Peabody host TCA

JungleJim125

I agree that the other two or 3 players would have made a difference in the game but 61 points was scored by Trenton.  With that being said, I believe Peabody wins 48 to 35.  We were the better team up front and on defense.  We spread the ball around and that makes us very dangerous.  Good luck to the Lions but I believe we may have seen the best team in the district tonight.  It depends on which Peabody team shows up

13 minutes ago, allgoodlf said:

I agree that the other two or 3 players would have made a difference in the game but 61 points was scored by Trenton.  With that being said, I believe Peabody wins 48 to 35.  We were the better team up front and on defense.  We spread the ball around and that makes us very dangerous.  Good luck to the Lions but I believe we may have seen the best team in the district tonight.  It depends on which Peabody team shows up

Only thing I will add is this week the whole team dealt with issues and they were emotionally not there. There was no fire. Yes the players were missed but you did not even see any emotion from the other boys who are usually ready for a fight. So getting whipped up front was not a true test with what walked out on that field. Maybe they can regroup and try to get some fire back. By the way the boys that were out are gone for the year. That weighs heavy on boys who have been together for years. 

8 hours ago, allgoodlf said:

First of all, Trenton is a great team and typical Trenton.......fast, quick and good on the interior line.  Hard to believe they could be sitting home in two weeks.  Adamsville better look out though.  I’ve seen both teams and I think Peabody is better but Aville will definitely match up with them really well.

Second, there is a lot more going on with TCA football than the players that were missing.  No doubt it would have been a very competitive game with them(I believe TP would have still won by 2 TD’s the way they played last night) but our boys were lifeless.  I really truly don’t know if we could have beaten Halls or Gibson County last night.  Really sad for the boys.  My son graduated two years ago but I still love these coaches and the players so I still follow and support them.   What a lot of coacht posters don’t realize is that it’s tough for a coach at a private Christian school with only 230 students.  Very difficult to get kids to play and when you only field a roster of 25, an injury or discipline issue can kill you.  We’ve had some incredible years the last 10 years but those were the exception.  We really have no business playing 2A division 1.  We should be DII A playing teams that look like us.  We have one of the best coaches in the state but he is limited in the situation he is in being DI.  For those of you across the state that doesn’t know him he comes from great stock.  His dad is the D coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers.  Coach Butler was an all conf lineman for the University of Memphis.  He has a passion for the game and the boys.  I hope we can regroup and pull out a win against a really good Lake County team.  

Once again, congrats to Peabody.  Fine team and very clean game.  Peabodypride, very nice meeting you and talking with you.

8 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Only thing I will add is this week the whole team dealt with issues and they were emotionally not there. There was no fire. Yes the players were missed but you did not even see any emotion from the other boys who are usually ready for a fight. So getting whipped up front was not a true test with what walked out on that field. Maybe they can regroup and try to get some fire back. By the way the boys that were out are gone for the year. That weighs heavy on boys who have been together for years. 

The emotion on the field was polar opposite!The Tide learned last week this isn't 1A ,your not playing Greenfield ,so they were pumped for redemption!On the other hand I ask you as friends and parents and some of us former players imagine this!The friend you've played next to since the beginning of your formative years will never walk on the field of battle in your school colors by your side again!!!!!Trinity has all of this fellas respect!I don't know that I coulda stepped on the field last night,had I been a 16 to 17 year old Lion!Yet almost no penalties,no hung low heads,and they battled to the end!!!I say this time the score didn't matter to me,I was just happy to see true Men in Purple have pride and show Grace in the toughest of situations!!!!!

15 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

The emotion on the field was polar opposite!The Tide learned last week this isn't 1A ,your not playing Greenfield ,so they were pumped for redemption!On the other hand I ask you as friends and parents and some of us former players imagine this!The friend you've played next to since the beginning of your formative years will never walk on the field of battle in your school colors by your side again!!!!!Trinity has all of this fellas respect!I don't know that I coulda stepped on the field last night,had I been a 16 to 17 year old Lion!Yet almost no penalties,no hung low heads,and they battled to the end!!!I say this time the score didn't matter to me,I was just happy to see true Men in Purple have pride and show Grace in the toughest of situations!!!!!

Thanks Peabody. There are a whole lot of hurt kids and parents over here. It is sad when someone from another school understands Grace more than the administration at our Christian school. Christians are not perfect. But when hypocrites walk around thinking people are supposed to be perfect, and 15 to 17 year old makes a mistake they crucify that child and cast them into a desert all alone is wrong. I tell you now. I am not perfect but I am perfect in Gods eye because his son Jesus died for me and rose to wash ALL my sins. He does not cast me out when I fall. He pulls me Closer by placing people in my life to help me and love me. I love these boys on this team and they are not alone. Boys you have people that love you and have your back even when your school doesn’t. And our love goes to all players the ones who played last night and especially the ones who were not allowed to be with their brothers last night. Stay strong!!!!

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Thanks Peabody. There are a whole lot of hurt kids and parents over here. It is sad when someone from another school understands Grace more than the administration at our Christian school. Christians are not perfect. But when hypocrites walk around thinking people are supposed to be perfect, and 15 to 17 year old makes a mistake they crucify that child and cast them into a desert all alone is wrong. I tell you now. I am not perfect but I am perfect in Gods eye because his son Jesus died for me and rose to wash ALL my sins. He does not cast me out when I fall. He pulls me Closer by placing people in my life to help me and love me. I love these boys on this team and they are not alone. Boys you have people that love you and have your back even when your school doesn’t. And our love goes to all players the ones who played last night and especially the ones who were not allowed to be with their brothers last night. Stay strong!!!!

Well said brother.

8 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Edited by burnalittle

Interesting to see the final score of this game. I didn’t expect it to quite get out of hand as it did. I understand that TCA was missing a player or two over disciplinary issues... with that being said, I still think TCA is a quality team that can win any Friday night. But Peabody had something to prove after dropping their game to McKenzie last week. Peabody did exactly what they needed to do in order to build some momentum going into Adamsville week. Congrats to the Tide for a big homecoming win.