Triple A State Tournament Predictions

NEBMedia

To those of you who believe Bradley would be 3rd or 4th in the middle Tennessee district--- Here is what I believe! If they went over there and played now, you are probably correct! However, if Bradley played in that district all year long, I have no doubts they would be second in district and region! It kills them playing in this area where girls basketball is so weak! If they played over there with the talent and coaching they have, I believe they would have been seasoned by this point in the year. They are very good, but it is obvious by the loss tonight and the loss to Oak Ridge last season that playing in this area hurts. Would they have a 32-1 record over there? Heck no!! But very few teams in middle Tennessee can go undefeated. But the losses would have made them better. Bradley has two of the best players in the state and a great coach. Don't count them out next year. Playing over here, I predict them playing another substate game where anything can happen. Congrats Bearettes for a great season

SC seemed to handle Oakland easily twice in the regular season then beat them by 14. I can't see Bradley finishing worse than 3rd and as said would be toughened by playing Riverdale, SC, Smyrna, Oakland.

As for next year, not trying to pile on a team finishing its year but you never know what Bradley will add to the roster.

To those of you who believe Bradley would be 3rd or 4th in the middle Tennessee district--- Here is what I believe! If they went over there and played now, you are probably correct! However, if Bradley played in that district all year long, I have no doubts they would be second in district and region! It kills them playing in this area where girls basketball is so weak! If they played over there with the talent and coaching they have, I believe they would have been seasoned by this point in the year. They are very good, but it is obvious by the loss tonight and the loss to Oak Ridge last season that playing in this area hurts. Would they have a 32-1 record over there? Heck no!! But very few teams in middle Tennessee can go undefeated. But the losses would have made them better. Bradley has two of the best players in the state and a great coach. Don't count them out next year. Playing over here, I predict them playing another substate game where anything can happen. Congrats Bearettes for a great season

The way to get over that is play a national schedule, or play good middle TN teams instead of scheduling weak teams outside of district and not traveling. That was the biggest thing I saw was your schedule to prepare your team. Playing a 1A team in your own tournament to get the win, then another weak team in that tournament is not preparing. It is nice to come in the sectionals undefeated, and it looks good on paper, but it won't get you a state title, and that is why BC is 41 years with no state championship. Good luck next year.

I was at Bradley Central for the game as an unbiased observor...

My thoughts...

Bradley Central is average outside of Rhyne Howard. I felt like the better team won tonight. The Ferby's did a good job of holding Stewarts Creek together with their leadership and scoring in big moments.

Bradley Central would be the 3rd best team in 7-AAA behind Riverdale and Stewarts Creek... could Oakland beat them? Yes... but I feel Bradley is the better team.

From here, I think we will see Riverdale and Stewarts Creek in Round 5 next Saturday...

Edited by GCPioneer
  • Upvote 1

The way to get over that is play a national schedule, or play good middle TN teams instead of scheduling weak teams outside of district and not traveling. That was the biggest thing I saw was your schedule to prepare your team. Playing a 1A team in your own tournament to get the win, then another weak team in that tournament is not preparing. It is nice to come in the sectionals undefeated, and it looks good on paper, but it won't get you a state title, and that is why BC is 41 years with no state championship. Good luck next year.

Plus play more players during the season. Developer a deeper bench. You can afford losing the Thanksgiving and Christmas games to good teams if it benefits your team by giving younger players experience. Ask WV boys head coach he's done the best coaching job since he's been there than anyone in this county. His teams are as good as they can be by post season that's what marks a good coach. Not how many you can get to come play for you but what you do with the players you do have. As far as Xs and Os on the chalk board goes during games. Middle TN is like Kentucky they know basketball. Like Maryville knows football and their fans know if you can coach or not.

• Upvote 1

If I looked at the schedules correctly and results tonight, Bradley played and beat Morristown West and Oak Ridge . Their district was down, East Hamilton would have been more competitive if not for reasons previously mentioned. Maybe it wasn't lack of tough schedule as much as just SC being good. McMinn Central and Hamilton Heights would seem to be good area competition for Bradley but if not in a tournament you have to factor in the boys game too.

Edited by Indian

Maybe. They would have to beat Smyrna, and they are no pushover. It would probably be a good game. BC might be #5 in 7-AAA. Bottom half of the district.

LOL - you are showing your ignorance here...

I say BC would beat SC 7 out of 10 times, but tonight (the one that counted) was not the night.

Bradley could not have shot worse, but SC had a lot to do with that, but to say that BC would be a bottom half team is asinine.