Tornadoes travel to TCA

fallguy17

The Tornadoes have a troubling trend starting...In the three biggest games we have played this season we have started slow...We were able to fight back in the wins on the road at Peabody and T.C.A...As the season goes on and moves into the playoffs you can't depend on that...We have to get off to better starts...Our defense has to get better... We seem to take poor angles and don't contain on the edges...Our tackling is suspect at best which goes back to last season...Tackling in space especially...The Horton kid is impressive...Being a senior, he is really good at being patient but explosive when he has to...He was killing us in the first half before he tweaked his ankle right before half... We got work to do before we start thinking about a return to Cookeville...We also have to clean up those penalties...Hope all the kids that were banged up last night heal up quick...Good luck the rest of the year...On to prep for Gibson County...GO TORNADOES !!!

P&G, I agree with just about everything you said. We need to shore up our tackling on defense and we have to get started sooner.  We can't keep fighting back into big games.  Without the two turnovers in the first half last night we would have been in a deep hole we probably would not have climbed out of.  Having said that,  I will also echo one of Atlas' classic quotes "Your best defense is when your offense has the ball". Very true and spot on.  However, sooner or later, the chips are gonna fall and we are gonna need a solid defense to get a win for us. We are very dominating on offense and can battle with the best in 2A.  The test will come when the turnovers don't go in our favor. Our previous championship teams had a great defense to match our gut busting offense. We have work to do. 

2 hours ago, BigSwo said:

P&G, I agree with just about everything you said. We need to shore up our tackling on defense and we have to get started sooner.  We can't keep fighting back into big games.  Without the two turnovers in the first half last night we would have been in a deep hole we probably would not have climbed out of.  Having said that,  I will also echo one of Atlas' classic quotes "Your best defense is when your offense has the ball". Very true and spot on.  However, sooner or later, the chips are gonna fall and we are gonna need a solid defense to get a win for us. We are very dominating on offense and can battle with the best in 2A.  The test will come when the turnovers don't go in our favor. Our previous championship teams had a great defense to match our gut busting offense. We have work to do. 

I'll say this, our offensive line absolutely dominated...Hurt T.C.A. linemen or not...One play on the goal line we had a guy continue a block almost out if the end zone...It has to be demoralizing as a defense to know exactly what the play is going to be and not be able to stop it...Had we not had that QB keep that lost 4-5 yards on the opening drive of the second half I have no doubt we would have scored there...T.C.A said we will stop your outside game and give you the inside stuff...For the most part they shut that down...Jones just ate them up in the interior...How many times did he carry the ball ?...Had to be up close to 45 times...I've always said if we would throw the ball 5-8 times a game defenses could not stop one phase of the offense...You don't even have to throw down field...They ought to do it for no other reason than to have it on film and make teams waste practice time preparing for it...

16 hours ago, ucdiditagain said:

Union City  "Ground and Pound" game NO MATCH for TCA, at ALL.  Jones for Union City   close to 318  yards on the ground and Union City over 500 yards total offense.  TCA Defense no match for U C.  U C spotted TCA a easy 14 points before playing their game.  Union City does play well coming from behind.  TCA is very classless also....1 unsportsman like penalty, one targeting play called before 1 st half over and a facemask pulling helment off Jones.  You need to learn how to loose with class TCA.  The game is out of hand now, I'm heading to the car to head home, 50 - 24....lol.  NEXT!!!!!!

You must be related to PeabodyPride.  The targeting call was a judgment call and could have gone either way.  Nothing classless about that at all.  The helmet being ripped off was a result of players trying to strip the ball.  No one was hurt on either of those plays and there was no intent.  The unsportsmanlike conduct call....i do not know what happened so I will give you that one.  That was most likely a frustration issue but still no place for it.  Now, let's talk about #28 for UC hitting #56 for TCA in the head with his hand(fist) after he was getting blocked and gave the TCA kid a head injury.  Kid was out for the game.  Would you like a copy of the video?  How about that being classless?  Well, we all know that happens in games and no one on our side really said much about it and we would not have said anything about it on here until you spouted off and pointed out some of our transgressions.  So, I think it was pretty even from that standpoint.  Overall, it was a very well played game and respect was given on both sides and sportsmanship was great on both sides.  UC, in my opinion, played with great class and I think TCA did as well.  No team is going to be perfect in the heat of the moment.  We were talking in the stands how UC basically would run a play down your throat and then help you up afterwards.  No reason to get on here and make those accusations.  We know we were beaten by the better team last night and we never bragged how we were going to beat UC.  I will say that TCA would not be scared to play UC again.  It would be another great game.  

