Oak Ridge/Maryville scrimmage

SweetScience

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pleasantly surprised that we could play with them. It looked to me like both first teams played the first half only and it was 14-14 at the half. Is that what everyone else saw? Our first drive was nice...70 yards and sharp. The secondary is a concern and the offensive line is a concern. Graham needs to get the ball more and I'll bet he does when it's a real game. I'm encouraged but I still hate our early season schedule. 

#24 ran tough. Can't remember one tackler bringing him down. If we can get him going between tackles the outside could open up for Graham. Really a sterling run for the TD. His first carry was for about 30 I  think. Almost took it to the house. OL is getting better as expected and should have gained some confidence with their showing  tonight. Maryville  looked well coached and very explosive on offense.  Heard some solid hits from both defences. All in all a good night of football from two teams who will win their share of games this season.  Thanks Mother Natute.

22 minutes ago, atrisk said:

#24 ran tough. Can't remember one tackler bringing him down. If we can get him going between tackles the outside could open up for Graham. Really a sterling run for the TD. His first carry was for about 30 I  think. Almost took it to the house. OL is getting better as expected and should have gained some confidence with their showing  tonight. Maryville  looked well coached and very explosive on offense.  Heard some solid hits from both defences. All in all a good night of football from two teams who will win their share of games this season.  Thanks Mother Natute.

Very impressed with Simpson this preseason.