Triple A State Tournament Predictions

NEBMedia

I find it funny that Bradley fans talking bout missed free throws when the Lady Red Hawks missed their fare share of free throws as well. Game not as as close if Stewarts Creek makes free throws. The better team won tonight bottomline. SC went into Bradley, led the majority of the game and lunched their ticket to the state tournament. Brady has a good team and Howard is Special. After seeing them they would have finished 3rd or 4th in district 7-AA. Outside of Howard they are average at best. Congrats to Bradley on a good year and couldn't gears to the Lady Red Hawks on advancing!!

I find it funny that Bradley fans talking bout missed free throws when the Lady Red Hawks missed their fare share of free throws as well. Game not as as close if Stewarts Creek makes free throws. The better team won tonight bottomline. SC went into Bradley, led the majority of the game and punched their ticket to the state tournament. Bradley has a good team and Howard is Special. After seeing them they would have finished 3rd or 4th in district 7-AA. Outside of Howard they are average at best. Congrats to Bradley on a good year and congrats to the Lady Red Hawks on advancing!!

I was at Siegel tonight and watched Riverdale beat Stewart creek. I've been reading these post all year, I've seen all the teams play that you have mentioned the last couple of days. And here is my unbiased opinion, since I have no one playing for any of these teams. The Stewart creek team that I saw tonight, wouldn't have made the region 3 tournament, and would lose to Bradley by 30. And they would have to have somebody to handle the ball to beat Cumberland county's press. Riverdale is talented, but I don't think you can really know how good they are, because for a team that plays as aggressive on defense and crashes the boards hard, as they do, they get called for very few fouls. I think that if all the teams played well, and are healthy, Bradley, Riverdale, and Cumberland co are a toss up. stewarts creek would have to play over their head, and any of the others would have to play below average. Just an opinion from somebody who has seen them all play this year

So.... Stewarts Creek couldn't make the Region 3 tourney and would lose to Bradley Central by 30... LOL.  Stewarts Creek would have to have someone to handle the ball bc of Cumberland Co press...LOL. (BTW...Ferby twins are DI guards.  They signed to play next year at Austin Peay).  Bradley Central, Riverdale and Cumberland Co are a toss-up...LOL.  Stewarts Creek would have to play over their head while the other three play below average...LOL.  Obvious you do not understand 7-AAA.   We fans in 7-AAA  told you Stewarts Creek would beat Bradley Central and would be the spoiler to their season, but y'all kept talking and thinking you know good teams when you see them.  It is obvious your knowledge on the subject is delusional.

BTW... crashing the boards and aggressive defense is called "Big Girl Ball".  Riverdale gets more than their share of fouls.  They just have deep rotation to counter it.

If you've not seen all the teams play, then how can you make a fair assessment of the teams? If district 7 is such a tough district, why did only 2 teams advance in the region? And why did Riverdale and Stewart's creek have 2 of the weakest schedules in the state? As far as middle winning state championships, maybe they should have to take a 3 hour bus ride before the game, instead of a 12 minute car ride to the home court. But since that works to your teams advantage, I'm sure you say that it doesn't make a difference.

Ummm....how many teams from 7-AAA are going to the glass house for the state tourney?  The answer is both Stewarts Creek and Riverdale. How many teams are going from District 5-AAA?  ZERO.  Stewarts Creek and Riverdale has two of the weakest schedules?  Surely you jest.  They have the toughest schedules.  Outside of playing great teams where they can find them, they beat each other up every week in district play.  If our teams had to take a three hour bus ride before a game that it would take a toll?  Evidently not because Stewarts Creek took a same day two hour bus ride to #2 in the state Bradley Central's Jim Smiddy HOME Gym and beat them.  I dont think it came in to factor.  You are whining.  Kids stay in hotels during the State Tourney, so just stop. 

have you seen Cumberland play this year?

Yes.  Tonight.  Cumberland Co would not beat Riverdale in 10 games one time.  It was the difference in daylight and dark.  Riverdale quit attempting to score with 5 minutes left in the 4th.  They would have beaten CC by 30 if they wanted to.  Please note that Cumberland Co is a really good team, and they are a definite top 10 team in the state...probably a top 5 team....but at Riverdale's level?  No.  Speed kills.

If you have not seen all the teams play, your opinion is worthless. Do you really think district 7 is the toughest in the country? I'm not even sure that top to bottom, it's the toughest district in its region. You think Smyrna, Siegel, Blackman, and Laverne would dominate in every other district in Tennessee? The only wins those teams had this year were against each other.

