GCA v TKA

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Anyone ever been to The Kings Academy before to see a football game. I pulled it up on Google Earth and unless it's and old picture there wasn't much or any seating at all. I noticed it was at the old campus of Harrison-Chilhowee, probably the worst high school football team in America at one time.

Not much seating. Take a chair and sit on the hill. 

Better players than seating for sure Barney. Bring a chair and come early.

Should be a great game. They're a LOT BETTER than in years past. They've got (D-1 offered) talent in at least one lineman for sure. He's a man amongst boys and will have to be accounted for. They have a lot more than just him too. I'm sure the Ram brain trust has been hashing out a game plan. I can't wait to see what they come up with!

23 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Anyone ever been to The Kings Academy before to see a football game. I pulled it up on Google Earth and unless it's and old picture there wasn't much or any seating at all. I noticed it was at the old campus of Harrison-Chilhowee, probably the worst high school football team in America at one time.

MUCH better football team now, Barney. They've got some playmakers. The seating doesn't bother us, we don't have very much either. We're both small schools and it makes it feel "bigger" when the stands get packed out. Looking forward to seeing TKA on Friday. I was there a few years ago with the MS team. Cool field and atmosphere. I can assure you those players don't care how many bleachers there are. 

27 minutes ago, gcapride said:

MUCH better football team now, Barney. They've got some playmakers. The seating doesn't bother us, we don't have very much either. We're both small schools and it makes it feel "bigger" when the stands get packed out. Looking forward to seeing TKA on Friday. I was there a few years ago with the MS team. Cool field and atmosphere. I can assure you those players don't care how many bleachers there are. 

Preach it Pride, I say true dat to that. TKA will be a formidable foe on Friday night. Good team with talented players and coaching staff. This game will be worth the price of admission. I pray both teams end contest injury free and satisfied with their efforts. That's all you can ask for as a team. Go Rams

10 hours ago, gcapride said:

I played ALOT of games against Harrison Chilhowee!Our JV played their varsity and it was always a runaway!Barney is right one of the worst in the USA at one time.Different story now tho!

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Different story now tho!

Yes it is. They have speed and size. They went to Silverdale last week and pitched a shutout. I'm really pleased with our non region games in this rotation. Alcoa, TKA, Greenback and Happy Valley. All 4 of those will be tough games the next 2 years.

I agree Booger, sure glad we don't have to do that much traveling, though we still have some. For the life of me, I don't see why there aren't just two D-II divisions. That would've helped most in the travel dept. At worst, there should've been three evenly numbered divisions. Then again, the HOF Webb coach had a say in that, and that would've put them in with the big boys. Can't do that! It's more fun to beat up on the newbies until we get our pipeline programs together.

But, that's old news in a new season of football. I shall shut it and look forward to what seems like it should be a VERY COMPETITIVE football game in Seymour tomorrow night. Hoping I can get a little bday gift from my boy tomorrow.....couple of TDs maybe. One can hope! We're gonna need 'em.