Class A State Tournament

Shozen

ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘ŠðŸ»

And you better have a mid range game cause we have 6-7 6-9 and 6-5 on the post. Hard to get to the rim plus a good mid range helps when the 3ball guys start shooting at the big house that goal has zero background sites so I have seen it alot. 3ballers from small gyms can struggle there on those afternoon games.

Butva good mid range game and solid Defense can will a lot of ball ðŸ€

We averaged 78 ppg and gave up 57 ppg. You guys averaged 70ppg and gave up 55ppg. I did the figuring myself Monday when we found out about playing you guys... Now, I know absolutely nothing about you guys and that's why it is hard for me to say anything about the game.

All I will say is look up Jarred Walker on hudl. He can and will steal the ball multiple times. He is quick. I mean really quick. Can stop on a dime and handle the ball like no ones business. He is a pretty key person in our game plan. You guys seem to have a lot of size. It could cause some problems for us, who knows. Just excited to be at state!

Edited by Vikings09

We averaged 78 ppg and gave up 57 ppg. You guys averaged 70ppg and gave up 55ppg. I did the figuring myself Monday when we found out about playing you guys... Now, I know absolutely nothing about you guys and that's why it is hard for me to say anything about the game.

All I will say is look up Jarred Walker on hudl. He can and will steal the ball multiple times. He is quick. I mean really quick. Can stop on a dime and handle the ball like no ones business. He is a pretty key person in our game plan. You guys seem to have a lot of size. It could cause some problems for us, who knows. Just excited to be at state!

This kid looks very similar to someone Grace has played 4 times this season. But we're just gonna keep the kid a secret.. Grace will be ready for him. Supporting cast may be a little better than what we've got but we'll see

Nice post! Looking forward to seeing Jarrod and the vikings up close!

Nice post! Looking forward to seeing Jarrod and the vikings up close!

Thank you sir! I am a sports fan! I love high school sports! A lot of times people get on here running their mouth when we haven't played in years! I see no point in doing that because when it comes down to it, these are high school kids who are playing because they love the game! Anything can happen on any given night! 

Is there anywhere that I could possibly see you guys play?  I have searched for highlights of Grace but can't find anything! I would like to see what we are getting in to! lol

Edited by Vikings09

I had the chance to watch GCA around Thanksgiving and I said then that they would be in Murfreesboro. The 6'5 and 6'7 kids are by far their best guys but they didn't seem very urgent to get the ball to then. The 6'9 kid is very soft - he was at Bearden and his reason for transferring to TSSAA was "bullying" but after watching him play (I mean this in the nicest way possible and I'm not degrading the kid) I could certainly see why he might've been bullied. 

The PG is very flashy but can shoot the 3 if open and finishes well at the rim. Took multiple ill-advised shots such as 17 footer floaters rather than a pull up.. 

Like I said, that was around so they had plenty of time to patch those things up. 

I know Coach Abernathy who is at Humboldt - he did a great job at TSU in his day so I know this will likely be a shootout

• Upvote 1

I have seen Humboldt play.I can tell ever team there Humboldt will be a tough out and seen Mitchell as well and they will be as well. GCA has a lot of size but I will say this your size better be strong if not Humboldt's big guys are strong I mean strong as bulls power rebounders if your big guys are soft Humboldt will kill you or the boards and have a field day. Humboldt has a lot of quickness to. GCA I know let ever team belongs there not taking anything away from you guys! Humboldt can go very deep as well!

• Upvote 1

I had the chance to watch GCA around Thanksgiving and I said then that they would be in Murfreesboro. The 6'5 and 6'7 kids are by far their best guys but they didn't seem very urgent to get the ball to then. The 6'9 kid is very soft - he was at Bearden and his reason for transferring to TSSAA was "bullying" but after watching him play (I mean this in the nicest way possible and I'm not degrading the kid) I could certainly see why he might've been bullied.

The PG is very flashy but can shoot the 3 if open and finishes well at the rim. Took multiple ill-advised shots such as 17 footer floaters rather than a pull up..

Like I said, that was around so they had plenty of time to patch those things up.

I know Coach Abernathy who is at Humboldt - he did a great job at TSU in his day so I know this will likely be a shootout

You are right on.The big kid is soft and likes to play with his feet in the air trying to block EVERY shot and every game I saw was a non factor.You can't score or play D sitting next to the coach.NOW...The other kids are ballers and I mean ballers.The Soph is as good as any Sr I saw play this year and 41 could play and start for any team and and be the go to guy.The point guard is like Jekyl and Hyde.He can handle the ball like mad and shoot the 3 as good as anyone BUT some of his Ill advised passes bumfuzzles me.Now I still stand by what I have said GCA when they play to their strength is as good as any 3a team and will be hard for anyone to out them.IMO. Edited by orngnblk

Thank you sir! I am a sports fan! I love high school sports! A lot of times people get on here running their mouth when we haven't played in years! I see no point in doing that because when it comes down to it, these are high school kids who are playing because they love the game! Anything can happen on any given night!

Is there anywhere that I could possibly see you guys play? I have searched for highlights of Grace but can't find anything! I would like to see what we are getting in to! lol

You on twitter? Give me a follow @ericarnoldtn

If I shared our film library with Coach T world and a Humboldt Fan right before state my name would be mud LOL. 😂

But you can see Connors highlight reels if you like these have been on twitter for public consumption for a good while

Film Clips

https://wsckrossover.blob.core.windows.net/publish/658e4d97-bd7d-445b-8cd7-76b4f12630dd.mp4

http://krossover.clipro.tv/Player/Player2.aspx?videoId=43186

And yea its about the kids aint no fans, mommas, or daddys playing......just 10 boys on a court with 3 refs