TWF Next Meeting

Rasslinking

2 hours ago, SAC said:

Just curious.. is this the same board that voted the Ironman from Blackman to Summit in the months after trying to withhold Blackman's fair share of the deal? Maybe the same one who gave Franklin the FS/G State Tournament but in another "meeting" took it away? Or is this the hand of the guy who "weighed" his own kid at his house? Not at the designated weigh-ins! Too much shady stuff going on, regardless of what progress is being made. Might be time to reach out to USA wrestling.

We're you on the conference call, and if you were did you bring up these issues, but if you were not do you really care about making the TWF better or just whining on this forum. Looking back on your past posts, one could conclude that you like to stir up drama but don't have any real drive to make things better. You remind me of a guy who is witness to a house on fire and just sits there, doing nothing to help, then makes comments on how pretty the flames are. Have you ever asked the TWF board if there is anything that you could do to help out. Seems like the right thing to do. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, HardCharging said:

You remind me of a guy who is witness to a house on fire and just sits there, doing nothing to help, then makes comments on how pretty the flames are. Have you ever asked the TWF board if there is anything that you could do to help out.

You obviously don't know me too well champ. 

8 hours ago, HardCharging said:

We're you on the conference call, and if you were did you bring up these issues, but if you were not do you really care about making the TWF better or just whining on this forum. Looking back on your past posts, one could conclude that you like to stir up drama but don't have any real drive to make things better. You remind me of a guy who is witness to a house on fire and just sits there, doing nothing to help, then makes comments on how pretty the flames are. Have you ever asked the TWF board if there is anything that you could do to help out. Seems like the right thing to do. 

Forums are, by definition, a place to exchange view points, so it seems completely reasonable to discuss concerns about TN wrestling on a forum dedicated to TN wrestling.  Issues such as the chairman of the twf taking his children on team tn trips for free which is akin to him being paid for a volunteer job, or money being made on the ordering of gear, of balance sheets being provided for money collected for trips and where that money was spent would all be appropriate topics for this forum and thread as is the current discussion.

Other than calling 911, what would a reasonable person be expected to do in the case of a house fire?  Firemen suggest laypersons stay out of the way and let professionals do their jobs.  No need to get for one to get in over his head simply because he is looking for credit of accolades.

P.S. I think you meant "were you" not "we're you".

Edited by taketop

5 hours ago, taketop said:

Forums are, by definition, a place to exchange view points, so it seems completely reasonable to discuss concerns about TN wrestling on a forum dedicated to TN wrestling.  Issues such as the chairman of the twf taking his children on team tn trips for free which is akin to him being paid for a volunteer job, or money being made on the ordering of gear, of balance sheets being provided for money collected for trips and where that money was spent would all be appropriate topics for this forum and thread as is the current discussion.

Other than calling 911, what would a reasonable person be expected to do in the case of a house fire?  Firemen suggest laypersons stay out of the way and let professionals do their jobs.  No need to get for one to get in over his head simply because he is looking for credit of accolades.

P.S. I think you meant "were you" not "we're you".

It seems that if these are legitimate issues, were they brought up at the annual meeting. If they were not, then it sounds like they are baseless allegations of men who would rather find problems than solutions. Find a way to help.

P.S. I think when a man is out to do the right things in life, people follow. 

Lastly, this whole thread seems personal. 

Edited by HardCharging
Typo

2 hours ago, HardCharging said:

It seems that if these are legitimate issues, were they brought up at the annual meeting. If they were not, then it sounds like they are baseless allegations of men who would rather find problems than solutions. Find a way to help.

P.S. I think when a man is out to do the right things in life, people follow him. 

Besides is it "akin", what does that mean.

Lastly, this whole thread seems personal. 

follow him?  Follow? For real? 

True colors usually show through. 

If these were baseless allegations then why respond to them in the first place?  Unless you have intimate knowledge of these things being true or not, why would you not assume they were hypothetical?  A statement or allegation is not verified by being mentioned on a phone call nor does does it mean that some sort of statute of limitations has run out if it was not mentioned.

Definition of akin

1 :related by blood :descended from a common ancestor or prototype

The dog and fox are closely akin.

2 :essentially similar, related, or compatible

His interests are akin to mine.

That first sentence is not good.  Was it a question or a statement? The second half was definitely a question but no question mark.   The first half alludes to something that is never followed up on.  I would normally not point this out but you seemed interested in vocabulary, so I thought you might be curious about grammar as well. 

Lastly: Pick a user name

Edited by taketop

Why not just have a physical meeting in a central location every year and elect the officers at that time.  If someone is holding a position and the majority feel they are doing a good job the chances of them being elected again are good.  If they are not doing a good job they will be voted out of office.  Why would anyone want to hold a position that does not have the support of the majority?

Edited by cbg