Crockett football team not allowed to practice, Coach Sensabaugh under fire

blazer1set

21 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

What does GS teach?

Nothing.

He likes to brag on Facebook about how not being a teacher makes him better than "yes men" teachers who wouldn't stand with him in his crusade to run the school system and get them to magically print money.

Seriously, he made tens of millions of dollars in his NFL career.  He's set for life.  All he does now is coach, fish, and cause a lot of drama via his thousands of followers on social media.

44 minutes ago, Bucsback said:

First of all, he is a non-tenured teacher and that is all they can rule on, for hiring and firing. The Super has all the power in this. Second, it will take more than 24 hours to make announcements for the meeting or it is a violation of the sunshine law. 5 business days is the least they could hold a public meeting. 

This is just another tactic to scare the kids into not playing football! Ridiculous!

That makes sense, but it wouldn't be the first time the board has overruled her on hiring and firing issues due to public outcry.

2 minutes ago, BlueDevil58 said:

Nothing.

He likes to brag on Facebook about how not being a teacher makes him better than "yes men" teachers who wouldn't stand with him in his crusade to run the school system and get them to magically print money.

Seriously, he made tens of millions of dollars in his NFL career.  He's set for life.  All he does now is coach, fish, and cause a lot of drama via his thousands of followers on social media.

I thought per TSSAA rules a HC had to be an educator or in Admin?

7 minutes ago, BlueDevil58 said:

Nothing.

If you ran like your mouth you'd be in good shape.

Article I, Section 9 (Coaches) – p. 11
This change removes the requirement that classified employees and non-faculty coaches must have five (5) or more years of experience and meet all educational requirements before serving as a head coach in football, baseball, softball, basketball, and track and field. They still must be submitted to the state office properly and complete the NFHS Coaches Education courses prior to coaching. 

COACHES

Section 9. All coaches must be registered with TSSAA annually and will fall under one of the following categories:
1. Full-time certified teacher (a minimum of 100 school days) of a board of education with a Tennessee teaching license or the equivalent.
2. Retired educator (five or more years' experience) with a valid Tennessee state teaching license or the equivalent.
3. Non-faculty coach – Anyone approved by the principal, superintendent, and/or local board of education in the normal course of employment procedures in accordance with applicable state law.
4. Classified Employee – Any individual employed by a member school or school system in a position that does not require a teaching license or the equivalent. A Classified Employee must be employed 30 hours or more per week in a non-coaching position and may not be an independent contractor or an employee of an independent contractor. 

Maybe this is old news....  there are now 3 Crockett employees on leave

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Education/2017/10/11/Three-Crockett-employees-on-leave-accusation-keep-coming.html?ci=stream&lp=1&p

DAVID CROCKETT HIGH SCHOOL 

Three Crockett employees on leave, accusation keep coming

NATHAN BAKER • UPDATED OCT 11, 2017 AT 11:24 PM

With multiple employees on administrative leave and accusations still flying, Washington County Schools will hire an independent attorney to sort out a mess in the athletics department at David Crockett High School........

Last night on WCYB live GS was all smiles and said he "had the vote" of the school board to be reinstated, and all they were waiting on was for the board chairman to call a meeting so the vote could be held.  The reporter asked when he expected that to happen, and he said he wasn't sure, but maybe in a few hours, or in the morning.  This morning the board chair says he knows nothing about any meeting being called and that they're waiting on the outcome of the investigation.

And I'm still laughing about this quote from his FB page in the article blazer1 linked above:

Somebody better start agreeing to this positive change I'm trying to bring to this community or this recording will be all over the place,” he continued, mentioning a recording he made of the meeting. “These kids deserve better!!!!!!”

That's some hilarious blackmail right there!  If somebody doesn't agree to do what I say to do for these kids I'm gonna hurt somebody! Lol.

8 minutes ago, Tribal said:

Last night on WCYB live GS was all smiles and said he "had the vote" of the school board to be reinstated, and all they were waiting on was for the board chairman to call a meeting so the vote could be held.  The reporter asked when he expected that to happen, and he said he wasn't sure, but maybe in a few hours, or in the morning.  This morning the board chair says he knows nothing about any meeting being called and that they're waiting on the outcome of the investigation.

And I'm still laughing about this quote from his FB page in the article blazer1 linked above:

That's some hilarious blackmail right there!  If somebody doesn't agree to do what I say to do for these kids I'm gonna hurt somebody! Lol.

Tennessee has a Sunshine law, which means for public meetings you have to give 5 business days before you can do anything.  The next Board Meeting was already on the 19th, so it will be brought up in a week.  Everyone started saying oh this will take  30 min etc etc etc.   Not true.  They can't do it.  I'm surprised the board can vote on anything that is still a pending investigation from a 3rd party attorney.  GS even agreed to that.

Anyways as for the "Positive Changes" I have seen GS mention, I think the people supporting him on the changes he wants should be informed.  The school board will absolutely love to be given more money to be spread around the county.  They aren't in charge of getting more money, that is up to the county commission.  If they want a new Jonesborough Elementary, no prisoners free labor, brand new state of the art facilities, classrooms and schools that are equal to Johnson City, then everyone should just go ahead and say yes they want their taxes raised.  That's the only way that this will happen.  What will surprise people even more is that about 43% of the taxes increased that are allocated specifically for education will go to Johnson City, giving them even more money.  Sullivan County is the same way, so are all the counties that aren't a metro county.  The upgrades that he wants can't even be answered by the WCBoE, so he might as well be yelling into the sky because the county commission is the one that can vote for more funds more taxes.... but apparently a lot of people don't know how a school system operates.

• Like 2