Mr. Football Nominees for 3A

FridayMainEvent

I apologize if there is already a thread on this, but I didn't see one.   I got my ballot this week and would like some input of who is worthy.    Please include School, Name and most importantly, their jersey numbers (this is what we turn in on the ballot).   Any stats to support your nominee appreciated.    This year, only one Mr. Football per class so nominate backs and lineman here along with any kicker you deem worthy (Only one award for entire State at kicker).  Thanks

Mike Molder

Friday Main Event

• Like 1

Jay Parker #2-Pearl Cohn
Stats: 2017
42 carries 445 yrds 5tds 
31 rec 532 yrds 3tds 
549 Return yards 

1526 total 9tds 

In Only 7games

Stats: 2016
63 carries 825 yards 11tds 
39 rec 454 yrds 3 tds 
500 total return yrds 

1779 total all purpose 16 total tds 

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4178731/jimmyrious-parker

Team is 6-2 with the toughest schedule  Statewide. You Won't find another player more exciting than him!

Edited by FBfan26
  • Upvote 2

On 10/18/2017 at 10:06 AM, FreeAgent11 said:

I apologize if there is already a thread on this, but I didn't see one.   I got my ballot this week and would like some input of who is worthy.    Please include School, Name and most importantly, their jersey numbers (this is what we turn in on the ballot).   Any stats to support your nominee appreciated.    This year, only one Mr. Football per class so nominate backs and lineman here along with any kicker you deem worthy (Only one award for entire State at kicker).  Thanks

Mike Molder

Friday Main Event

Scott Payne #19 Signal Mountain Kicker /Punter

PATs 14 of 16

FGs 8-11  Longest 47 yard

KOs 36 TB's 28

22 Punts  39 yard Average  10 inside the 20.

http://www.unapproved website.com/athlete/scott-payne/j_iCIusdEeW-8KA2nzwbTA/gendersport/football-stats.htm#year=17-18

Edited by payner410

1 hour ago, payner410 said:

Scott Payne #19 Signal Mountain Kicker /Punter

PATs 14 of 16

FGs 8-11  Longest 47 yard

KOs 36 TB's 28

22 Punts  39 yard Average  10 inside the 20.

http://www.unapproved website.com/athlete/scott-payne/j_iCIusdEeW-8KA2nzwbTA/gendersport/football-stats.htm#year=17-18

Like to see a young man stating his own case... Or is this the Dad?   Either way, good job and great stats!

I'll be supporting #80 Thomas Burks of Blackman for Mr. Football Kicker award.   He's an amazing young man (Student body president) and has amazing career stats!  He's really done well at kicking camps across the country this year.   His stats this year so far are 47 or 47 on PAT's 1 of 2 on Field Goals (that offense doesn't attempt many field goals) 43 yard punt average, kickoffs-89% are touchbacks with a 67 yard average and long of 78 yards.   

He's an outstanding young man and I'd love for you to check out his high light video.   Oh, and I'm not related, just a fan!

Thomas Burks Mid Season Highlights

Edited by FreeAgent11

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

Darius James from Fairview 

Landon Barnes from Cheatham 

2 excellent choices for nomination.  Both have close to 1,000 yards rushing and have probably accounted for 20TDs

Found Mr. James stats

Darius James

Fairview RB

1353 All Purpose Yards

968 Rushing Yards    24 TDs 

these are totals through 7 games played