN especially in the remote rural areas but WE not afraid of boogiemen or real life racists. So if we are expected to travel to Cookeville, Franklin, Brentwood etc. You know we deserve the common courtesy of these other folks to come to the "ghetto/hood"

Problem is, on coachT, folks don't want an understanding, most want to condemn US. You aren't condemning us at all BK, but that's what I feel when reading some of these uppity folks... 5 and 6 boards aren't nearly as bad as the 1 and 2 boards. I'd be off of CoachT if I had to discuss football with them.

jesus christ this is pathetic lmao

Edited by zoneread56

You make great points about the situation. True or not, Whitehaven does have a reputation as being a dangerous part of town. Much of the hesitation from the private schools, which I disagree with, could very well be how it will look to their fans. Coaches, ADs, and players probably don't care and would feel safe, but they know they would receive some push back form the parents about how they are taking them to unsafe places. I think it's bull reasoning, but it is what it is. I have been to numerous events at Whitehaven and never had a bad experience.

Maybe the way to make a game between Whitehaven and BA/MBA/Ensworth is to have it played at a neutral site in both cities? Don't know much about the landscape in Nashville, but it Memphis there are lots of other sites where the game could be played. I know it should not have to be that way and there should be a way to just get a normal home and home, but apparently that is not going to happen.

No the way to make a game between both is to negotiate the terms of a Home/Home contract... If not, (remember I'm still Saulsberry's Anger Translator) They are C-O-W-A-R-D-S

No the way to make a game between both is to negotiate the terms of a Home/Home contract... If not, (remember I'm still Saulsberry's Anger Translator) They are C-O-W-A-R-D-S

if you guys think they are cowards you are funny how bout you guys learn to use computers down in memphis at whitehaven and tell RS to post his game needs on the tssaa portal. I can name people to call if you want to play them so bad lol

Senator I understand your concerns. Here's the thing, if your coach is truly struggling to complete the schedule take what you can get otherwise you might not complete that schedule.

Also I truly believe it's a safety issue not a race issue. I am a veteran teacher and have always taught in title one inner city schools. I've had some great kids. A few knuckle heads, but mostly great kids.

Also just so we are clear not every white person that legally carries is a redneck.

Prove your point... Where's your proof?

What? I just gave you the team names you asked for and now you're ignoring it? What is wrong with you? Are you so bitter and misguided that you cannot acknowledge I answered your question with facts?

You guys are hilarious. Make a claim, then it's rebutted, and you completely ignore tangible evidence to the contrary. Lol