So because I don't go watch weak teams play around the state, my opinion is worthless...LOL.  All I know is Bradley Central was supposed to be the 2nd best team in the state and lost to the 2nd place team in District 7-AAA and 2nd place team in Region 4.  Stewarts Creek is no pushover.  Now you understand what I meant when I said why I have no desire to watch things outside of 7-AAA.  It is the best ball in the state, and some arguably say in the country.  To be the best, you have to BEAT the best.  Stewarts Creek is the 2nd best team in the state from my view.

I will go locally anywhere Riverdale plays if I believe it could be a decent game, but frankly, I don't bother outside of the district, region and state tournament.  I do, however, watch multiple games if there is a big time Thanksgiving or Christmas tourney in the Boro that draws in national teams like in the past.  In the state tourney, I watch a lot of different teams play in all classifications.   When I can watch Riverdale play...why would I want to watch anything else?  It would be like drinking a Big K Cola when you are used to drinking Coca Cola.  

If Bradley Central wants to be competitive outside of east TN...they have to get outside of east TN and get a regular season game with several tough teams...preferably the top of 7-AAA, and maybe some good national tournaments.  Riverdale aggressively seeks out tournaments and teams to get them ready to play post season.  They don't schedule to pad their record because the truth comes out in the state tournament who is battle tested.  30+ win seasons mean nothing if you cannot win a Gold Ball.  The BC trophy case has 41 years of cob webs.  Don't schedule weak out of state teams to play in your own tourney.  Challenge yourself.  It goes a long way at the end of the season, because you will have been through some adversity.  

Stewarts creek wont beat bradley anf Cumberland winning wouldn't surprise ne either they are pretty fast

So Stewarts Creek wont beat Bradley Central...LOL  Cumberland winning wouldn't surprise you bc CC is pretty fast.  CC could not beat Riverdale if they played 10 games.  Riverdale is too athletic and talented, and knows how to play with each other... and BTW...much faster than Cumberland Co.  Ask them.  Again, CC is a really good team, and no skin off their back.  They played very tough tonight, and I thought they went out winners.   

Bradley beat themselves by missing too many free throws. I think theyre only getting howard as a senior next year so they wont be nearly as good. 41 game home winning streak ends too.

Schedule harder teams and you wouldn't have a 41 game home winning streak.  

To those of you who believe Bradley would be 3rd or 4th in the middle Tennessee district--- Here is what I believe! If they went over there and played now, you are probably correct! However, if Bradley played in that district all year long, I have no doubts they would be second in district and region! It kills them playing in this area where girls basketball is so weak! If they played over there with the talent and coaching they have, I believe they would have been seasoned by this point in the year. They are very good, but it is obvious by the loss tonight and the loss to Oak Ridge last season that playing in this area hurts. Would they have a 32-1 record over there? Heck no!! But very few teams in middle Tennessee can go undefeated. But the losses would have made them better. Bradley has two of the best players in the state and a great coach. Don't count them out next year. Playing over here, I predict them playing another substate game where anything can happen. Congrats Bearettes for a great season

I believe you are correct.  The reason why very few teams in Middle TN go undefeated...especially in 7-AAA is they strive to schedule tough games against really good teams in tournaments and the regular season.  Please note....not all of Middle TN is good.

LOL - you are showing your ignorance here...

I say BC would beat SC 7 out of 10 times, but tonight (the one that counted) was not the night.

Bradley could not have shot worse, but SC had a lot to do with that, but to say that BC would be a bottom half team is asinine.

PLEASE... You are delusional and showing YOUR ignorance.  Bradley Central would do good to beat Stewarts Creek 2 out of 10.  BC would beat Riverdale 0-10 times.  Speed kills.  If you really check, Oakland and Smyrna are not bad ball teams.You would struggle with a 3-4th place finish.  In recent years, on most any given night, any team in the District is beatable.  Stewarts Creek beat Riverdale's State Championship squad AND Blackman with UCONN's starting Point Guard Crystal Dangerfield and Central Florida's Jazz Bond last year.  Riverdale was third in District 7-AAA.  None of the teams are taken lightly with the exception of the bottom two.

With that said.....I'm dropping the mic.   :rolleyes:

Looks like its setting up tp be a bradley riverdale state titke game

Nope....BC gotta get through the Sectionals first.

If he has a problem adjusting in game during close games then bradley or cumberland could beat them. Stewarts creek wont lose to them 5 times in same season although i hope tonight they do. Bradley beat stewarts creek in sectional last year abd bradley is allot better this year. If any of yall have seen them play this year youd agreed

Bradley or Cumberland beats Riverdale?  No way.  Stewarts Creek is the real deal though.  Riverdale will not take Stewarts Creek lightly.  They know SC is that good.  If they play again before the state championship, this might be the best game of the whole tourney.

