2017 Class 5A Coaches Preseason Poll: Murphy Fair Magazine

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/4/2017 at 0:18 AM, howdoitknow said:

The 2017 Edition of Murphy Fair's High School Football Preview is just a few weeks away from hitting the shelves.  It will be the 30th year that he had released the magazine.  

Class 5A Top 10:

1.)  Knoxville Catholic 

2.)  Rhea County 

3.)  Oak Ridge

4.)  Hillsboro 

5.)  Fulton

5.)  Henry County 

7.)  South Doyle

8.)  Knoxville Central 

9.)  Beech

10.)  Ridgeway

You would think that at least one team from Williamson County would be in the top 10 considering the success they have had over the last few years in the playoffs.

The Big Tuna knows if you want to catch the Bluefin you need a good strong line to land the big ones.

On 7/8/2017 at 1:42 PM, GWAVE1 said:

Summit and Page are your choices.

GW: I had to go and do some research and both teams made the playoffs last year, if Summit can get by the opening 2 weeks against in town rivals then they could go undefeated in the regular season; and I believe they are ready to become one of the many WCS teams to make big runs in the playoffs. Page is moving up from 4 A but I hear they are returning most of the interior lines on both sides of the ball along with a QB and a TB who several private schools were trying to lure over. 

With all that being said, I think at least one of those 2 teams should be mentioned in the mix. Kickoff classic is only 38 days away!! Almost football time in Tennessee!!

4 hours ago, WICKEDTUNA said:

GW: I had to go and do some research and both teams made the playoffs last year, if Summit can get by the opening 2 weeks against in town rivals then they could go undefeated in the regular season; and I believe they are ready to become one of the many WCS teams to make big runs in the playoffs. Page is moving up from 4 A but I hear they are returning most of the interior lines on both sides of the ball along with a QB and a TB who several private schools were trying to lure over. 

With all that being said, I think at least one of those 2 teams should be mentioned in the mix. Kickoff classic is only 38 days away!! Almost football time in Tennessee!!

I would not bet against the region 5 teams in the playoffs.  There is a lot of history there.  Summit is getting better no doubt but Page is an unknown at this level.  Neither are a Centennial or Independence type caliber team.  

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:26 PM, QSouth89 said:

The Irish lost a lot of seniors on offense and defense to graduation. The O-line is very good. The schedule is brutal. I'm curious to see how Catholic looks this year. 

Catholic picked up a 4 star WR that is a stud athlete. I heard he also plays Basketball.

Also just picked up Raynoch Thompson's son from Ky. Never hurts to pick up the son of a former Vol and NFLer.

1 hour ago, IrishBBall said:

Catholic picked up a 4 star WR that is a stud athlete. I heard he also plays Basketball.

Also just picked up Raynoch Thompson's son from Ky. Never hurts to pick up the son of a former Vol and NFLer.

This is vurry scirry fer our littull fellers inn Mairvul IBB......Necks weal heer thait Al Wilson's and Eric Westmoreland's sons weal bee playin fer tha Eyerish.....:unsure:

1 hour ago, IrishBBall said:

With all these studs they have recruited why was they scared to play Private ?? Wasnt they the only private school to remain in Public playoffs ?? Wonder how some of those kids that were getting aid are gonna play now ??? I know they were suppose to cut out the parents from having " jobs" .. laundry , sprinklers  etc ..to make up for tuition .. heard one family that told them they couldnt afford to pay for their star player to continue there was told dont worry we work something out ... ;);)

28 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

This is vurry scirry fer our littull fellers inn Mairvul IBB......Necks weal heer thait Al Wilson's and Eric Westmoreland's sons weal bee playin fer tha Eyerish.....:unsure:

Whats up STARS ???? You guys are gonna be strong .. may have to check out the KC and Rebs game ....