McGill freshman RB from William Blount transfers to maryville

fooseball95

22 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

And tell us what's going on at WB? If you have some knowledge, by all means share it.

Can't do that on here.Guvna you know yourself something just ain't right!

GB had its share of kids and parents wanting to be a part of our program but our rule is no out of county.Doesn't mean they don't blow off a little steam when they are here.

You have followed me long enough to now I am pretty straight forward. You are a good fan and I respect that very much,but at some point you just have to run off screaming!

Edited by orngnblk

6 minutes ago, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but you Maryville folk can't honestly believe kids transferring isn't the act of Maryville coaches/faculty reaching out to these kids/parents. Every year they some how land a great transfer from another school in the county. The back up QB who led the winning drive last week is from Townsend. I understand that success is what it is. They have earned their place with sustained success. C'mon on though guys, be objective for once. Also, let me say this, IF YOU ARE A GOOD ENOUGH PLAYER TO PLAY BIG TIME COLLEGE FOOTBALL THE COACHES KNOW WHO YOU ARE REGARDLESS OF YOUR SCHOOL. This is 2017, that stance no longer has credibility. There's to much access out there for college coaches to only look a few schools for talent. If you stack the playing and made kids go to school where they were suppose to go, the "825" isn't the best in this county, William Blount is. You Maryville folk have to be honest for once. Own the fact that your school recruits kids, that's fine it is the nature of the game now, but stop pretending like it doesn't happen. It makes you fit the stereotype. 

I've only lived in Maryville since 2000. But I recall MHS football always being a powerhouse.  If there has been "recruiting" over the years, I would think at some point someone would have been in trouble by now.  We have had players from out of state that moved in b/c of their parents job.  They researched the local football programs and moved to the MHS district. Does that mean they were recruited? No.  Maryville doesn't always have the best players, but I believe we have the best program and coaches.  JMO

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, MomTo81 said:

I've only lived in Maryville since 2000. But I recall MHS football always being a powerhouse.  If there has been "recruiting" over the years, I would think at some point someone would have been in trouble by now.  We have had players from out of state that moved in b/c of their parents job.  They researched the local football programs and moved to the MHS district. Does that mean they were recruited? No.  Maryville doesn't always have the best players, but I believe we have the best program and coaches.  JMO

Kinda like Bradley and Cleveland back in the 90s and such, but everyone and their brother knew and knows that the ole coach Benny Monroe recruited at Cleveland. 

Not a team today or yesterday in Tennessee could have beat those 90 state champs Cleveland teams. Whoever Benny didn't recruit from around the area, the other kids/parents knew that they were king of football in this state and wanted their kids to go to Cleveland.

Now times has changed just a tad bit. Right now Bradley is a better program and parents and kids want to go to Bradley, especially all these Cleveland kids that has been transferring to Bradley. It's not all about recruiting. These kids sees this. Sees what schools are on top in their county and wants to play for that team. 

Who knows if Maryville is recruiting, but most likely kids are going there cause of its powerhouse reputation and state championships. 

Edited by DaChampsAgain

1 minute ago, DaChampsAgain said:

Kinda like Bradley and Cleveland back in the 90s and such, but everyone and their brother knew and knows that the ole coach Benny Monroe recruited at Cleveland. 

Cleveland not a team today or yesterday in Tennessee could have beating those 90 state champs Cleveland teams. Whoever Benny didn't recruit from around the area, the other kids/parents knew that they were king of football in this state and wanted their kids to go to Cleveland.

Now times has changed just a tad bit. Right now Bradley is a better program and parents and kids want to go to Bradley, especially all these Cleveland kids that has been transferring to Bradley. It's not all about recruiting. These kids sees this. Sees what schools are on top in their county and wants to play for that team. 

Who knows if Maryville is recruiting, but most likely kids are going there cause of its powerhouse reputation and state championships. 

I agree with you as far as the kids wanting to transfer to other schools.  I have several friends who have football players at different schools.  At one point or another, their boys have asked to move to Maryville.  It's natural for a player to want to play at a really good program.  Face it, NOBODY likes to lose!

4 minutes ago, DaChampsAgain said:

Not a team today or yesterday in Tennessee could have beat those 90 state champs Cleveland teams. Whoever Benny didn't recruit from around the area, the other kids/parents knew that they were king of football in this state and wanted their kids to go to Cleveland.

:roflolk:

That's some big news. I hate it for the LA faithful; they deserve better. If anybody hears the terms of the contract, let us know. I assume the standard garbage service, movie passes, and guaranteed prom date are all included, but I was curious as to the "extras". There are always rumors about the discounted pool installation, Destin time shares, and all you can eat ribs.

I wish the boy the best of luck. 

3 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

People can't get mad because the young man wants to win. Who wants to play at WB and stink it up every year or go to Maryville and play for a ring every year. I think I know which one I'd choose.

Not made cause the young man wants to win.  Not mad if his parents want him to go to Maryville (great school / awesome coaching staff). Mad because the parents should have gone ahead and made the decision last spring instead of letting him go through summer drills, pre-season practice, and his first varsity game.  Is that fair?

• Upvote 2