#3 Lewis county vs. #4 Columbia Academy

Blackdeath14

1 hour ago, pizzpatriot said:

Yeah, but were not playing sub .500 lower tiered teams week in and week out! And, when LC plays a decent team, even a smaller weaker school, ya'll always get handed a loss!

Gotta be proud of all those 9-1/10-0 records with early round playoff losses..

You started all of your banter with LC going undefeated and losing in the first round. When given facts, you changed to "early rounds". Again, I will provide the facts for you that are relevant to your argument.

Years with 1st round exits and regular season records:

2015: 6-4

2014: 4-6

2012: 6-4

2010: 4-6

2009: 3-7

2005: 7-3

2004: 6-4

1998: 9-1

1992: 8-2

1990: 8-2

1989: 6-4

Lewis County has lost in the first round of the playoffs 11 times. You have to go back 19 years to find the last time it happened with a 1 loss team in the regular season, and 25 years for a 2 loss team. So, I concede it has happened 3 times, EVER. Great research on your part, congrats.

Meanwhile, to address your comment about sub-.500 teams, your big boys have played 3 teams, 3 teams, with records above .500 this year. 

2 hours ago, pizzpatriot said:

Yeah, but were not playing sub .500 lower tiered teams week in and week out! And, when LC plays a decent team, even a smaller weaker school, ya'll always get handed a loss!

Gotta be proud of all those 9-1/10-0 records with early round playoff losses.

:rolleyes:

Ignore this waterboy troll!

.CA and Lewis county has had a great yr congrats to both! Suit up for the playoffs fellas may the best teams win. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheStuff said:

You started all of your banter with LC going undefeated and losing in the first round. When given facts, you changed to "early rounds". Again, I will provide the facts for you that are relevant to your argument.

Lewis County has lost in the first round of the playoffs 11 times. You have to go back 19 years to find the last time it happened with a 1 loss team in the regular season, and 25 years for a 2 loss team. So, I concede it has happened 3 times, EVER. Great research on your part, congrats.

Meanwhile, to address your comment about sub-.500 teams, your big boys have played 3 teams, 3 teams, with records above .500 this year. 

EARLY ROUNDS!!! That includes first and second rounds! What you need to do is research how many times LC has made it to and past the 3rd round!!

I've never boasted about how good or bad we are. I've just stated how overrated LC is and provided reasoning! You act like you are comparable to the best programs in the state. I can see that, however. Playing CA and Chapel Hill. Also strange is that when LC was forced to play some of the teams we did back before the split LC always got smoked. Fortunately for LC is that Sharp is personally good friends with atleast two members of the board. Why do you think LC is always in the weakest conference?

EARLY ROUNDS!!! That includes first and second rounds! What you need to do is research how many times LC has made it to and past the 3rd round!!

I've never boasted about how good or bad we are. I've just stated how overrated LC is and provided reasoning! You act like you are comparable to the best programs in the state. I can see that, however. Playing CA and Chapel Hill. Also strange is that when LC was forced to play some of the teams we did back before the split LC always got smoked. Fortunately for LC is that Sharp is personally good friends with atleast two members of the board. Why do you think LC is always in the weakest conference?

9 minutes ago, pizzpatriot said:

Sure do see a lit of (1's) on this "post season" list:

http://www.tennprepdb.com/teamhomeseasons.aspx?Team1=Lewis County

0-1..........1-1....

Dude, your stuff is getting old...I thought that a couple of Lewis County's fans were a little overzealous with their predictions, so I gave them a little good natured grief for it, but their program, fans, and posters here on the 'T have always been classy and proud with good reason. 

You, on the other hand have beaten the hair off the 'ol dead horse from some childish grudge that you obviously have against LC, and I'm beginning to be embarrassed for you. 

7 hours ago, TRamrod38 said:

You can forget about the pass, same old coach with the same old game plan for the last 28- 30 yrs. He has over 200 wins but look at who they are against teams that aren't that good. If he is  so good why is there not any championships won with him. Because he uses a lame game plan run it up the middle, to be a championship team you got to have a mixed up game plan to keep the other team honest, if they know your going to run majority of the time then what does he expect when he faces a good team with a good run defense.

You mean we need to throw the ball a lot like we did the 3 yrs before Coach came when we were 5-6, 3-7 and 1-9. Those were some fun teams to watch that you played on. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pizzpatriot said:

Your words from other thread:

10/6/17 at 10:28 PM

I'm not offended. It is what it is. Every dog has his day. There are such things as paper champions. 

Everyone knows Lewis County doesn't play anyone. When they do they get beat hence the 1st round playoff losses with 9-1 and 8-2 records. Come on guys, it doesn't take much to figure that out.

