Mairvul crosses tha Creik two Alcoee

STARSNBARS

9 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Wow,that sets up a pretty  epic week next Friday with Alcoa at DB and Maryville playing Fulton.

If the Rebels and Tornadoes both win next week, the Rebels and DB will be tied for all time wins. I think it will be ironic that if will be Alcoa that can give this gift to the Rebels.....if the Rebels can win too.

20 minutes ago, OldRebel2 said:

If the Rebels and Tornadoes both win next week, the Rebels and DB will be tied for all time wins. I think it will be ironic that if will be Alcoa that can give this gift to the Rebels.....if the Rebels can win too.

That was exactly my point.These are some good matchups next week,either game will be earned and if it works out that way for Maryville,it will be something fans can talk about for years to come.

On 9/14/2017 at 7:09 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

That is the reason I never put stock into these 8th graders coming up. To many mature at an early age and peak out especially the one's that were held back a year. If my parents had held me back a year and robbed me of one of my productive working years as an adult to satisfy their ego I would have disowned them. No nineteen year old should ever be allowed on a playing field period and that garbage would stop in it's tracks. The day you hit that number should be the day you have to quit. 

Got to be socially ready. It's important 

19 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Coach Hunt will do a fine job with the Rebel Offense. 

But long before GQ left, Maryville's defense has not been close to years past. Defense wins championships. Maryville's championship level defense has been missing for the last three seasons.

The blood's in water....and the Goons are circling....ha!:hungry:

Defense wasn't Maryville's problem in 2015 and 2016. Ravenwood in 2015 and Oakland last season beat Maryville because their Dline destroyed Maryville on the Oline.  Noseguard on Ravenwood team killed Maryville.  99 and 31 for Oakland totally killed Maryville Oline. This years defense isn't near as good. A lot of it is youth. A lot of it is no big Difference Maker. No TD Blackmon or Dylan Jackson on defense this year.

52 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

Defense wasn't Maryville's problem in 2015 and 2016. Ravenwood in 2015 and Oakland last season beat Maryville because their Dline destroyed Maryville on the Oline.  Noseguard on Ravenwood team killed Maryville.  99 and 31 for Oakland totally killed Maryville Oline. This years defense isn't near as good. A lot of it is youth. A lot of it is no big Difference Maker. No TD Blackmon or Dylan Jackson on defense this year.

Not yet.

2 hours ago, pepvol said:

I know I should just shut up but that's never stopped me before !! lol , the Maryville defense in Question that looked so shaky in the first half against Alcoa DID SHUT OUT Alcoa in the second half 

Alcoa continued to move the ball. The fumble at the goal was a long sustained drive in the 4th qtr. Alcoa had the momentum til the fumble. one yard and it's a different ballgame !!!......sigh.

Maryville got so lucky in this game. Alcoa had a chance to go up 10 late in the game, but fumbled on the goalline. Otherwise, that game would have been a loss.

Maryville cant keep counting on luck like that. Oh wait, they have been lucky for years, but it is about to run out.

Edited by TheGuvna

7 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

Maryville got tough and made a play, instead of making an excuse in this game. Alcoa had a chance to go up 10 late in the game, but was stripped on the goalline after being coached to strip a runner from behind. Otherwise, that game would have been a loss.

Maryville can keep counting on making plays like that and that great 80 yd run afterwards which was very well blocked. Because my Govs have been unlucky for years, but it is about changeThe 13 game losing streak is about to end.

:popcorneater::thumb: