GreenEville @ Science Hill

DevilMan03

I really don't get why anyone would think Greeneville isn't going to put point on the board. The SH defense has shown through 3 games that they are vulnerable. They're good not great. SH's bread and butter is their offense. They are able to simply outscore their opponents. They haven't faced a defense yet that has come close to stopping them. I think Greeneville has both the offense to keep up with them and the defense to slow them down.

I do believe the competition SH has faced has been a lot better than what Greeneville has faced and will help the Toppers in this game.

Edited by WBNC83

37 minutes ago, WBNC83 said:

I really don't get why anyone would think Greeneville isn't going to put point on the board. The SH defense has shown through 3 games that they are vulnerable. They're good not great. SH's bread and butter is their offense. They are able to simply outscore their opponents. They haven't faced a defense yet that has come close to stopping them. I think Greeneville has both the offense to keep up with them and the defense to slow them down.

I do believe the competition SH has faced has been a lot better than what Greeneville has faced and will help the Toppers in this game.

They have both played DB .The easy part to this game is saying you have to stop either teams QB first.The hard part is can that team adjust if their QB is stopped.Id love to see Greeneville make a few breaks with some turnovers and have a game plan that none of us seen coming to offset SH's great athletes.I don't count anything out with  the coaching staff Of Greeneville.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DevilMan03 said:

I'll give the Coaching edge to the Devils. They've been in the big games and won them time after time again 

No question,I'd give the coaching edge over any team this side of Maryville to the Devils.The talent  at  Science Hill I'd have to put in the top 3 or 4 in east Tn just about every year right now. I don't know what has happened at Jeff county over the last several years,they were awesome back in the day .I'd put Greeneville in the top 3 or 4 every year for having some of the right down toughest players you will run up against.Makes for an interesting matchup Friday night.Go Devils !

Edited by BatmanDevil

2 hours ago, cowbellking said:

I've been keeping a close eye on SH this year. Since day one I thought they where the one team on Greeneville's schedule that could beat them. In my heart I'm pulling for the Devils but I do believe SH may get the win at home. 

SH 35

Devil's 28

I knew DB could also be a problem and I was right,that was a barn burner.Hey,that's why Greeneville put these big schools on the schedule.It wasn't for an easy game,that's for sure.Very smart move on Greeneville's part .It's about the gold ball,not who wins the most games during the regular season.I'd trade every 10-0 regular season that didn't end up as a state title ,for a 5-5 regular season  and 5-0 post season any and every time.

4 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I knew DB could also be a problem and I was right,that was a barn burner.Hey,that's why Greeneville put these big schools on the schedule.It wasn't for an easy game,that's for sure.Very smart move on Greeneville's part .It's about the gold ball,not who wins the most games during the regular season.I'd trade every 10-0 regular season that didn't end up as a state title ,for a 5-5 regular season  and 5-0 post season any and every time.

I couldn't agree more! Steel sharpens Steel. Tough regular season games get you ready for the playoff run. Good Luck vs DB.

There is no such thing as "luck"...... it all comes down to conditioning, execution, coaching, depth, and finally.....   well you know what, I guess there is an element of "luck" too.      But only as long as the aforementioned items are in place.       Well let's re-think that last statement.....    Did UT get "lucky" against GT the other day?