Union City @ Peabody

TPeabodyGT

We are in for a fight.  My Tornadoes did perform much better last night but they still have a great deal to work on.  We are who we are and that is a hard nosed running team.  Nothing to add about that.  My concern is penalties and turnovers.  We must improve on both of those.  We do a better job of stopping ourselves than the teams we have played so far.  If we don't get better it's gonna be a long season. 

Not sure how this one will go.  After last night, it's obvious that Trenton has improved a lot, getting a huge win!  Not sure you can read much into UC's first 2 results, Mayfield is in a different league, and UC's offensive scheme is hard to stop for anyone around here.   It will also be interesting to see how Trenton can respond immediately after winning a hard fought game with Milan.  Playing Milan and UC back to back to open the year is brutal!  

37 minutes ago, Archiewho said:

Not sure how this one will go.  After last night, it's obvious that Trenton has improved a lot, getting a huge win!  Not sure you can read much into UC's first 2 results, Mayfield is in a different league, and UC's offensive scheme is hard to stop for anyone around here.   It will also be interesting to see how Trenton can respond immediately after winning a hard fought game with Milan.  Playing Milan and UC back to back to open the year is brutal!  

Mayfield is not that great.  UC simply isn't near as good as we all thought they would be this year. 

Manowar must think no one knows anything about football but him.  I've seen Championship teams.  I know good football when I see it. Mayfield is excellent.  Can't pay any attention to anyone who says otherwise.  This guy is an idiot plain and simple.  

I can't argue with his UC comment at this point in the season. I see great potential and we are going to get there.  A win against Peabody would be a huge step in the right direction.  We are and will continue to improve.  We will be better this week than last week and by the time the playoffs get here I believe we will peak and make a strong run.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, BigSwo said:

Manowar must think no one knows anything about football but him.  I've seen Championship teams.  I know good football when I see it. Mayfield is excellent.  Can't pay any attention to anyone who says otherwise.  This guy is an idiot plain and simple.  

I can't argue with his UC comment at this point in the season. I see great potential and we are going to get there.  A win against Peabody would be a huge step in the right direction.  We are and will continue to improve.  We will be better this week than last week and by the time the playoffs get here I believe we will peak and make a strong run.

Thanks for taking up for my team but for real uc is young even though they were forced to step up last year the mentality of these young me will get there by play offs they will be ready for war congrats on the victory last night big confidence builder GO TORNADOES 

• Upvote 1

The tools are there and one more will be added in a couple weeks. They just need to be sharpened. By playoffs we'll have a razors edge. 

As for Mayfield, excellent team incredible coaching.

Peabody sounds much improved over last year. This match up is always a battle no different this year.

Trollowar, idiot.

6 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Im drinking the Tide Kool Aid. Peabody by 6 at home!

I must agree I will go with Peabody at home in a close one. But I am thinking this might be a shoot out.  But last night the Tide defense look mighty good. Last year that was UC weakness was defense if so it will be a long night for UC.  Also could be a long night for the Tide if they cant stop the veer. This will be a heck of a game!

No matter what Union City always makes for an exciting game.  There's always been a heated rivalry since we broke that long standing winning streak a few years ago. That fueled the hate (or strong dislike) UC has towards us.  Haha.   I hope though we've gained some respect over the years as a decent program.  Nevertheless, it will be a good game!  I of course have to say the Tide will roll with it. We've got some good momentum so far, and I hope it continues deep into the playoffs.

No doubt there will be some good chatter on here this week....  especially after folks have their nightcaps. 

1 hour ago, TPeabodyGT said:

No matter what Union City always makes for an exciting game.  There's always been a heated rivalry since we broke that long standing winning streak a few years ago. That fueled the hate (or strong dislike) UC has towards us.  Haha.   I hope though we've gained some respect over the years as a decent program.  Nevertheless, it will be a good game!  I of course have to say the Tide will roll with it. We've got some good momentum so far, and I hope it continues deep into the playoffs.

No doubt there will be some good chatter on here this week....  especially after folks have their nightcaps. 

Hey now us here at TCA do not have a night cap !!!!!!!!!!  Hahahaha. Hoping for a good game and no injuries. Much respect to both programs from the Lions.