Cc could spoil riverdale too. Cc has some shooters

Not with this Riverdale team.

I am a fan of middle Tennessee basketball. Not only do u have district 7AAA , you have Wilson Centrall, Mt Juliet, Shelbyville, Upperman, Jackson County, and the list goes on and on! When my daughter played at Bradley, they opened the year at Riverdale then came back over for a weekend doubleheader with Mt Juliet and Lebanon then went back to Giles County for a Saturday game. She played AAU in Shelbyville for five years. I value the quality of bal in middle Tennessee. However, ten years ago, our district was competitive. Cleveland, Bradley, McMinn, Cumberland and Walker Valley were all in the same district and could beat each other on any given night! Now the only two of those that can play at all is Cumberland and BC and they are not in the same district anymore! This area is so weak that I can't even go watch it anymore! It is embarrassing that we have dropped so low and it hurts Bradley to play that game in and game out. I wish they could and would schedule the Riverdales and the Oaklands during the season. They may not go undefeated but they would have been ready for that close game tonight. My daughter was asst coach at Oakland for a couple of years and my son dated an Oakland player for three years, so yep, I am a Bradley fan first and foremost but a definite fan of women's basketball in your area.

Edited by tnwareagle

I am a fan of middle Tennessee basketball. Not only do u have district 7AAA , you have Wilson Ceteal, Mt Juliet, Shelbyville, Upperman, Jackson County, and the list goes on and on! When my daughter played at Bradley, the opened the year at Riverdale then came back over for a weekend doubleheader with Mt Juliet and Lebanon then went back to Giles County for a Saturday game. She played AAU in Shelbyville for five years. I value the quality of bal in middle Tennessee. However, ten years ago, our district was competitive. Cleveland, Bradley, McMinn, Cumberland and Walker Valley were all in the same district and could beat each other on any given night! Now the only two of those that can play at all is Cumberland and BC and they are not in the same district anymore! This area is so weak that I can't even go watch it anymore! It is embarrassing that we have dropped so low and it hurts Bradley to play that game in and game out. I wish they could and would schedule the Riverdales and the Oaklands during the season. They may not go undefeated but they would have been ready for that close game tonight. My daughter was asst coach at Oakland for a couple of years and my son dated an Oakland player for three years, so yep, I am a Bradley fan first and foremost but a definite fan of women's basketball in your area.

You are exactly right .  Bradley Central has to get outside of their comfort zone in scheduling, and the area has to make a commitment to tough AAU ball to get themselves out of this ditch, or they will be hanging nothing but District and Regional champ banners up until the cows come home.  If your daughter played for Sports Shop in Shelbyville, she must have been a great player!  Coach Insell's team!

I never said Bradley would beat Riverdale.

Coming in to tonight's game, I thought Stewart's Creek & Bradley were the 2nd & 3rd best teams in AAA (in no particular order - LOL). Stewart's Creek won fair & square & they deserve to go to the Glass House.

I said earlier on these boards that Bradley would have to play better than they did vs Cumberland County to win tonight & they really didn't (Howard probably played better, but the supporting cast didn't).

To say that Bradley would finish in the bottom half of 7AAA is not reasonable. As you know, Bradley won last year in Sectional play vs a 7AAA team with basically the same team as they had tonight, so it's not unreasonable to think they can compete with them this year.

All of them, except Riverdale. I think they are in a class all by themselves this year.

I agree that Bradley is as good as any team over there except possibly Riverdale! But playing in that district would not have been a cake walk! Give BC credit though! They have beaten Oakland, Blackman and Stewart's Creek over recent years to go to state! Howard is a special player and would make any team competitive at any level.

Edited by tnwareagle

I never said Bradley would beat Riverdale.

Coming in to tonight's game, I thought Stewart's Creek & Bradley were the 2nd & 3rd best teams in AAA (in no particular order - LOL). Stewart's Creek won fair & square & they deserve to go to the Glass House.

I said earlier on these boards that Bradley would have to play better than they did vs Cumberland County to win tonight & they really didn't (Howard probably played better, but the supporting cast didn't).

To say that Bradley would finish in the bottom half of 7AAA is not reasonable. As you know, Bradley won last year in Sectional play vs a 7AAA team with basically the same team as they had tonight, so it's not unreasonable to think they can compete with them this year.

All of them, except Riverdale. I think they are in a class all by themselves this year.

Actually...it was in jest.  I said that because another BC poster said 7-AAA was not even the best district in its region.  That statement was a message to him.  BC would be a 3rd or a 4th best team in 7-AAA this year.  I never sell Smyrna short though...they are actually a tough team, despite their record at times, and would beat many schools.