Triple A State Tournament Predictions

NEBMedia

I don't know about Dickson having a chance in this game. Against Oak Ridge, Central was EVERY WHERE. They knew where the passing lanes where and broke on the ball before the OR players tried to pass it. Even in the first quarter, when Oak Ridge was hanging tough with them it was clear they had us beat athletically. With that said, I do believe OR can beat them the next time they play.

Keys for Dickson....take care of the ball, stop their girl named Stewart, hit your shots, watch Central's  penetration and DO NOT run with them.

Good luck but I will be pulling for Central.

Well, from what I see with their respective schedules over the years ... this isn't new to either school.

Dickson didn't make the post season in the 2013-2014 season, but they finished the season at 23-8 and missed making it to the state tourney by losing to Franklin in the R6AAA sectional. The next season, 2014-2015, they lost to Bearden in the quarterfinals of the state tournament with a final record of 32-3. Last year's season, 2015-2016, they were eliminated again in the quarterfinals by Bradley Central with a final record of 29-4. 

Central was 12-12 at the end of the 2013-2014 season. They were 19-11 in the 2014-2015 season losing to Munford in the semi-final game of the R8-AAA  Sectionals. Last year in the 2015-2016 season, they lost to Riverdale in the semi-finals of the state tournament, ending the season with a 34-3 record.

This year both have made it to the semi-finals of the state tournament. Both teams have been here before. Both coaching staffs have been here before. 

I don't know anything about either team's rosters. If I remember correctly, Central was young last year. Then there is Willie's assessment above.

Sounds like this one is going to be a good one.

I don't know about Dickson having a chance in this game. Against Oak Ridge, Central was EVERY WHERE. They knew where the passing lanes where and broke on the ball before the OR players tried to pass it. Even in the first quarter, when Oak Ridge was hanging tough with them it was clear they had us beat athletically. With that said, I do believe OR can beat them the next time they play.

Keys for Dickson....take care of the ball, stop their girl named Stewart, hit your shots, watch Central's penetration and DO NOT run with them.

Good luck but I will be pulling for Central.

The interesting thing is, Johne Stewart isn't even the best player on the team, but she did get hot against you guys on Wednesday. Number 1, Jireh Washington, is the best player on the team in my opinion. More of a complete player. Stewart had 24 in the first half, only 6 in the second half... she just caught fire.

Dickson County is well coached and have veteran experience. This will be less than a 10 point game either way...

Do not under estimate Emily Beard from Dickson.  Probably the most clutch kid I have ever seen.  Hit a 3 to send the SC game to OT, a 3 to send it to Double OT and then sealed the game with free throw shooting.  She played in the shadow of Lea Lea Carter last year.  Kid can ball.  I am not a Dickson fan ( I live in Cheatham Co), but I know when I have seen a great player, and she is just that.

So the show down with Memphis Central is happening. How do you see the game going? Central has a few quality wins themselves looking at their schedule.

Last year, Riverdale beat Memphis Central in the Semis, 80-58.  Anything can happen, and Memphis Central will be very athletic, but I don't think they can last 4 quarters with Riverdale.  Riverdale didn't have one of their best games today, and still thrashed Houston by 19 points.  Houston beat Memphis Central this year by like 10.  I believe Riverdale is cranking on all 8 cylinders, and has peaked at the right time.  I believe there will be another Gold ball setting in the Riverdale trophy case come tomorrow, as well as a National Championship.  Again, anything can happen, but I don't see anyone in TN beating Riverdale.

Last year, Riverdale beat Memphis Central in the Semis, 80-58. Anything can happen, and Memphis Central will be very athletic, but I don't think they can last 4 quarters with Riverdale. Riverdale didn't have one of their best games today, and still thrashed Houston by 19 points. Houston beat Memphis Central this year by like 10. I believe Riverdale is cranking on all 8 cylinders, and has peaked at the right time. I believe there will be another Gold ball setting in the Riverdale trophy case come tomorrow, as well as a National Championship. Again, anything can happen, but I don't see anyone in TN beating Riverdale.

Yea. I didn't either. One of if not the best teams I've seeen in almost 40 years of going to watch the tourney. I honestly think at times they get bored playing.