Cookeville Cavs host an Angry Blackman

Blaze45

2 hours ago, THE SQUAD said:

I'm proud tonight. CAVS learned from the Riverdale game. When you have em down don't let em back up, and we didn't. Got Oaktown coming in here next week. No matter the outcome the Patriots will know they've been in a battle. 

No doubt. I think it will turn out to be much like the 2015 game, where Oakland scored late to put a close game out of reach. Offense not nearly as explosive as last yr

On 10/2/2017 at 6:48 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

As long as Cookville does not have its 'home cooking' refs, Blackman should be able to get the second string in for some playing time before the playoffs.

Looks like Cookeville was the one with the second stringers in there. Guess they need some playing time before the playoffs instead of Blackmon. 

Great win Cookeville...but still be careful,,a  2-8 Siegel shut Cookeville out last year...the stars start fast. They just don't finish .stars are playing  spoilers mode. If Cookeville loose to Oakland and Blackman best riverdale and Cookeville loose to Siegel..

Now guess who's in the playoff Siegel  and no one would have saw this strategy coming

So to the expert post all playoffs strategies If

If Blackman lose to riverdale and Siegel beats Cookeville,  I'm assuming Blackman is eliminated.

Dam Master Teague ,,,, we are missing you. Can you play injured..please

11 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

No doubt. I think it will turn out to be much like the 2015 game, where Oakland scored late to put a close game out of reach. Offense not nearly as explosive as last yr

Last year’s Oakland team was averaging just over 49 points at this point in the season. This year’s squad is averaging just over 42 points. Minus the 17 point game against Maryville, I’m not sure the ‘not nearly as explosive’ comment is on point. Last year, they had several defensive and special teams TDs as well that they haven’t had this year. IMO, last year’s defense was a little stingier. Not so sure the offense was more explosive, by the numbers. 

30 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

Last year’s Oakland team was averaging just over 49 points at this point in the season. This year’s squad is averaging just over 42 points. Minus the 17 point game against Maryville, I’m not sure the ‘not nearly as explosive’ comment is on point. Last year, they had several defensive and special teams TDs as well that they haven’t had this year. IMO, last year’s defense was a little stingier. Not so sure the offense was more explosive, by the numbers. 

Oakland had a great 1-2 punch at receiver last year and could truly score at any point. Oakland has an offense that grinds it out more this year with a steady dose of Jeron Rooks. Defense may not have scored much, but theyve created alot of short fields for the offense this season

Numbers may not say it, but in my personal opinion (been watching Oakland football since the not so good early 90s) this offense isn't as good or explosive