NCAA xfer shake up

Bump11

23 minutes ago, Hamblin said:

HCWCC coachv

I think you are wrong about that coaches link. According to an email I have from Mark Reeves the coach link only applies to kids already in high school. If a kid is coming from middle school and does not have a high school record he is not effected.

In this case the kid is already in high school

9 hours ago, Hamblin said:

HCWCC coachv

I think you are wrong about that coaches link. According to an email I have from Mark Reeves the coach link only applies to kids already in high school. If a kid is coming from middle school and does not have a high school record he is not effected.

Yes that is the rule. It only applies to students who have an athletic record in a tssaa sanctioned sport and does not include tmsaa. What I mean by what I said is that I think in the sport of wrestling and maybe others that there are so many opportunities now outside of the scholastic season and some programs may just either not have a club team or may not have a separate high school coach and club coach so if lets say a club put together a traveling team, and invited kids that are in high school to wrestle on that team that didn't go to say the certain high school that club was meant to serve, and the club coach and the high school coach are the same person, if any of those students who are already in high school just wanted to transfer there because it was a better program or say if for whatever reason a family had to move that student is automatically ineligible if they have wrestled for any member of the high school staff in the past 12 months. I hope I am making sense here but all I'm trying to say is that now with all of the traveling teams, and national teams that we take to AAU Freshman/Sophomore Duals in Iowa and the Cadet and Junior national team trips, any athlete that wrestles on those trips is ineligible to wrestle for any coach that coached on that trip and I just don't think that's right. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that but just my opinion. 

Just because I'm curious. Didn't Coach Harrison just get the job for CBHS from Seymour? Had he been named the head coach at CBHS when this video was recorded or was he still the coach at Seymour? If he hadn't accepted the position at CBHS when Bowers wrestled for his Team Wolfpack would it be a violation?

Edited by WrestlingGod

26 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

Just because I'm curious. Didn't Coach Harrison just get the job for CBHS from Seymour? Had he been named the head coach at CBHS when this video was recorded or was he still the coach at Seymour? If he hadn't accepted the position at CBHS when Bowers wrestled for his Team Wolfpack would it be a violation?

Just checked, Derek was announced as the head coach on the CBHS twitter account on May 11, and the Flight Time Duals where the coaching link occurred was on May 20

• Upvote 1

Everyone knows that the TSSAA randomly monitors this website.  Will the TSSAA automatically investigate the case or would Cleveland High School have to formally make the TSSAA aware of the situation?

Why wouldn't CBHS just make the wrestlers father a volunteer assistant coach for this season and all problems should be solved.  The family moved and the father is going to be an assistant  coach at the school his son is attending.

On 8/10/2017 at 5:18 AM, HCWCCoachV said:

Joey McKenna isn't a 125lber so I'm not sure how he would replace Suriano. 

Pretty simple. Suriano wouldve supposedly gone 33 and McKenna can make 33. But my apologies for bringing this up in a strict tennessee only message board :P

9 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

Pretty simple. Suriano wouldve supposedly gone 33 and McKenna can make 33. But my apologies for bringing this up in a strict tennessee only message board :P

I doubt McKenna can make 33. He has been at 41. Flo is saying hed be 41 at Iowa or PSU but if he went to tOSU or Lehigh hed likely go up to 49.

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/56689-joey-mckenna-considering-transferring-out-of-stanford#.WZMIPth0yig

4 hours ago, HCWCCoachV said:

Yes that is the rule. It only applies to students who have an athletic record in a tssaa sanctioned sport and does not include tmsaa. What I mean by what I said is that I think in the sport of wrestling and maybe others that there are so many opportunities now outside of the scholastic season and some programs may just either not have a club team or may not have a separate high school coach and club coach so if lets say a club put together a traveling team, and invited kids that are in high school to wrestle on that team that didn't go to say the certain high school that club was meant to serve, and the club coach and the high school coach are the same person, if any of those students who are already in high school just wanted to transfer there because it was a better program or say if for whatever reason a family had to move that student is automatically ineligible if they have wrestled for any member of the high school staff in the past 12 months. I hope I am making sense here but all I'm trying to say is that now with all of the traveling teams, and national teams that we take to AAU Freshman/Sophomore Duals in Iowa and the Cadet and Junior national team trips, any athlete that wrestles on those trips is ineligible to wrestle for any coach that coached on that trip and I just don't think that's right. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that but just my opinion. 

Will any of this information have any effect on the kids that transferred in to Cleveland for this coming season?

22 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

It has nothing to do with Bowers. I'd probably go out on a limb and say that he never wanted to leave Cleveland in the first place. But rules are rules and it's clearly a violation. How can anyone that follows wrestling not know that. You gotta follow the rules and if you know the rules but break them anyways because u think your above the rules (and I think y'all know who I'm talking about) then you deserve what you get.

Who are you talking about here?