McNairy Central

Bobcats83

concernedbobcat, you clearly do not know much about basketball. Jerry Lott has won more games than all but four coaches in the history of girls basketball in Tennessee. He is not going anywhere. Ask other high school coaches, they will tell you. His name is on the court. What other active high school coach has the field/court named after them?  

2 hours ago, Macnarry said:

concernedbobcat, you clearly do not know much about basketball. Jerry Lott has won more games than all but four coaches in the history of girls basketball in Tennessee. He is not going anywhere. Ask other high school coaches, they will tell you. His name is on the court. What other active high school coach has the field/court named after them?  

Tracy Chandler. 

I'm not going to get into a back and forth about Lott and his coaching ability or a lack of...Lott has been mentioned to be replaced often over the past few years though, and if the "right" people in Selmer get pushy about it, don't bet that it can't happen.

On 8/24/2017 at 11:54 AM, concernedbobcat said:

It's not hard to coach at Central anymore. AD is head coach of 2 sports. AD now has his buddy as Boys Head Coach. Now he needs to put Lott on the road. 

It's a tough place to coach.  Lots of folks out there think we have a winning tradition, we don't.  Been to state 3 times in 40+ years, haven't won district since 1996.  

Should be a little better this year with Bolivar and Fayette Ware not in the district but best we can hope far is to bow out 1st round of region 

if folks will be satisfied with his team playing hard and giving it their all he'll do well, if they want wins, he won't last long 

Edited by Bobcats83
Spelling

17 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Tracy Chandler. 

I'm not going to get into a back and forth about Lott and his coaching ability or a lack of...Lott has been mentioned to be replaced often over the past few years though, and if the "right" people in Selmer get pushy about it, don't bet that it can't happen.

Amen.  Lots of wins but hasn't been to state near as many times as he should have and didn't win a game 3 times he got there.  Can't win the big ones and his style of coaching isn't getting positive responses from today's players. Time to change   If We'd had a different coach we'd have a few state championships 

Edited by Bobcats83
Spelling

83, he has won in the state tournament. Get your facts together.  No one with a brain would fire him. He teaches basketball better than anyone. That will never go out of style.  If you do not like the way he coaches, then stay home and eat your oatmeal. 

Edited by Macnarry

1 hour ago, Macnarry said:

83, he has won in the state tournament. Get your facts together.  No one with a brain would fire him. He teaches basketball better than anyone. That will never go out of style.  If you do not like the way he coaches, then stay home and eat your oatmeal. 

I love oatmeal, it's great.  When did he win a game at state tournament?

doesn't matter really.  The kids don't respond to his style of teaching or coaching.  To many years we should have went to state.  Need new life in girls program 

Hoping powers that be will leave Riley alone.  Kids will play hard for him, won't win a lot but will be fun to watch 

1993. One of best teams ever in 5-on-5 era for MC. Your idea of good talent and mine differ slightly. Let's see, team not going to state  under Lott is bad. Kids having fun, but losing is okay with Riley. Logic just choked and died. I hope Riley is all-time leader in coaching wins in 10-12 years. 

What powers are going to bother Riley? Two ladies complain about Brown and the complainers win. It is 2017.

I don't have a dog in this fight or a bobcat lol, but the fact of the matter is that these kids are a new generation and require to be coached differently.  I'm not saying easy on them but you do have to coach them differently.  And anyone who coaches knows that.  If you can't build some kind of relationship with them then they will never give you everything they have.  Does a Coach Lott know fundamentals and the X's and O's? Yes I'm sure he does, but if you can't get the kids to play for you then none of that matters. If Coach Riley can build relationships with these kids early on then he will do fine, but people also have to understand that you can't win without talent.  I've read on here that someone thinks the talent in the county is down, if that is the case then no you can't expect him to win a lot of games but you can expect his teams to play hard. You must be able to make an honest evaluation of your program and except what you are.

Won 1 game in state 24 years ago.  Lott has had the talent to be so much better and ABSOLUTELY SHOULD have been to state numerous more times.  He has done less with more talent than any coach ever has.  Competition hasn't been that strong either.  I believe that only 1 team in his district, Chester Co, has won a state championship since he has been there.  His competition level has been a lot easier.  Teams like Fayette Ware, Northside, and for a stretch Bolivar, JCM & Southside were not very good so packed up several easy Wins.  IT IS time for a change but you keep believing he'll get the job done, ain't gonna happen. 

Boys competition level has been brutal:  Bolivar, Lexington, Southside, Liberty, Fayette Ware with all of them having gone to state tournament and won it 7 or 8 times.  We haven't had the talent to compete with those teams.  Can beat 1 of them occasionally but not consistently.  New district will help for 4 years but still hard to compete with Lexington, Southisde and now Northside too

I hope Riley does well and new district should help but looking at what is coming back and talent coming from junior highs the next few years, wins will still be hard to come buy. 

1 hour ago, Macnarry said:

You clearly have a personal ax to grind about Coach Lott. I am tired of trying to get you to see reality. I wish you would take the time to talk to other coaches. They know much more than me. Lott is the best girls coach that MCHS will ever have and we are  lucky to have him.

I don't think you can see the forest for the trees

4 hours ago, WestTennRaider said:

I don't have a dog in this fight or a bobcat lol, but the fact of the matter is that these kids are a new generation and require to be coached differently.  I'm not saying easy on them but you do have to coach them differently.  And anyone who coaches knows that.  If you can't build some kind of relationship with them then they will never give you everything they have.  Does a Coach Lott know fundamentals and the X's and O's? Yes I'm sure he does, but if you can't get the kids to play for you then none of that matters. If Coach Riley can build relationships with these kids early on then he will do fine, but people also have to understand that you can't win without talent.  I've read on here that someone thinks the talent in the county is down, if that is the case then no you can't expect him to win a lot of games but you can expect his teams to play hard. You must be able to make an honest evaluation of your program and except what you are.

Riley has a relationship with some of these kids already...he also has a state championship with them, in middle school. If you think that he (Riley) isn't an "old school" coach because the kids have good relationships with him, you need to watch him coach. Discipline on and off the floor and maximum effort are required at all times, or you sit. You travel to away games...you dress accordingly and behave like you represent your school, or you sit. I could keep going, but you get the message. How can you be hard on kids and still have their respect? You respect them, and let it be seen that you care about them both on and off the court. Riley can be a gem, if "they" let him coach and support him.