Humboldt needs to hire another High School Football Coach

JungleJim125

25 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

We can all sit here on our electronic device and bash Coach Reid and Humboldt High all they want, but that is unfair to Coach Reid. Truth is, Humboldt has no pride in their school. There's a lack of community support that supports their Vikings. I have no idea how many bottoms are sitting in Humboldt's stadium on Friday nights in the fall. Something I need to look into. I talked to a assistant at Humboldt and he just mainly said that their are athletes at Humboldt have scholarships to play college football but shoot themselves in the foot and stay home. Who's fault is that? Coach Reid? The athlete? Or the parent(s) of that athlete? Sometimes, the community fails too, not saying that this is all on the communities fault. But Humboldt lost 20+ seniors for a 1A school, of course they aren't going to be extremely competitive this year. I didn't think Coach Reid will ever get Humboldt to that 'level' that we are all expecting, but next time I want to see the Humboldt community to support their Vikings, or do a better job at it.

I guess they just support basketball then. Because coach Abernathy has their interest. Sorry but the truth is Reid is not a high school head coach. Parents will support if the coach is engaged. Ask Shaq when he is here for the basketball program. 

8 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

I guess they just support basketball then. Because coach Abernathy has their interest. Sorry but the truth is Reid is not a high school head coach. Parents will support if the coach is engaged. Ask Shaq when he is here for the basketball program. 

They'll support basketball only in the month of February. I've been to a few of their home games in previous years and the attendance has been average. To me, getting Shaq to Jackson showed somewhat of a desperation.  If they have money in their programs, Shaq probably wouldn't be coming to Jackson.

35 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

They'll support basketball only in the month of February. I've been to a few of their home games in previous years and the attendance has been average. To me, getting Shaq to Jackson showed somewhat of a desperation.  If they have money in their programs, Shaq probably wouldn't be coming to Jackson.

Desperation maybe but you have a coach that is trying something. Look we scrimmaged humboldt this summer and Reid was disengaged even during the scrimmage. The QB was about to get killled because of bad snaps. He was asked by the ref if he wanted the whistle blown to save him. His exact words were " whatever you think". Now tell me that is a coach that is engaged or even knew what was going on. He may be a good man but I have seen with my own eyes he can not coach. 

The claim of him not be engaged is trash it's not the coach it's the kids. Coach Reid even had some of the administration set up a cook out to bring more of the kids to play football. I've even heard that Coach Ab won't allow any possible varsity basketball players to play football after Izaya Brown and Devonte Bennett were injured right before basketball season. Next time do some research before you bash him ask any of the players that have played for him in high school get back with me.

Edited by Vikeguy123

I'm going to make a statement and some people may disagree with me but it is my honest opinion. 

Reid knew he was coming in the back door to take this job 4 years ago and that the school system was doing a knif job to the back on Bland. To know this and take the job anyway speaks to that man's character. Had I been in that situation and offered the Joni would have turned it down because what they did is just not right. I believe coach Reid showed no integrity in that situation. Just my two cents b

11 hours ago, Vikeguy123 said:

The claim of him not be engaged is trash it's not the coach it's the kids. Coach Reid even had some of the administration set up a cook out to bring more of the kids to play football. I've even heard that Coach Ab won't allow any possible varsity basketball players to play football after Izaya Brown and Devonte Bennett were injured right before basketball season. Next time do some research before you bash him ask any of the players that have played for him in high school get back with me.

First thing here nobody has trash him or none of his players. When you are 1A school and have around 40 player with the talent Humboldt has you should compete in 1A. Like I am posted Reid is a good man myself have nothing but respect for him. No matter what you think Reid is not head coach material just that simple. He had no control over the kids at all none period! Cooks out don't win games taking control of your players wins game! Every post have read on this thread is spot on! Far as Coach AB he is right. why would he want to put his players in danger of getting hurt he knows that the players are out of control! Big mistake letting Bland get away he had brought Humboldt football back from the dead winning 7 to 8 games again he got some of Humboldt football respect back. 2013 all the players he coached on that team where Blands kids. And he let a team like Halls beat him no disrespect to Halls that should have never happen. I got a good friend in Humboldt EG that knows the program and what  is going on! After the 2013 season was over he had players that didn't even come to practice and he still let them stay on the team! I hope Humboldt can find a decent job after this season. Because meaning no disrespect but Shepard who got the job the rest of the year is also part of the problem. Lot changes need to be made in the Football program and just shut it down nobody wants to their team be the crap beat out of them ever game. Humboldt may not win maybe 2 games this or they may not win none! I am not bashing Reid just telling the truth and that hurts don't it!

Edited by JungleJim125

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I'm going to make a statement and some people may disagree with me but it is my honest opinion. 

Reid knew he was coming in the back door to take this job 4 years ago and that the school system was doing a knif job to the back on Bland. To know this and take the job anyway speaks to that man's character. Had I been in that situation and offered the Joni would have turned it down because what they did is just not right. I believe coach Reid showed no integrity in that situation. Just my two cents b

I agree because I don't understand Reid. He had turned the job down two or three times. He was offered the job before Bland took it. Makes no sense to me why all the sudden he wanted the job!

11 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Desperation maybe but you have a coach that is trying something. Look we scrimmaged humboldt this summer and Reid was disengaged even during the scrimmage. The QB was about to get killled because of bad snaps. He was asked by the ref if he wanted the whistle blown to save him. His exact words were " whatever you think". Now tell me that is a coach that is engaged or even knew what was going on. He may be a good man but I have seen with my own eyes he can not coach. 

Another post right on the money!

I know and I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that knows why Coach Bland got run off from Humboldt.  However, I'm not bringing that subject up here.  I would love to have Coach Bland leading the team I pull for because we sure could use a good Coach like him right about now. Does anyone know if he's coaching now and if so, where?  ...Thanks!

16 hours ago, jj420 said:

I know and I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that knows why Coach Bland got run off from Humboldt.  However, I'm not bringing that subject up here.  I would love to have Coach Bland leading the team I pull for because we sure could use a good Coach like him right about now. Does anyone know if he's coaching now and if so, where?  ...Thanks!

Reid tried to offer him a spot as an assistant before the 2016 season he stayed for 3 weeks. Then stopped coming to practices.

4 hours ago, Vikeguy123 said:

Reid tried to offer him a spot as an assistant before the 2016 season he stayed for 3 weeks. Then stopped coming to practices.

4 hours ago, Vikeguy123 said:

Bland left because there were terrible man get real. Next reason was was half the team would not even show up to practice. That is why he left. Reid had no control at all over his players! No I have no dog in this fact just hate to see the job Bland did go down the drain. I hope Humboldt can fine another good coach to get them back to being able to compete in 1A.

Edited by JungleJim125