W3 - Adamsville travels to TCA

Redrage1990

Chose this game over several other games to watch last night.  At times I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone.  It was complete role reversal from most other matchups between these two teams as Adamsville had most of their success passing the ball and TCA was most effective power running with #1.  Great game!  Good luck to both teams going forward!

Great night at TCA, classic hard fought battle between two great teams. We both have to represent against our western region opponents. Super proud of Tyler "FunRun" Moore, four months with the Marines and WOW what a difference. We all need that kind of discipline in our lives.  

One of the hardest hitting 2A games I've seen in years.  Two pretty stout defenses.  Lots of mistakes on both sides but I think that was first game Region jitters.  Not sure either team can beat UC or Peabody but I think both will compete well against those teams.  TCA could have given up early but they stayed focus and got it done.  Walker is a very dangerous back for Aville.  Aville's passing attack is solid with Lake and Austin at receiver.  TCA will need to get more of their playmakers involved in later games.  If something is working(Horton) then keep feeding it to him!  He was a workhorse last night.  TCA's defense has a mean streak in them which we haven't had for years.  I'm concerned about our pass defense especially this week against USJ. 

19 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Your passing attack still scares me. Not sold on our passing defense. 

Ryan Miller and Jacob Buie are tough for anyone to stop. Some of the other receivers stepped up this week as well. There's a new player from the basketball club out at receiver who will make some big plays before the season is over (and maybe get himself a scholarship).

USJ played much better against Haywood than the first two games. Still too many penalties and unforced errors, but if they keep the same intensity they'll win some games this year.

If the USJ team that played Haywood shows up, they're the favorite.

Either way, It should be a good game. I'm a fan of the TCA coaching staff. Digging the smash mouth style this year. Always impressive how your offense changes year-to-year to best fit your talent. 

2 hours ago, Kublah said:

Ryan Miller and Jacob Buie are tough for anyone to stop. Some of the other receivers stepped up this week as well. There's a new player from the basketball club out at receiver who will make some big plays before the season is over (and maybe get himself a scholarship).

USJ played much better against Haywood than the first two games. Still too many penalties and unforced errors, but if they keep the same intensity they'll win some games this year.

Either way, It should be a good game. I'm a fan of the TCA coaching staff. Digging the smash mouth style this year. Always impressive how your offense changes year-to-year to best fit your talent. 

I agree. This game is shaping up to be a great one.  I wouldn't call it a rivalry so much since the series has historically been so one-sided and the teams have been in different classifications for the last 8 plus years, but with the schools so close, everybody knows everybody.  I look for a lot of yards and a lot of points to be piled up.  USJ 38  TCA 31

2 hours ago, BullShark said:

I agree. This game is shaping up to be a great one.  I wouldn't call it a rivalry so much since the series has historically been so one-sided and the teams have been in different classifications for the last 8 plus years, but with the schools so close, everybody knows everybody.  I look for a lot of yards and a lot of points to be piled up.  USJ 38  TCA 31

Sounds good. We don't really have a chance. USJ is the best 0-3 team in the state. Been there done that 2 years ago

Edited by BigEdMo

5 hours ago, Kublah said:

I agree with comment about coaches.  Anytime a coach tailors his offense to the talent he has that's a sign of a good coach!  Some coaches run the same offense regardless of what talent they have and that doesn't work!