McNairy Central

Bobcats83

This was a very bad hire to begin with. Never should have happen. After the 1st year, he tried to leave and take the Head Basketball job at Kossuth, MS. There was talk about letting him go after that, but he was kept. Again, a big mistake. 

The talk about a month ago was that he had been fired. But, nothing was ever officially said. Then, it came out that he had obtained a lawyer and was going to sue and fight it. Still, nothing offical ever came out. Then, a post was made last week on a Facebook page that contained a statement from Brown saying they had mutally agreed to part ways, etc. etc. Then, at the bottom, it had a disclaimer that pretty much said any negative comments could result in legal action being taken against that person. So, with all this legal stuff being thrown around, I suspect that lawyers may be still apart of this whole thing.

There were some kids from Selmer and Bethel that did go to Adamsville. I don't think it will hurt them that bad but you never want to lose athletes. Of course, they have already lost some the past couple years because of him anyway. However, I have been told that there are a lot of kids talking about coming back out to basketball now that he is gone. So, that is development to watch.

The names I have heard are assistant coaches Whitten and Dancer and the Selmer Middle School Coach Riley. I would really like Bingham to get the job. I, along with many others was hoping he would get the job when it was given to Brown. But, I don't know if he has the qualifications to be a Head Coach and that was the reason why he didn't get it a few years back. That's just what a lot of people I have talked to have told me. I think he would be a tremendous coach and the kids would play for him.

Edited by LetMeHearYA

1 hour ago, LetMeHearYA said:

This was a very bad hire to begin with. Never should have happen. After the 1st year, he tried to leave and take the Head Basketball job at Kossuth, MS. There was talk about letting him go after that, but he was kept. Again, a big mistake. 

The talk about a month ago was that he had been fired. But, nothing was ever officially said. Then, it came out that he had obtained a lawyer and was going to sue and fight it. Still, nothing offical ever came out. Then, a post was made last week on a Facebook page that contained a statement from Brown saying they had mutally agreed to part ways, etc. etc. Then, at the bottom, it had a disclaimer that pretty much said any negative comments could result in legal action being taken against that person. So, with all this legal stuff being thrown around, I suspect that lawyers may be still apart of this whole thing.

There were some kids from Selmer and Bethel that did go to Adamsville. I don't think it will hurt them that bad but you never want to lose athletes. Of course, they have already lost some the past couple years because of him anyway. However, I have been told that there are a lot of kids talking about coming back out to basketball now that he is gone. So, that is development to watch.

The names I have heard are assistant coaches Whitten and Dancer and the Selmer Middle School Coach Riley. I would really like Bingham to get the job. I, along with many others was hoping he would get the job when it was given to Brown. But, I don't know if he has the qualifications to be a Head Coach and that was the reason why he didn't get it a few years back. That's just what a lot of people I have talked to have told me. I think he would be a tremendous coach and the kids would play for him.

Dancer is the "unnamed" from my post...some influential people in Selmer initially said that it would be offered to either Dancer or Riley first, but you know how time affects this kind of process, and that was weeks ago. The "qualifications" you speak of are meaningless if the administration wishes to hire Bingham, unless you are meaning that they have reservations. Even non faculty can be hired as assistants with a simple online exam and a background check...moving forward from that, the same assistant can then be hired as head coach after a five year involvement, even if all are not with the same system. I hope that this move works out for the Bobcats, but the timing couldn't be much worse.

On 8/11/2017 at 8:09 PM, yankees8589 said:

They should hire a preacher..a man of the cloth so to speak.

Don't know where that came from.  They had a preacher's son in Forsythe.

There are coaches all over this country doing the discipline that is necessary without cussing kids and those that are doing it should be made to stop.  Period

Edited by Bobcats83
  • Upvote 1

Selmer Middle School coach Stacy Riley has been named interim Head Coach for the season. The position will be evaluated at the end of the year. 

I think this is a pretty good hire considering the circumstances. Former player, he has had a lot of success at the Middle School level, a lot of the current players have played for him. Most of the kids liked playing for him and he can keep kids from going to Adamsville. This is an opportunity to see how he handles the high school game and if he does well, he gets the job, if not, they can perform a coaching search.