Crockett football team not allowed to practice, Coach Sensabaugh under fire

blazer1set

2 hours ago, formerblazer said:

Latest just in is all the Crockett players confirmed with WCYB that they will play.

GS on Facebook just gave up on his "fight" but said "Well, I had a friend willing to donate 300k to the program, but I guess not now."

Yeah and I'm a space shuttle pilot. LOL What happened is the kids and parents found out that he was completely lying about the school board reinstating him and his conversations with them. Give one to the school board, they crushed his nuts on this one. Now he is trying to save face and say that he is encouraging the kids to play and he's getting a friend to donate money. Why can't he donate money, since he started all of this!? The way I see it, I hope he has solid proof of criminal misconduct (Drugs) and taking money by a certain administrators, because if he don't he might just be giving money up anyway! I'm glad that the kids are playing. That is where they should be, on the field not in a parking lot taking up for a grown man! Please someone give him a good reference for a job at the other end of the state or out of state to get him away from Washington Co. Now lets enjoy this game tonight win or loose football will be played.

36 minutes ago, Bucsback said:

Yeah and I'm a space shuttle pilot. LOL What happened is the kids and parents found out that he was completely lying about the school board reinstating him and his conversations with them. Give one to the school board, they crushed his nuts on this one. Now he is trying to save face and say that he is encouraging the kids to play and he's getting a friend to donate money. Why can't he donate money, since he started all of this!? The way I see it, I hope he has solid proof of criminal misconduct (Drugs) and taking money by a certain administrators, because if he don't he might just be giving money up anyway! I'm glad that the kids are playing. That is where they should be, on the field not in a parking lot taking up for a grown man! Please someone give him a good reference for a job at the other end of the state or out of state to get him away from Washington Co. Now lets enjoy this game tonight win or loose football will be played.

From what I have been able to gather, it seems like he came out last night after the Student Section, School Fan Base, Community Meeting they had yesterday at 2 and asked the kids to play but for the fans to sit in the parking lot in lawn chairs.  At the meeting, everyone agreed to go to the game and support the players inside the stadium.

This morning, he posted all that crap about 300k (Oh sure, I bet, I have a friend who is going to fun 1 million to buy Boone that turf stadium) and then a sob story about the community.  He is so completely full of crap, but there are a lot of idiots in this area who are supporting him because they grew up hating school, hating their community, and they want to latch on to the first thing they think is vocal against it.  Yeah, we need some changes in Washington County, but complaining about a problem, causing tons of drama where it actually wasn't needed, and causing a school and community to be divided was not the way for this to happen.  He could be sitting in the clear if he would shut his mouth and just looked better than everyone else through his leadership, but no, he came in, called everyone crap, and the people loved it.  This is why we have a lot of people in our area that are stupid.  The changes, whatever the heck he actually wanted, can only come through dollars.  Taking away from the school money and band money will not make the school function, so those funds are taken away from somewhere else.  Less in classroom change with whatever resources they were asking for.  The county commission is the one to go after, not the school board.  The school board and system are funded by the commission.  I'm sure there is unneeded fat in the system, but it isn't so much that we can magically afford a new school, new field houses, state of the art facilities....etc.

Josh Edens should have been given the job 4 years ago.

Josh Edens might be a nice pick if he wants it.

I don't know of any coach alive who'd want to wade into this dumpster fire now, though.  Even with GS gone, a huge part of the community will resent the new guy just for not being GS.  He's stirred up a lot of bad blood in that community.

I can see a bunch of the athletes at Crockett transferring out after this year.  If Crockett goes 2-8 next year with the drop in talent and support, the next coach will be "under fire," too.

Edited by BlueDevil58

6 hours ago, formerblazer said:

Latest just in is all the Crockett players confirmed with WCYB that they will play.

GS on Facebook just gave up on his "fight" but said "Well, I had a friend willing to donate 300k to the program, but I guess not now."

He's not done fighting yet.

He just posted on Facebook to tell people not to go to the game because they parked busses to block the field from people who wanted to watch it from the parking lot for free.

"Got a text from one of my players: 

They have school busses parked I front of the fence so glee can’t watch from the. Parking lot

They have to be kidding me. All they want is that $ for the game. Please don’t give them any of your $. The corrupt system is really showing their true colors."

Yeah... the school system doesn't want people loitering in a dark parking lot to watch the games for free.  Imagine that.

I've never seen someone so desperate for drama and attention in my life, even as it comes at the expense of the kids he claims to be fighting for.

Edited by BlueDevil58

1 hour ago, BlueDevil58 said:

He's not done fighting yet.

He just posted on Facebook to tell people not to go to the game because they parked busses to block the field from people who wanted to watch it from the parking lot for free.

"Got a text from one of my players: 

They have school busses parked I front of the fence so glee can’t watch from the. Parking lot

They have to be kidding me. All they want is that $ for the game. Please don’t give them any of your $. The corrupt system is really showing their true colors."

Yeah... the school system doesn't want people loitering in a dark parking lot to watch the games for free.  Imagine that.

I've never seen someone so desperate for drama and attention in my life, even as it comes at the expense of the kids he claims to be fighting for.

I think he has had so many player contacts he can’t help but get fired simply for that.

2 hours ago, BlueDevil58 said:

Josh Edens might be a nice pick if he wants it.

I don't know of any coach alive who'd want to wade into this dumpster fire now, though.  Even with GS gone, a huge part of the community will resent the new guy just for not being GS.  He's stirred up a lot of bad blood in that community.

I can see a bunch of the athletes at Crockett transferring out after this year.  If Crockett goes 2-8 next year with the drop in talent and support, the next coach will be "under fire," too.

Transfer to where? They have to pay tuition to go to another school and they can’t go to Boone because their address says they have to go to Crockett.  If the kids have money for tuition, sure.

next coach won’t be under fire if he is not causing drama and working to improve the football team

28 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

Transfer to where? They have to pay tuition to go to another school and they can’t go to Boone because their address says they have to go to Crockett.  If the kids have money for tuition, sure.

next coach won’t be under fire if he is not causing drama and working to improve the football team

If they can't afford tuition, they could transfer to Boone fairly easily.  They may be zoned for Crockett, but my friends tell me it's not a big deal for kids in that system to go to schools they're not zoned for.

Standout athletes who want to go to a city school system usually don't need to worry much about tuition, anyway.   That has a funny way of getting sorted out for them, especially in places like Greenville and Dobyns-Bennett, and after all this I'm betting a lot of parents would be willing to pay tuition to send their kids elsewhere.  When parents think their kid is a future scholarship athlete, they'll find a way to get them into bigger and better programs for "exposure."

As for star athletes quitting, it's been reported that the Kollie kids didn't practice all week and may have quit.  Austin Lewis is graduating.  Larkins is about the only one of their real studs who looks to be coming back, and you have to wonder if he won't transfer elsewhere next year.

The next coach will be under fire from outsiders wanting to keep the drama going.  They'll probably give it to Qualls if he wants to stick around after this.

2 hours ago, formerblazer said:

Idk what happened but wcyb is reporting parents were wanting to fight the Crockett coaches after the game.  This is ridiculous 

I heard the same. Also heard a couple of their best players did not suit up tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if those players end up transferring.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, formerblazer said:

Idk what happened but wcyb is reporting parents were wanting to fight the Crockett coaches after the game.  This is ridiculous 

GS put something on Facebook this morning calling his assistant coaches a bunch of backstabbers and said they went off on the "activists and protesters" on the team in the postgame speech, blaming them for the loss.  That didn't sit well.