Mairvul crosses tha Creik two Alcoee

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, OldRebel2 said:

Correct about Patton.  He attended AMS while his dad was principal at the AHS.  It might be important to note that he lived in the City of Maryville the entire time.  When his dad went to HMS, Patton transferred to HMS and played QB at HMS.  He did not play football for AMS.   In basketball, he played biddy league during 6th grade at Maryville and at AMS during 7th grade.  It will be hard for Alcoa to claim this transfer.

Not what I remember............got anything to support that?

3 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Bart Hicks, Ronald Osborne, Zach Witt.......

I don't need to research the rest.  I was trying to initiate a genuine conversation.  You can come up with 3, maybe 4 players with RW's help.  All of them with the exception of Hicks which I'm not sure about, were Blount County kids originally.  Witt never could decide where to go ... he was at Fairview (county), Carpenters (county), Alcoa, then back to Blount.  You forgot Dalton Wheeler and the Cunningham kid who played a year or two at Blount, switched to Alcoa, and then back to William Blount.  You rally want to challenge my research on stuff pertaining to WB?  I'm not looking for an argument, I just like to stay factual.  

16 minutes ago, GovMan said:

I don't need to research the rest.  I was trying to initiate a genuine conversation.  You can come up with 3, maybe 4 players with RW's help.  All of them with the exception of Hicks which I'm not sure about, were Blount County kids originally.  Witt never could decide where to go ... he was at Fairview (county), Carpenters (county), Alcoa, then back to Blount.  You forgot Dalton Wheeler and the Cunningham kid who played a year or two at Blount, switched to Alcoa, and then back to William Blount.  You rally want to challenge my research on stuff pertaining to WB?  I'm not looking for an argument, I just like to stay factual.  

Regardless govman the kids came from Alcoa's SYSTEM to WB, either way..

11 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

That is the reason I never put stock into these 8th graders coming up. To many mature at an early age and peak out especially the one's that were held back a year. If my parents had held me back a year and robbed me of one of my productive working years as an adult to satisfy their ego I would have disowned them. No nineteen year old should ever be allowed on a playing field period and that garbage would stop in it's tracks. The day you hit that number should be the day you have to quit. 

Best post in the thread.  I remember going to the Alcoa vs Maryville Middle School game in 2001. Dustin Lindsey and Brandon Warren were men in that game.  Score was 45-0 halftime Alcoa. Maryville Middle had Ryan Tallent in that class.  I remember some of those kids in 8th grade that played on the line. They were short chunky guys. Fast forward 4 years later those guys are leaner and meaner. I could give a bunch of examples about Alcoa beating Maryville bad in middle only to see 4 years later it was way different in high school. An 8th grader that was 5'5 130lbs could turn out to be a 6'3 190lbs guy with way more athletic ability.