Mr. Football Nominees for DII 2A

FridayMainEvent

I apologize if there is already a thread on this, but I didn't see one.   I got my ballot this week and would like some input of who is worthy.    Please include School, Name and most importantly, their jersey numbers (this is what we turn in on the ballot).   Any stats to support your nominee appreciated.    This year, only one Mr. Football per class so nominate backs and lineman here along with any kicker you deem worthy (Only one award for entire State at kicker).  Thanks

Mike Molder

Friday Main Event

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, FreeAgent11 said:

I apologize if there is already a thread on this, but I didn't see one.   I got my ballot this week and would like some input of who is worthy.    Please include School, Name and most importantly, their jersey numbers (this is what we turn in on the ballot).   Any stats to support your nominee appreciated.    This year, only one Mr. Football per class so nominate backs and lineman here along with any kicker you deem worthy (Only one award for entire State at kicker).  Thanks

Mike Molder

Friday Main Event

Chattanooga Christian

Mondo Ellison - Jr

8 games - 1,284 yards rushing - 15 TD

3 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

Morgan Ernst-Webb

I'll absolutely 2nd that nomination, and I'm a GCA dad! I don't have his stats, but he dominates both sides of the ball! By far the best player we've faced all year, headed to Army to play football as well. Sparty....help us out with some up-to-date stats. I'd love to see him win it. Nobody on our team deserves consideration.

21 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

I'll absolutely 2nd that nomination, and I'm a GCA dad! I don't have his stats, but he dominates both sides of the ball! By far the best player we've faced all year, headed to Army to play football as well. Sparty....help us out with some up-to-date stats. I'd love to see him win it. Nobody on our team deserves consideration.

I don't have stats! I'll try to get some Friday when I attend the CAK game. But every week he has been put up for Prep Xtra Player of he week it seems. He has more touchdowns and tackles than anyone on the team I know that. He may have more rushing as well. People are so focused on Webb's outside speed that they usually get gashed by Ernst. My only complaint about him is that he doesn't have a twin brother.

Something that most people don't know is what kind of leader he is. An exceptional leader. Verbally and by example. Great kid. The way he addressed the Webb team after the McCallie and ND losses are far beyond an average kids his ages response. He's not too shabby in the classroom either.  

Edited by Spartan4Life

Drew Martin (#7 BGA)-

2007 passing yards/200 rushing yards 

30 TD (24 pass/6 rush) 5 INT

71% completion percentage

Kane Patterson (#4 CPA)- RB/LB 

Morgan Ernst (#1 Webb)- FB/DE

Eric Gray (#1 Lausanne)- RB

Jacob Buie (#18 USJ)- QB

Those are the 5 best in the division. Nyle Love (Lausanne), Jahlil Jefferson (Webb) & Ryan MIller (USJ) could be in there too. Tried to stick to one player on each team though.

Charles Campbell (#3 USJ) is best kicker in the division, IMO.

always luv this part of the season......shootin Biily goats

when the state of pickers in this goat rope votin sistem who never had there Hillary jacked up by sumwon in a football game is makin the decision.....Booger out.....

if the top 3 best LB in TN history cant win this thing.....then Booger got butt gas on the voters

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger

9 hours ago, Booger said:

always luv this part of the season......shootin Biily goats

when the state of pickers in this goat rope votin sistem who never had there Hillary jacked up by sumwon in a football game is makin the decision.....Booger out.....

if the top 3 best LB in TN history cant win this thing.....then Booger got butt gas on the voters

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Well, Booger, unfortunately I went to school at Community in the early 80's and there was no football team there.   I did play the sports available to me, but I'm sure I don't match your athletic resume.    I guess I'm one of them your referring to with no playing back ground.   I'm a little confused as to why that makes me less qualified to judge a players ability as I watch the game, but whatever you say.   Trust me, I would of loved to play this great game!  Growing up on a farm and not having the opportunity is a huge regret of mine because I love the game.   

At any rate, I do watch games every week and I do seek information on players State wide before I submit my ballot.   I've got 9 threads started on CoachT to gather all the information I can.  I surf the web on various websites studying stats.   I watch HUDL videos every night.   I do take this responsibility seriously.    I hate that you don't deem me worthy of making selections.

3 hours ago, FreeAgent11 said:

Well, Booger, unfortunately I went to school at Community in the early 80's and there was no football team there.   I did play the sports available to me, but I'm sure I don't match your athletic resume.    I guess I'm one of them your referring to with no playing back ground.   I'm a little confused as to why that makes me less qualified to judge a players ability as I watch the game, but whatever you say.   Trust me, I would of loved to play this great game!  Growing up on a farm and not having the opportunity is a huge regret of mine because I love the game.   

At any rate, I do watch games every week and I do seek information on players State wide before I submit my ballot.   I've got 9 threads started on CoachT to gather all the information I can.  I surf the web on various websites studying stats.   I watch HUDL videos every night.   I do take this responsibility seriously.    I hate that you don't deem me worthy of making selections.

no sir......it twas a shot over the bow of a couple of twins that float on hear that voted sctrictly home cooked bias a few years back...Booger shoulda went  ahead directed a lil more in there direction so it wasnt so broad stroked

Good luck with that Agent

Booger just sayin :thumb: