GreenEville @ Science Hill

DevilMan03

Just now, BatmanDevil said:

Makes you wonder what someone a 100 miles away knows .I'd say if Knox prep were like Vegas and were going to take all bets, they would quickly drop that to an even game and give no points to SH.Greeneville may beat the living crap out of SH but nobody with a clue would make Greeneville an easy winner and put huge money on it.Oh ,I'll make a friendly little even bet on my Devils but no way would I give SH 10 points and do any big amount.And yes ,I'm saying if it was legal to do those kinds of things

I know who's going to win this game and what the final score will be. 

1 minute ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I know who's going to win this game and what the final score will be. 

I do to,I'll let everyone else know around 11pm Friday night.Will be a very huge test for the Devils.I don't like to lose and want to win them all but for myself,that's not close to what this game is about.I'd take a game that Greeneville has its chances one way or the other from the start until the end ,over a win like UT got monday.Come out with a lot of positive things to build on and be competitive against SH's fine athletes.

I agree that nobody at the Knox News Sentinel is qualified to make lines or predictions on high school football games anywhere, much less ones involving teams outside of Knoxville. But I will say that the Knox News Sentinel covers Greeneville more than the Johnson City Press does, which I do not understand.  For whatever reason, Doug Fritz (the sports editor at the Johnson City Press) has always seemed biased against Greeneville.  Even when Greeneville is the number 1 or 2 team in their classification (which has been for the better part of the last 7 years), the Johnson City Press only provides decent coverage when it is the semifinals or finals, and there are no other teams playing.  

Not to mention, Fritz's articles on high school sports are pretty corny and demonstrate he really doesn't know much about football.  For example, for the last several years, Fritz has been infatuated with the statistic of which teams score the most points, and every week, he has an article about the updated scoring averages.  Maybe I am in the minority, but there is no analysis or anything interesting about that article that runs every week for 12 weeks.   

The JC Press just covers whichever school is "hot" at the moment. Right now, SH is the trendy football school in the Tri-Cities so they feature them every week and might give Boone or Crockett a little blurb on the side. I really noticed this about 3 yrs ago when Crockett suddenly got good at basketball. It seemed like there was a feature on Crockett basketball in the sports section every time they played. Meanwhile, SH would be lucky to get a short write up on their games. Once the Good graduated from Crockett and SH took over the conference again the JC Press started featuring the Toppers again and gave Crockett the 2nd class treatment.

Edited by WBNC83

Game day is tomorrow and it's great to enjoy high school football and all the things that take our minds off of  every day struggles and worries that we all deal with.My next door neighbor is always on the road with the red cross and right now it looks like he could be anywhere in the country with these terrible storms that are just changing peoples lives all over the place.I hope for an injury free and fun game tomorrow but my thoughts are also  with the rest of our nation as we prepare for multiple storms on top of what has already taken so many lives.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Game day is tomorrow and it's great to enjoy high school football and all the things that take our minds off of  every day struggles and worries that we all deal with.My next door neighbor is always on the road with the red cross and right now it looks like he could be anywhere in the country with these terrible storms that are just changing peoples lives all over the place.I hope for an injury free and fun game tomorrow but my thoughts are also  with the rest of our nation as we prepare for multiple storms on top of what has already taken so many lives.

ive read every post in this thread and im shocked that not a single person has thought of or mentioned the most important factor in the outcome of this dang game......THE TRASH CAN....yep, Greeneville has got them a painted up 13 gallon kitchen size trash can that I will be carrying over my head on the sidelines the entire game....this alone on most nights would guarantano us a win, but with the rain and wind we're expecting friday night things  could get pretty dormady for the tippers and Devils.

8 hours ago, BVDevil said:

ive read every post in this thread and im shocked that not a single person has thought of or mentioned the most important factor in the outcome of this dang game......THE TRASH CAN....yep, Greeneville has got them a painted up 13 gallon kitchen size trash can that I will be carrying over my head on the sidelines the entire game....this alone on most nights would guarantano us a win, but with the rain and wind we're expecting friday night things  could get pretty dormady for the tippers and Devils.

I hope the trash can is a joke.If not,brother that's your call.I've done a lot of stupid stuff myself,but that might up me one.Ha,can only imagine That one old Devil and his dad seeing that ! Probably laugh and say sfit fire son.

5 hours ago, tnreb said:

DB had good success running the ball against SH behind their big O lIne early but went away from that as they got behind.   Will Greeneville try and grind it out or will they throw the ball more and run the QB?

DB is a different beast when it comes to what's working and making changes.They could be 3-0 without a question,but dang lucky not to be 0-3.Greeneville has a whole different setup on offense.Who knows what will work .Maybe everything they try will or maybe nothing.One things for sure,they had better put up at least 5 touchdowns and maybe that many field goals to keep up.Could be wrong on that,this may be the game SH decides they need to have 6 or 8 turnovers and not score but two or three times.Either way,Greeneville will have to move the ball and get a bunch of first downs,keeping SH's offense on the sidelines as much as possible.

54 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

DB is a different beast when it comes to what's working and making changes.They could be 3-0 without a question,but dang lucky not to be 0-3.Greeneville has a whole different setup on offense.Who knows what will work .Maybe everything they try will or maybe nothing.One things for sure,they had better put up at least 5 touchdowns and maybe that many field goals to keep up.Could be wrong on that,this may be the game SH decides they need to have 6 or 8 turnovers and not score but two or three times.Either way,Greeneville will have to move the ball and get a bunch of first downs,keeping SH's offense on the sidelines as much as possible.

I think Greeneville has the offense to keep pace with SH. Ballard will be a challenge the SH defense has yet to see. We've played some good QB's so far but Ballard is a step up. Both teams have great QB's. Both teams have talented offensive weapons for the QB to get the ball to. This game comes down to defense. Whichever team's defense is able to get some big stops or force some turnovers will win.

20 minutes ago, WBNC83 said:

I think Greeneville has the offense to keep pace with SH. Ballard will be a challenge the SH defense has yet to see. We've played some good QB's so far but Ballard is a step up. Both teams have great QB's. Both teams have talented offensive weapons for the QB to get the ball to. This game comes down to defense. Whichever team's defense is able to get some big stops or force some turnovers will win.

I hope it's a great game and something both teams can take to build towards a nice playoff run.When this game is over,I wish those SH seniors all the best .I watched them against One of mine up through the 9th and knew back then they had a chance to be special and also knew DB most likely wasn't going to ever reach the potential their class had.Three years later,coach Carter has the Toppers on a roll and instead of being a state contender,DB is trying to have a winning season.It's not over yet,DB could still finish strong .SH has to keep getting better and continue to improve,this could be a very special year for the Toppers.I hope so, I always pull for the other locals to do well.