2017 D1 Players from West Tennessee

justdunkit

1 hour ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Westview is the best team in West TN if not the state. Greenfield is the best Single A team in West TN with Dresden and Huntingdon right behind. Middle and East TN Single A are much better and its not even close

Are you trying to say Westview is the best team overall or just in  double A? You do know that Greenfield and Westview had a closed scrimmage before the season and it was basically a draw...right? Both teams had their moments. They looked like two of the state's best, ready to go out and make their marks on the season. The Jackets have beaten Double A Dyersburg, Crockett Co, Henry Co, and Triple A Dyer Co, so don't just assume that Westview would roll them, just because they're single A....because they wouldn't ! Greenfield is only 7 deep while Westview is the most complete team in West Tn, but those 7 girls are well conditioned. I expect both teams to make post season runs, but Westview has the much better chance of bringing home a gold ball. With Tasia and Deja leading the way, Westview will make it to at least the semis. Also, Middle and East TN Double A have been much better and it's not even close. I hope both local teams can go all the way!

2 hours ago, cradle2thegravelakersfan said:

Are you trying to say Westview is the best team overall or just in  double A? You do know that Greenfield and Westview had a closed scrimmage before the season and it was basically a draw...right? Both teams had their moments. They looked like two of the state's best, ready to go out and make their marks on the season. The Jackets have beaten Double A Dyersburg, Crockett Co, Henry Co, and Triple A Dyer Co, so don't just assume that Westview would roll them, just because they're single A....because they wouldn't ! Greenfield is only 7 deep while Westview is the most complete team in West Tn, but those 7 girls are well conditioned. I expect both teams to make post season runs, but Westview has the much better chance of bringing home a gold ball. With Tasia and Deja leading the way, Westview will make it to at least the semis. Also, Middle and East TN Double A have been much better and it's not even close. I hope both local teams can go all the way!

I watched Dyer County play and get defeated by both Greenfield and Westview. While Westview is strong inside , guard play and overall team depth won the game. Greenfield controlled tempo and managed the game to dictate what they wanted to do. They were in complete control of the game against DC. Westview defeated DC by 20 but was mainly because DC missed a lot of ill advised and forced shots and free throws. I still give a slight edge to Greenfield as best in West Tn but would like to see them play each other. Would be a great game.

Edited by DCDadCoachFan

19 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

I would say both Westview and Greenfield have a good shot at making a good run this year. If Westview is going to win them one, it's going to have to be this year. I feel safe in saying that these 2 teams are the best that west TN has to offer when it comes to A and AA - both are good teams.

GC,

Do you think Gibson County may be able to mount a run and sneak into a substate game or maybe even win a berth to the Glass House?  I think it is possible, but luck has to go their way in district and region matchups.  What do you think?

2 hours ago, BullShark said:

GC,

Do you think Gibson County may be able to mount a run and sneak into a substate game or maybe even win a berth to the Glass House?  I think it is possible, but luck has to go their way in district and region matchups.  What do you think?

Single A is wide open for anyone to take out of West TN - Do I think that Gibson can play with anyone in Single A? Yes.... They nearly beat Greenfield, but took a beating to Huntingdon. They have a shot at redemption tonight, so we will see what happens there. Gibson also scrimmaged Summertown in preseason and was competitive in that as well. Consistency will be key for them down the stretch.

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

Single A is wide open for anyone to take out of West TN - Do I think that Gibson can play with anyone in Single A? Yes.... They nearly beat Greenfield, but took a beating to Huntingdon. They have a shot at redemption tonight, so we will see what happens there. Gibson also scrimmaged Summertown in preseason and was competitive in that as well. Consistency will be key for them down the stretch.

Tell Wilkins to leave the refs alone and coach his girls. The Wilkins' boys are all known for that when their team lacks in talent. You never hear a word from them when they are loaded. Guess thats why S Gibson coach is liked the most this year

21 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Tell Wilkins to leave the refs alone and coach his girls. The Wilkins' boys are all known for that when their team lacks in talent. You never hear a word from them when they are loaded. Guess thats why S Gibson coach is liked the most this year

With a username such as ZEBRA35, I'll leave that issue between you and Wilkins. Most good coaches do work the refs.... refs are considered part of the game, right???

And if Gibson loses to Huntingdon by 20 again this year, I'll be surprised honestly.

Edited by GCPioneer

7 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

With a username such as ZEBRA35, I'll leave that issue between you and Wilkins. Most good coaches do work the refs.... refs are considered part of the game, right???

And if Gibson loses to Huntingdon by 20 again this year, I'll be surprised honestly.

Me too.  They may lose but I think it is close.  It will be interesting to see how HuntingDon reacts after getting drummed by Greenfield.  This game could go either way.