Class A Sectionals

Shozen

I'd have to strongly disagree with you here. Harriman and GCA have been very consistent this year and are widely regarded as the top two teams in 1a this side of Nashville. On and off would be the last thing I'd classify either team as. Both teams are consistent and can flat out play!

Neither one of these two can beat Clay County and they are on the same side of Nashville that you boys are. Not sure where your information is comin from but I'm guessing it may be from the biased liberal media lol

Neither one of these two can beat Clay County and they are on the same side of Nashville that you boys are. Not sure where your information is comin from but I'm guessing it may be from the biased liberal media lol

Ummmm yes they can both beat Clay County. Clay County is not unbeatable. Key is a better player than 2 years ago when we booted them. But is the team around him better now than then?

We can lose when we play poorly so can Clay

Ummmm yes they can both beat Clay County. Clay County is not unbeatable. Key is a better player than 2 years ago when we booted them. But is the team around him better now than then?

Harriman has no shot to beat Clay period. Now if Clay has an off day then yes the private school has a chance.

Clay overall is def better than two years ago and better than last year. They lack the size of last year but they rebound extremely well. Goodpasture and AA Macon County both out size them but went 3-1 vs those teams and Macon County is a likely AA State team.

Clay overall is def better than two years ago and better than last year. They lack the size of last year but they rebound extremely well. Goodpasture and AA Macon County both out size them but went 3-1 vs those teams and Macon County is a likely AA State team.

Nice article about Key I read today. i retweeted it

Certainly a great player and I would say like Luke Smith at Catholic. Take him off that team and they lose more than they win this year. That important to the team.

http://herald-citizen.com/stories/clay-co-key-host-csas-monday,20068

Nice article about Key I read today. i retweeted it

Certainly a great player and I would say like Luke Smith at Catholic. Take him off that team and they lose more than they win this year. That important to the team.

http://herald-citizen.com/stories/clay-co-key-host-csas-monday,20068

I don't think they lose more than a win but yes would def change the dynamic. People have to focus on Key so much and forget that Clay has numerous shooters. Russell is averaging 12 and Smith 10 a game. If those two are on then it's near impossible to beat Clay because no other team has someone who can match Key in scoring this year at 39-40 ppg.

Yes I agree about the article and it's 100% accurate. He has been a model young man dating back to grade school. I wish all teams a healthy Sectional and best of luck getting to Murphy Center.

Edited by Shozen

Is Clay County better this year than last year? If they are better without that beast in the middle then they are scary.

Yes I think they are. Like I said they lack the same amount of size but scoring overall as a team are much better. Rebounding is not an issue either as they fundamentally rebound better since they lack the same size.

Goodpasture outsized them by a lot in the post but Clay had no issues rebounding and the same with Macon County, Clay went 2-1 vs MC a likely AA state tourney team. They are a much quicker team this year and normally play 9-10 deep. All 5 starters have the ability to put up 20+ which wasn't the case last year. They had Key and Maybry(big guy) and an occasional big game from the other guards.

Ashlock, Silk, and Ogletree all play the post extremely well and none are seniors. You won't find a lack of hustle from this team as it actually hurts them sometimes causing silly fouls.

If people play man vs Clay then it's typically over as no one in A can guard Key one on one. Yes Key averages 39-40ppg but he is extremely unselfish. He is averaging 5 assists and 72% field goal percentage and 39% from the 3; he just doesn't take bad shots. Clay as a whole typically always take good shots as Smith and Russell get wide open shots all the time due to Key; they just have to make them.

Edited by Shozen

Note to self: UCsportsfan said Clay would beat us by 20+ last year..."Hampton has nothing for Key...Clay is on another level".

My boy was off the entire tournament and still matched Key's stats in that game... and a great last second shot from McClain sent us to OT and the W.

Key is spectacular and Clay is well coached...But never dismiss a East team the likes of Hampton, Harriman or GCA.

Sportsfan is a class act, he just doesn't like us east teams too much Lol