Crockett football team not allowed to practice, Coach Sensabaugh under fire

blazer1set

This thing gets crazier by the day. I can't figure out who is wrong. I guess both sides. And the kids stuck in the middle. Knowing the corruption in Washington Co. its hard to side with them. I don't know if there was a right way to expose it. I'm pretty sure it will be back to business as usual when all this blows over. It's pretty laughable that they hired a "independent" lawyer to "investigate" the accusations. No way do they hire a lawyer that's not going to see things their way. They "fixed" that portion of this thing.

Hate it for the DCHS community. I would like to know why GS waited until he did to start his activism. Could it have been that he was 5-2 and knew the next 3 games were games they probably were not going to win? I mean, let's be real, what's the combined record of the opponents they defeated? Who did they beat with a wining record? I think his whole antics were a diversion so that he could have an excuse as to why they ended up 5-5. Now and forever more he can say he was 5-2 and 0-3 without him

Please do not confuse his tactic for caring, the care was one sided the whole time. Self promotion for his next career stop. Unfortunately for him it back fired. His only saving grace was he attacked a school system that has along track record of shadey deals and questionable ethics. That's why at first so many believed him. Or at least wanted to belive him. Now, it's a nuclear winter and no one wins and the fallout will take years to recover from.   

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

This thing gets crazier by the day. I can't figure out who is wrong. I guess both sides. And the kids stuck in the middle. Knowing the corruption in Washington Co. its hard to side with them. I don't know if there was a right way to expose it. I'm pretty sure it will be back to business as usual when all this blows over. It's pretty laughable that they hired a "independent" lawyer to "investigate" the accusations. No way do they hire a lawyer that's not going to see things their way. They "fixed" that portion of this thing.

I think the last time Washington County did this, they hired someone out of Knoxville.  If the person has connections, I'm pretty sure GS and social media will blast it out there pretty quick.

The way I see it, there was some things going on in Washington County, but the things that GS was exposing wasn't really the dirty things that meant anything at all.  I would have thought family members all over the county, people being moved around the county when they needed to be fired, vendettas and getting fired even though evaluations were good, a Central Office that has too many people... that stuff.  All we have from GS is a money was missing, AD offered me drugs, a gun was at school... 2 of those he didn't even tell until  he was told "Hey stop cussing."

They teach you to take pretty good notes when stuff like this is going on.  I've seen two discipline letters released about GS, and it seems that ever since there were complaints about his language and attitude towards coworkers, that's when issues started happening after he started blasting the county.  The "for the children" line that he is complaining about has BC being built right now and they were trying to get plans to start building a new Jonesborough next year... but it seems like everyone has forgotten that.

Don't know about the backstabbing coaches part.  People need jobs, it's not like we are sitting on money out here in the teaching world.  Some "yes sir" people do just that because they want to keep their job, just like anyone else.
Everyone is to blame it seems like.  I'd love to know what was said post game to the team.  If it was "you lost the game because you weren't prepared and you protested, didn't come to practice, and had your mind elsewhere" then I don't see what there is to get mad about when it is the truth.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DCHS said:

Hate it for the DCHS community. I would like to know why GS waited until he did to start his activism. Could it have been that he was 5-2 and knew the next 3 games were games they probably were not going to win? I mean, let's be real, what's the combined record of the opponents they defeated? Who did they beat with a wining record? I think his whole antics were a diversion so that he could have an excuse as to why they ended up 5-5. Now and forever more he can say he was 5-2 and 0-3 without him

Please do not confuse his tactic for caring, the care was one sided the whole time. Self promotion for his next career stop. Unfortunately for him it back fired. His only saving grace was he attacked a school system that has along track record of shadey deals and questionable ethics. That's why at first so many believed him. Or at least wanted to belive him. Now, it's a nuclear winter and no one wins and the fallout will take years to recover from.   

Kind of hard when he is sitting back, blasting his kids, blasting his parents, and blasting coaches who just need a job on social media.  Must be nice to be an entitled spoiled jerk.

And now folks now know why 'Old' me refuses to even get on Facebook or even learn how to text.  If I have something to say I will say it to your face.  Less confusion on both sides that way.

Folks, I hate to say it but there is 'something' going on up y'alls way, and it needs to be stopped right now because the so called adults are only hurting the kids the way it is now.  I do NOT know who is lying up there, but somebody is.  Maybe BOTH sides.  CYA is not solely a military thing.

On 10/13/2017 at 5:01 PM, BlueDevil58 said:

If they can't afford tuition, they could transfer to Boone fairly easily.  They may be zoned for Crockett, but my friends tell me it's not a big deal for kids in that system to go to schools they're not zoned for.

Standout athletes who want to go to a city school system usually don't need to worry much about tuition, anyway.   That has a funny way of getting sorted out for them, especially in places like Greenville and Dobyns-Bennett, and after all this I'm betting a lot of parents would be willing to pay tuition to send their kids elsewhere.  When parents think their kid is a future scholarship athlete, they'll find a way to get them into bigger and better programs for "exposure."

As for star athletes quitting, it's been reported that the Kollie kids didn't practice all week and may have quit.  Austin Lewis is graduating.  Larkins is about the only one of their real studs who looks to be coming back, and you have to wonder if he won't transfer elsewhere next year.

The next coach will be under fire from outsiders wanting to keep the drama going.  They'll probably give it to Qualls if he wants to stick around after this.

Looks like Lewis might be the first one trying to transfer. I heard at Church that evidently there was an adult that threw a helmet at Qualls then tried to pick a fight with Lewis. Said he was trying to get TSSAA to grant him a hardship waiver to play football for the remainder of the season. But definitely wants to play basketball where ever he goes.  I hope he stays at Crockett, that kid has brought a lot of good attention to Crockett over the past few years. Just feel bad about the whole situation. 

5 minutes ago, Bucsback said:

Looks like Lewis might be the first one trying to transfer. I heard at Church that evidently there was an adult that threw a helmet at Qualls then tried to pick a fight with Lewis. Said he was trying to get TSSAA to grant him a hardship waiver to play football for the remainder of the season. But definitely wants to play basketball where ever he goes.  I hope he stays at Crockett, that kid has brought a lot of good attention to Crockett over the past few years. Just feel bad about the whole situation. 

Even if he does get a hardship waiver doesn’t the head ball coach have to sign off as well?

10 minutes ago, WBNC83 said:

Isn't Lewis a senior? What would be the point of him transferring now?

That is what I was thinking. Evidently the parents from the GS side are making things tough on him and there is some safety concerns. That is exactly why I hope he stays just to be a thorn. I'm meeting with his uncle tomorrow for breakfast and I'll get the whole scoop.

21 minutes ago, Bucsback said:

This thing about the hardship waiver sounds like a BS rumor someone's started.

I believe the part about the crazy adult flipping out, though.  There's been a lot of venom from adults directed at the kids who wanted to play, and at Lewis in particular because his dad was mentioned as one of the people who complained to administration about GS.  It's absolutely disgusting and insane that the kids are being subjected to this kind of abuse.

There are 2 weeks left in the season.  Transferring now could actually screw up his scholarship, since recruiters aren't always that good at keeping up with such things and could lose track of him or see it as a red flag.  Years ago, the Lindholm kid at Volunteer cost himself a bunch of offers to some good programs by transferring to Twin Springs a week before the season started to play football and basketball there.  He never went to college and wound up prison.