McGill freshman RB from William Blount transfers to maryville

fooseball95

4 hours ago, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but you Maryville folk can't honestly believe kids transferring isn't the act of Maryville coaches/faculty reaching out to these kids/parents. Every year they some how land a great transfer from another school in the county. The back up QB who led the winning drive last week is from Townsend. I understand that success is what it is. They have earned their place with sustained success. C'mon on though guys, be objective for once. Also, let me say this, IF YOU ARE A GOOD ENOUGH PLAYER TO PLAY BIG TIME COLLEGE FOOTBALL THE COACHES KNOW WHO YOU ARE REGARDLESS OF YOUR SCHOOL. This is 2017, that stance no longer has credibility. There's to much access out there for college coaches to only look a few schools for talent. If you stack the playing and made kids go to school where they were suppose to go, the "825" isn't the best in this county, William Blount is. You Maryville folk have to be honest for once. Own the fact that your school recruits kids, that's fine it is the nature of the game now, but stop pretending like it doesn't happen. It makes you fit the stereotype. 

Garbige servuss iz vurry attacktive......Thait's all eye'm gonna say.....:popcorneater:

30 minutes ago, oldrebel said:

Let's not forget the fact that MHS is a much better school. It's insulting to the parents to suggest academics couldn't play a role here

I don't mean to be contrary, but I believe that a child's academic success has much more to do with parenting and natural-born ability than anything that happens at school. Maryville's student body is different than WB's as a whole, but that doesn't mean anything about WB as an academic institution. WB has excellent teachers and is an excellent school. 

If we're talking about academics instead of football, I will just leave this here: https://sites.google.com/a/blountk12.org/latest-news/news/threewilliamblountstudentswinscholarships

But if we're talking about football, I must say that this whole thread is a little unsettling. I see a lot of posters seemingly excited about WB's misfortunes, and I'm not really sure why.  I wish the player the best of luck at Maryville. It wouldn't be the first time a former Governor has won a ring wearing red and black (as a player or coach). However, for everyone who feels it's necessary to insult William Blount, I must say that I wouldn't trade my time in orange and blue for anything, and those memories mean more to me than my rings. 

2 minutes ago, AllRegion said:

I don't mean to be contrary, but I believe that a child's academic success has much more to do with parenting and natural-born ability than anything that happens at school. Maryville's student body is different than WB's as a whole, but that doesn't mean anything about WB as an academic institution. WB has excellent teachers and is an excellent school. 

If we're talking about academics instead of football, I will just leave this here: https://sites.google.com/a/blountk12.org/latest-news/news/threewilliamblountstudentswinscholarships

But if we're talking about football, I must say that this whole thread is a little unsettling. I see a lot of posters seemingly excited about WB's misfortunes, and I'm not really sure why.  I wish the player the best of luck at Maryville. It wouldn't be the first time a former Governor has won a ring wearing red and black (as a player or coach). However, for everyone who feels it's necessary to insult William Blount, I must say that I wouldn't trade my time in orange and blue for anything, and those memories mean more to me than my rings. 

You must be an Administrator or Educator at WB. 

6 hours ago, williebgovs04 said:

Do you know who runs TSSAA?  maryville has their hands on the controller man. You not being from around here can't see it on the daily like we do but it is how things are anymore.  I don't blame them one bit because if I had the power I probably would overuse it also..

Are the Russians involved?