Edited by TCAIntense

9 minutes ago, Purple & Gold Standard said:

We can go back and forth but UC has a solid reputation as being a clean playing team...And we didn't have a player suspended for two games for unsportsmanlike conduct...Let's not leave that little caveat out if we are talking about this subject...

OMG!  You have got to be kidding me.  First of all, nobody was suspended for two games.  It was one game.  Secondly, would you like that video?  Kid from Mckenzie had our kid by the throat and he was chopping down trying to knock his hand off.  Official deemed that as a punch.  This is a kid who has NEVER been in trouble at school, has a 4.0 GPA and leads worship in three different venues.  He has never even gotten an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in four years.  The play by #26 last night could easily have been argued as a worse offense but that's just part of the game.  You guys are reaching!  We would have never brought up the blow to the head because UC played the rest of the game very clean and classy.  It was a heat of the moment issue and we understand.  I'm glad you FINALLY beat TCA!  Good for you.  You are now 1-3! 

Edited by TCAIntense

8 minutes ago, TCAIntense said:

OMG!  You have got to be kidding me.  First of all, nobody was suspended for two games.  It was one game.  Secondly, would you like that video?  Kid from Mckenzie had our kid by the throat and he was chopping down trying to knock his hand off.  Official deemed that as a punch.  This is a kid who has NEVER been in trouble at school, has a 4.0 GPA and leads worship in three different venues.  He has never even gotten an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in four years.  The play by #26 last night could easily have been argued as a worse offense but that's just part of the game.  You guys are reaching!  We would have never brought up the blow to the head because UC played the rest of the game very clean and classy.  It was a heat of the moment issue and we understand.  I'm glad you FINALLY beat TCA!  Good for you.  You are now 1-3! 

I wasn't there, and don't have a dog in the race...I can vouch for the character of the program at TCA however. Scotts Hill and TCA have a long rivalry, as long as TCA has been in TSSAA...there have been plenty of lopsided contests in all sports, as well as plenty of nail biters with a lot on the line too. I have never witnessed one of the kids representing the Lions act in an unacceptable manor. There have been a few (very few) lost tempers, but restraint has not ever been lost, and I highly doubt that "bad" behavior would be tolerated by the administration and/or coaches. Kids without that competitive fire aren't what make athletics a passion of mine, and you have to allow for that fire to burn hot now and again, even for great kids. 

56 minutes ago, TCAIntense said:

You must be related to PeabodyPride.  The targeting call was a judgment call and could have gone either way.  Nothing classless about that at all.  The helmet being ripped off was a result of players trying to strip the ball.  No one was hurt on either of those plays and there was no intent.  The unsportsmanlike conduct call....i do not know what happened so I will give you that one.  That was most likely a frustration issue but still no place for it.  Now, let's talk about #28 for UC hitting #56 for TCA in the head with his hand(fist) after he was getting blocked and gave the TCA kid a head injury.  Kid was out for the game.  Would you like a copy of the video?  How about that being classless?  Well, we all know that happens in games and no one on our side really said much about it and we would not have said anything about it on here until you spouted off and pointed out some of our transgressions.  So, I think it was pretty even from that standpoint.  Overall, it was a very well played game and respect was given on both sides and sportsmanship was great on both sides.  UC, in my opinion, played with great class and I think TCA did as well.  No team is going to be perfect in the heat of the moment.  We were talking in the stands how UC basically would run a play down your throat and then help you up afterwards.  No reason to get on here and make those accusations.  We know we were beaten by the better team last night and we never bragged how we were going to beat UC.  I will say that TCA would not be scared to play UC again.  It would be another great game.  

Actually tcaintenseexcueses I am originally from U.C. but thanks for keeping my name in your mouth and thoughts!I can't wait till y'all bring your vests to Walter Kilzer!!We're health for.the first time this year so we are gonna beat ya 35 to 17!ROLL TIDE

12 minutes ago, Purple & Gold Standard said:

You know, I'm not questioning T.C.A's integrity ... What difference does it make if it's one or two ?...The TV guys said two...Take it up with them...Good luck the rest of the way...You'll need it with Peabody still left on the schedule...

Thanks for the well wishes. Good luck to you guys as well. Your going to need it with Adamsville.