SGC vs Milan

ManOfMillions

Starting this a little early???? I think not. Its hate week.

Regardless of the records for both of these teams neither team wants to walk away from this game without the W.

A few years ago the original " man of millions " who is a bulldog supporter and fan took an unofficial pole of people from Milan. I think he asked 9 people that were bulldog supporters if you could win only 1 game on the schedule what game would that be? EVERYONE said South Gibson. I would think a few would say Huntington but they all said South Gibson.

This is a great rivalry for both teams and towns. It really brings a crowd and our programs need that gate to operate.

Milan will host this years contest with a ton on the line. The winner walks with a guaranteed home playoff game. The loser in this contest walks with a trip to Memphis for the first round of the playoffs.

Take all of the records and chunk them out the window. Milan has dominated the series in regards to wins and losses but SGC has proven several times that they can play with the puppies. We have really played some classic games in years past. ( I still say it was a catch, last play of the game in the endzone SGC wins ) ( refs missed the call )

Milan playing without its best player on both sides of the ball does not play in there favor at all.

Milan coming off of a beat down to Lexington does not play into SGC's favor. I know Morris will have his boys ready to play this game.

This game will be the game of the week for several of the media outlets in the area.

Cant predict a score yet but I will post a score later in the week.

I will have my flea and tick spray ready for next Friday night!

GO HORNETS!!!!!!!

Edited by ManOfMillions

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan will find a way to win this game. Yes, the Bulldogs are streaky as they can all get out, but Morris will find a way to beat SGC. South Gibson is only 1-6 against Milan, and that win was determined by one point. Don't think this would be any different. Yes, Milan lost to Lexington, but the Tigers are probably the 4th hottest team in West Tennessee right now behind Huntingdon, Covington, and Haywood County. If South Gibson and Lexington play each other tomorrow night, Lexington will win. Hard to judge South Gibson right now because their wins over the past month came against teams that are under .500 and they get trounced by Covington while Milan lost to the Chargers in OT.

Scott Stidham needs this game more than any coach out there, and based off track record, odds go against him.

Milan 24-16

5 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Milan will find a way to win this game. Yes, the Bulldogs are streaky as they can all get out, but Morris will find a way to beat SGC. South Gibson is only 1-6 against Milan, and that win was determined by one point. Don't think this would be any different. Yes, Milan lost to Lexington, but the Tigers are probably the 4th hottest team in West Tennessee right now behind Huntingdon, Covington, and Haywood County. If South Gibson and Lexington play each other tomorrow night, Lexington will win. Hard to judge South Gibson right now because their wins over the past month came against teams that are under .500 and they get trounced by Covington while Milan lost to the Chargers in OT.

Scott Stidham needs this game more than any coach out there, and based off track record, odds go against him.

Milan 24-16

I don't know if we will score 24 pts the rest of the season. We stink out loud. The hornets should win this one by a few scores. 

13 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Milan 24-16

umm... well... I guess everyone has an opinion.

This will not be a blow out. I think Milan will be up to play this game but SGC will be up as well. Im really looking forward to a great game. The dogs keep getting beat out of the region... really weird for morris.

Losing norman is a mega blow to the dawgs.

Edited by ManOfMillions

Bulldogs offense is getting worse each week.  The spread offense doesn't seem to fit this team and quite frankly, they look like they've given up on the season.  South Gibson will win this game by at least 2 touchdowns.  not sure what's going on with the Bulldogs but Friday's game against Lexington was the worst I've ever seen them play.  83 total yards against a very average Lexington team, or any team for that matter is unacceptable.