McGill freshman RB from William Blount transfers to maryville

fooseball95

4 minutes ago, MOMOF23 said:

A "little adversity" did you watch the Middle school championship? Parker thrives on adversity. The decision wasn't made Friday and it wasn't a easy one. Next time we have a family decision to make will invite the whole WB staff, alumni and boosters in our home to help. That's what happened the first time and look where we ended up.

This was one of the hardest choices we had to make but all of you are making it much easier.

Welcome to the family!  <3

1 hour ago, strongx said:

That's some big news. I hate it for the LA faithful; they deserve better. If anybody hears the terms of the contract, let us know. I assume the standard garbage service, movie passes, and guaranteed prom date are all included, but I was curious as to the "extras". There are always rumors about the discounted pool installation, Destin time shares, and all you can eat ribs.

I wish the boy the best of luck. 

Don't forget the haircuts at Broadway Barber Shop.....

1 hour ago, DaChampsAgain said:

Kinda like Bradley and Cleveland back in the 90s and such, but everyone and their brother knew and knows that the ole coach Benny Monroe recruited at Cleveland. 

Not a team today or yesterday in Tennessee could have beat those 90 state champs Cleveland teams. Whoever Benny didn't recruit from around the area, the other kids/parents knew that they were king of football in this state and wanted their kids to go to Cleveland.

Now times has changed just a tad bit. Right now Bradley is a better program and parents and kids want to go to Bradley, especially all these Cleveland kids that has been transferring to Bradley. It's not all about recruiting. These kids sees this. Sees what schools are on top in their county and wants to play for that team. 

Who knows if Maryville is recruiting, but most likely kids are going there cause of its powerhouse reputation and state championships. 

We're not, the kid's dad has openly spoke about putting his kid in Maryville before on CoachT but for whatever reason he initially decided he would succeed more at WB.

In regards to the Cleveland teams, I played against the best 2 and in particular the team with the Cobb twins stands out. However, I would bet there are a few of our teams at Maryville would have beat them.  Just in the late 90's I'd take the 95, 97, and especially the 98 team at Maryville but we unfortunately we'll never know.

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Can't do that on here.Guvna you know yourself something just ain't right!

GB had its share of kids and parents wanting to be a part of our program but our rule is no out of county.Doesn't mean they don't blow off a little steam when they are here.

You have followed me long enough to now I am pretty straight forward. You are a good fan and I respect that very much,but at some point you just have to run off screaming!

Losing is frustrating for everyone.  I should know. I have sat through 95%  of the games since we had a winning season. And last friday was one of the worst and most frustrating losses I have sat through. Having said that, the cycle has to end. At some point, people have to be patient and be loyal to their school if we want to win.

People like you and 32Hammer like to make vague statements about whats going on at WB. I went to WB and still go to all the games. I may not know everything that goes on behind closed doors, but I think I have some imagination about it. I know that WB is a good school with good teachers and administrators. People can choose to send their kids elsewhere to win, but dont try to act like its about anything else. It makes me mad when people try to act like the school is bad or people arent treated well there. I know better than that.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

Would you feel that way if Cleveland was going through tough times and everyone started jumping ship for Bradley Central?

Half of our basketball team has transferred, a stud freshman that played football at Cleveland Middle is currently playing for Bradley. We've lost players to Mccallie and other schools. It happens , life goes on.

Edited by clevelandblueraiderfan

3 minutes ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Half of our basketball team has transferred, a stud freshman that played football at Cleveland Middle is currently playing for Bradley. We've lost players to Mccallie. It happens , life goes on.

Dont try to pretend things are as bad there. You dont have two teams that win state just about every year within 6 miles. We've also lost some players to Greenback. They are one of the premiere programs in 1A. We are surrounded here. Lol

1 minute ago, TheGuvna said:

Dont try to pretend things are as bad there. You dont have two teams that win state just about every year within 6 miles. We've also lost some players to Greenback. They are one of the premiere programs in 1A. We are surrounded here. Lol

No, it's not as bad here. I'm sure it's even harder to keep kids with Maryville in your backyard. Not really anything you can do about it though. Kids are going to go where they want and they want to go where they can win. Maryville has a history of winning, so they are an attractive option. 

41 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

People can choose to send their kids elsewhere to win, but dont try to act like its about anything else. 

Let's not forget the fact that MHS is a much better school. It's insulting to the parents to suggest academics couldn't play a role here

Edited by oldrebel