4AAA 2017-18

QSouth89

8 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

It looks like this will be on Packer Vision:

"Join us Tuesday night at 6 pm on My VLT for Drayer/VIP Rivalry Hoops, fueled by Pilot..Powell vs Maryville and Oak Ridge vs Bearden. Boys regional semifinals!!! @VarsityAllAxs @orwildcats @homeoftherebels @BeardenHoops @Powell_HFC @wvltpacker"

I will be watching.

22 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

Next year should be interesting in 4AAA. Everyone will be chasing Bearden and Maryville next year. Catholic loses their top two scorers but their jv team did go 16-0 so the Irish will depend on some younger players contributing. 

Considering that Bearden ran the table undefeated in 4-AAA and their key players are mostly juniors this year, I think everyone, including Maryville, will be chasing them next year. Maryville will have very good guard play and outside shooting, but they need to find a rebounding presence inside for next year to replace a couple of seniors they are losing.

Next year is a ways off and anything can happen with any of these teams.  Nothing ever stays the same. Transfers in, transfers out, kids get hurt, parents get new jobs in different cities, some kids have had enough of the grind, coaches come and go for a variety of reasons, etc. I do think it'll be Bearden and Maryville again next year, but you just never know. Even if Bearden drops a few players, they're still pretty deep and their JV team (and freshman team for that matter) are pretty strong. 

1 hour ago, Chinadog said:

Next year is a ways off and anything can happen with any of these teams.  Nothing ever stays the same. Transfers in, transfers out, kids get hurt, parents get new jobs in different cities, some kids have had enough of the grind, coaches come and go for a variety of reasons, etc. I do think it'll be Bearden and Maryville again next year, but you just never know. Even if Bearden drops a few players, they're still pretty deep and their JV team (and freshman team for that matter) are pretty strong. 

But Bearden's jv team was 0-3 vs. Catholic. Sorry Chinadog I couldn't resist lol. They were very talented.

1 hour ago, QSouth89 said:

But Bearden's jv team was 0-3 vs. Catholic. Sorry Chinadog I couldn't resist lol. They were very talented.

And last years varsity team dropped two to Catholic and one to Oak Ridge, Maryville, Hardin Valley and Lenoir City! See, anything can happen. :)  

Edited by Chinadog

4 hours ago, Chinadog said:

And last years varsity team dropped two to Catholic and one to Oak Ridge, Maryville, Hardin Valley and Lenoir City! See, anything can happen. :)  

That team Catholic had last year was special. I’m not sure if the Irish will ever have a team with the basketball IQ and defensive toughness that those guys had. Bearden has had a lot of talented teams over the years but this group of Bulldogs is special as well. How do you think they will stack up with Memphis East? Lets be real winning a title goes through Team Penny. I don’t think Bearden will be intimidated by them.

Would make me nervous. Two kids ranked in the ESPN Top 60 for the class of 2019. #1 being James Wiseman at 6'11". Team was ranked #1 in the national for a while. The Bearden team is special, they won tonight against Powell and they just set the Bearden regular season and all time boys record at 36-1. Pember is hurt, but may be back. They'll need him against East. The Bearden 6'7" kid (#44 - the one senior) had a good night and a putback dunk tonight and plays good D, but they will need Pember if they have any chance. Hopefully the don't meet until the final game.