Summertown vs Dresden in the Glass House

Vandychris

Dresden is who I got. I got a few reasons:1) they shut down Allie Smithson and Justyce White for Gibson County and held the team to 5 points in the first half, 2) they shut down Chloe Moore and Tess Darby of Greenfield in the region as well. No easy task. They beat a good Huntingdon team and Middleton team as well. They are battle tested beyond measure. Great defensive team with a good point guard in Millie Bryant who don't make a lot of mistakes. Weak points are they go through stretches of not scoring consistently especially down low. They are a senior laden team that will be tough. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Honestly, I don't know why people are doing a prediction on these state tournament games (I'm kind of calling you out Vandychris, but you're not the only one that does it. A lot of people that do it in football).

Everybody from their respected regions will pull for their representative teams, I (who lives an hour from Huntingdon and about 75 minutes from Dresden) will pull for those teams. Just like I will pull for South Side in AA because I personally know their coach and have respect for the Lady Hawks.

I did see Dresden and Huntingdon both play at Bethel, I like Dresden. But again, I'm only saying that because I know Dresden is tough defensively and I no absolutely nothing about Summertown. Get it??? 

When you get to this point anybody can win or they wouldn't be where they are. Nobody thought Perry Co would still be playing but they are Summertown was disrespected and they had a home game but still playing. Dealing with teenagers here, so everybody better show up ready to play and not be looking ahead.

It would be hard for me to believe that there is another point guard in the state as good as Chynia Brooks. That said, Summertown, too, can go through periods of not scoring. I can tell you the substate game with Moore County was not as close as the score would indicate. At one point they led 32-16 late in the 3rd quarter and Moore County closed it to 35-27 with 2 minutes to play. I think Summertown has a really good chance to move on to the final four, but they cant go through a dry spell at this level.

Dresden is who I got. I got a few reasons:1) they shut down Allie Smithson and Justyce White for Gibson County and held the team to 5 points in the first half, 2) they shut down Chloe Moore and Tess Darby of Greenfield in the region as well. No easy task. They beat a good Huntingdon team and Middleton team as well. They are battle tested beyond measure. Great defensive team with a good point guard in Millie Bryant who don't make a lot of mistakes. Weak points are they go through stretches of not scoring consistently especially down low. They are a senior laden team that will be tough. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Since your taking Dresden, I will take Summertown. Just for arguments sake, and here's why: Summertown has turned up the defensive intensity, as all good teams do this time of year. They too are battle tested, according to coachT, they have played the #3 toughest schedule in A (#1 and #2 on that list are out), they have faced some very good defenses along the way. They posses 4 guards who can knock down 3's at any time (district MVP who set a school record with 11 made in a single game this year is included in those 4), and run the point guard position as well. They also have 2 eight graders who play that will penetrate the paint with no fear and make plays, they also have interchangeable post players who can score and well as defend. They will play 9/10 deep every game, so stamina is not an issue. Of those players, all of them have played high stakes games at the state level, either on the basketball team, or the volleyball team (I believe the juniors have been to the state all 3 years), or the softball team who just came off a state tournament run as well, as several of those players, play on more than 1 of those mentioned teams...... but you also must consider the great equalizer..."THE GLASS HOUSE"....

Hopefully it will be a great game.

Edited by BasketballIQ
  • Upvote 1

Going with Dresden because I'm a homer!!!! Being I actually haven't seen either team play it's strictly going with home town team. Dresden does have a good balance of size and speed. If hot they can score inside or outside. They have stepped up on the D end and that has helped them last few games. We made it to the Boro a few years back and nerves were a huge issue with our girls. Hoping both coach West's will have them ready to play 4 complete quarters.