And you keep on with this "Coach is a friend of a friend of a family member of a doctor of a neighbor of the guy who cuts someones grass that is on the board of control." 

Why is Lewis County in the "weak"region they are in this year? Lets look at a couple of things.

Enrollment:

Columbia Academy- 488*

Community- 509

Eagleville- 437

Forrest- 547

Lewis County- 500

Loretto- 494

Summertown- 454

*with multiplier

Distance from other region schools: (Total mileage round trip to/from LC) 

Columbia Academy- 58

Community- 112

Eagleville- 106

Forrest- 98

Loretto- 68

Summertown- 36

When you look at enrollment and driving distance, the region looks equitable for all schools.

When LC was in the region with Waverly, Scotts Hill, etc., the driving distances for all schools was substantially increased. The district stretched from Loretto to Waverly. Before that, LC was in a district that included Stewart County, Dover, almost to Kentucky. The last time LC had a district with similar travel distances to what they have now was 2012, when LC was with your boys. If LC were to play in that district, the district from 2012, the present enrollment numbers would look like the following:

East Hickman 526

Fairview 710

Giles County 902

Hickman County 499

Lewis County 500

Marshall County 902

Page 1,123

Spring Hill 1,053

Summit 1,406

Perhaps, with your insight you should propose more equitable regions for TSSAA. 

I understand why you would not be boasting  about your team and would rather continue this ridiculous argument. Your boys have had a total of 1 10-0 and a total of 1 9-1 season ever, and, again using your words from an earlier post, Sure do see a lit of (1's) on this "post season" list, they lost in an early round on both occasions. Also, LC has had almost as many playoff trips that went beyond the 2nd round than your boys have had that you actually won a playoff game. Furthermore, LC's playoff winning percentage (.431) is higher than your boys (.419). 

Drop your axe you have ground off to the beard with your vitriolic diatribe. 

8 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Did Lewis have a lot of turnovers? I was looking at all the region games and they all seem to be kinda close. I mean for the teams that are going to make the playoffs and then this game it was over two scores diffrence.

Only two turnovers, but those two created possibly a 14 point swing. The first, a fumble deep in their own territory that led to CA's 1st score, the second an interception just before the half inside the CA 10. 

Not taking anything away from CA. They were well coached, they took care of the ball, and played extremely well along the line of scrimmage on both sides. They were the better of two good teams on the field.

I did't have an opportunity to message after work last night but it sounded like CA played a very good game and that hurts me to say. I was all in on Lewis County.

My takeaways were, first, Lewis County has an awesome radio guy. Didn't hear who he was but I really felt like I was at the game as crazy as that sounds. He wasn't too biased and he sounded like he knew what was going on and he told every play so well it was like I could see what was happening. That is a great thing cause I have listend to so many people doing games and you couldnt half understand what was happening. Thank you guys for giving me the link. Next I had heard about the Webb kid and it sounded like he was not much of an impact except his one touchdown. Captain from Forrest made him sound like a stud, and it didnt sound so much like it. Last I could hear the crowd alot over the radio and it must have been a great atmosphere for football.

2 hours ago, pizzpatriot said:

I will be the first to jump all over some Lewis Co people, comes from the years we have matched up and when we were in a district together. But this guy has lost his everloving mind. Camden and Lewis County have been playin on and off for years, sometimes as district rivals and others in the playoffs. Lewis County has strung together decades, plural, of playoff teams and that is a pretty big deal. Ddaddy and thestuff have completely taken your argument away from you and you come off like a little kid. You have said they lose in the first round after winning 9 or 10 games, changed it to first or second when given stats. I think you change your mind or change what you are arguing to keep the conversation going. Like I said being from Camden we have history with LC but I have nothing but respect for the run they have had, getting to the playoffs is great, winning a playoff game or two a bonus. And how can anyone complain about who someone has to play in a district? That is not even an argument.

And you keep on with this "Coach is a friend of a friend of a family member of a doctor of a neighbor of the guy who cuts someones grass that is on the board of control." 

That is hysterical. 

Maybe the pizzpatriot should apply for a job with TSSAA since he sounds like he thinks he could make better districts. maybe he could make friends with coaches and help them out like he claims is common. Hey, maybe he could help Camden out a little, get us away from Fairview and Cheatham.

Only two turnovers, but those two created possibly a 14 point swing. The first, a fumble deep in their own territory that led to CA's 1st score, the second an interception just before the half inside the CA 10. 

Not taking anything away from CA. They were well coached, they took care of the ball, and played extremely well along the line of scrimmage on both sides. They were the better of two good teams on the field.

I gotcha bud just was curious cause sometimes that could be the difference in the outcome of a game. Y'all had a great season either way and look forward to some good old trash talk when we meet in the playoffs.