2017 TN Titans Mr. Football Award Nominations

CoachT

(CoachT: this topic is for your honest, POSITIVE input on Mr. Football candidates from around the state. Voters like myself need to know about the most deserving players from all over the state. If you have a thread already going them post a link to it below. All ballots must be in by Friday, October 27th. Negative comments do not influence voters.)

For the 11th consecutive year, the Tennessee Titans continue to serve as the title sponsor for the Mr. Football Awards. The TSSAA is very appreciative of the generosity of the Titans' organization for their financial support of these awards and for its wide-ranging support of student-athletes across our state.

The format this year will see the elimination of the Back and Lineman categories. There will be one Mr. Football award per class. There will be five semi-finalists announced for each class (as well as the Kicker of the Year) and three finalists in each class will be honored at the awards luncheon (total of 30), with 10 winners being named.

The three finalists for each award will be announced by Mike Keith on the Titans website at TitansOnline.com on November 13. Those players will be recognized at the Tennessee Titans Mr. Football awards luncheon at Nissan Stadium, where the winner of each award will be announced.

You are asked to nominate up to three players in each classification for the Mr. Football Award. You are also asked to nominate three players, regardless of classification, for the Mr. Football Kicker of the Year award. It is not necessary to select three players for each award, but that is your option. If you feel an individual player is one of the top three players in both categories, then you may list him in both.

These votes are a nominating process only. A selection committee will meet to choose the Mr. Football Award winners.

In order for your ballot to be counted, it must be submitted no later than FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27. Please take some time, discuss this with your staff and fill out the online ballot. Thank your for your help in honoring Tennessee's finest.

2A- Gavin Stanfield QB Waverly.  Have led the Tigers to another Region title and a 7-1 record (undefeated in the Region), only loss came to 10-0 Huntingdon.  Stats through week 10: 101 of 139 with 2366 yards passing, 38 touchdowns and 320 rushing yards. Might I add he is only a junior. Set a school record for touchdowns in a game, earlier in the season with 7. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ladytigers15 said:

2A- Gavin Stanfield QB Waverly.  Have led the Tigers to another Region title and a 7-1 record (undefeated in the Region), only loss came to 10-0 Huntingdon.  Stats through week 10: 101 of 139 with 2366 yards passing, 38 touchdowns and 320 rushing yards. Might I add he is only a junior. Set a school record for touchdowns in a game, earlier in the season with 7. 

The kid is special! He kept the tigers in that game against Huntingdon.

• CoachT pinned this topic

Aaron Swafford #19 Meigs County QB/FS

946 yards passing on the season.

1065 yards rushing 7.5 yards per carry.

To say he is mobile is quite an understatement.

140 points scored on the season. Currently stands at 9-0 on the season.

20 total touchdowns as a Sophomore. One game remaining.

As a starting freshman Qb. Lead his team to a 10-2 season.

http://www.hudl.com/v/27wFLD

Check out midseason highlights.

http://iis.timesfreepress.com/myaccount/PrepStats/stats/player.aspx?player=18250&sport=football

Edited by Imthayeti

CoachT,
 Tai Pillow for Mr. Football 1A 
He has led Mt Pleasant from 1-9  last season to 6-3 currently.
165 carries for 1265 yard in 9 games 22 Tds, 3 KOR Tds with nearly 2,000 All purpose yards
Tai Pillow: a senior at Mt. Pleasant High School, check out his highlights below.

apekzfrlc9nqaco8-3000_Full.jpg?v=65682FEDCD0DD508

www.hudl.com
Tigers Pride

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3971535/59aec37a8cd4a904cc1e7604

Brandon Moore - Fayetteville High School

2017 stats

(7 games) 115 rush - 1,226 yards - 10.6 avg - 17 TD  -  ALL PURPOSE - 1,661 12.2 avg - 18 TD

71 tackles - 6 TFL - 1 INT

Not a game with less than 150 rushing facing opponents like from every classification 1A-6A!

Career

461 touches - 6,145 yards - 13.3 avg - 65 TD

261 tackles - 27 TFL - 10 INT - 3 def. TD

For a career over 3,600 yards rushing, over 1,200 receiving, over, 1,100 return yards, over 200 def return yards

I know it's not a career award, but check out those avg's...13.3 yards per touch over 4 years! His Hudl highlights speak for themselves. He has been fun to watch and will be missed next season

Edited by VictorE

East Hickman's  #25 Tyler Mobley - Senior RB/ILB - on a Team that is 3-6.

Offensive Stats:  Rushing - 172 carries for 1,531 yds or 8.9 Avg. at 170.1 yds. per game.

Receiving - 7 receptions fro 79 yds. or 11.3 Avg. at 8.8 yds. per game.

Kick off return - 372 yds , Longest 88 yds.

Interception Return yds. - 52 yds.

Total yds. - 2,034 yds or 226 yds. per game.

15 TD's - 12 rushing- 2 receiving  - 1 KOR.

Defensive Stats: Tackles - 86 - 65 solo - 21 assisted - 9.6 Tackles per game.

interceptions - 2 for 52 return yds.

Tyler has done all of this on a team that is only 3-6 and is playing a lot of young players. He is the all time leading rusher in school history and still has a game to play, it would be hard to find a player that runs the ball harder than Tyler and even harder to find one that means as much to his TEAM!! IMO.. Not to mention he is a very good student and an even better young man. Before you ask he is not my SON. My son is also a Senior on this Team. Lot of great players in HS football  in TN, just would like to see it go to the best player period, not the best player on the best Team, no matter who that ends up being.

• CoachT unpinned this topic