8-AAA

OldEagleEye

3 hours ago, OldEagleEye said:

12-14 district picks

Tullahoma over Lincoln Co

Shelbyville over Lawrence

Franklin Co by 40 over Columbia

Think you might be right on all of those except one, Tullahoma and Lincoln Co. Tullahoma is still not very good, they just caught Oakland at the right time. From what I have heard Oakland's girls was looking right on past that game and thought that they could just show up and win. Lincoln Co. will have something for them tonight. 

On 12/10/2018 at 8:46 AM, oldschoolhoops said:

It was a fairly fast paced and physical game. The officials also let them play a good bit more than I've seen recently- which I'm good with. It was pretty much nip tuck the whole time. Ultimately, Coffee kept their composure and capitalized on opportunities late in the game. They meet again this week and I expect that, too, will be a good game. Cookeville is a solid team.

It was a really good game. Cookeville led almost the entire game and was up 4 with less than 1 min left.  Thats when it fell apart.   I don't normally say anything about the officiating but unfortunately they played a part in the end of this game.   At the end of the game the players should decide the game.   But CC played well enough to win at the end and made the FT and shots when it counted.  They came away with a W and thats all that goes in the score book.    I know we are really looking forward to a rematch.  And based on the Lady Cavs twitter page they are saying "you won't want to miss this game!"   Hope they are right.  But either way I hope that the zebra's stay out of the game.  

14 hours ago, 90warrior said:

Big win for the lady raiders! Vinson is the real deal! Whats crazy is cc is gonna be good for years to come. Vinsons little sister is coming and she may be better!

Coffee actually has several kids who are performing well right now. It takes a team to make it happen. They have two seniors averaging double figures, two freshman who have been able to give some quality minutes as needed, and some juniors who play important roles on the floor. The Graham kid is one of my favorites to watch- she gives SO much on defense, and every now and then, right when they seem to need it, she comes up with a big basket. Vaughn and Vinson both have beautiful shots. I'm not sure what the future holds for them. Cookeville constitutes the most quality pair of wins they have at this point, in my opinion. I think they have Oakland coming up and some sort of other Christmas tournament. I am very interested to see how they will finish this year. 

Coffee County played a good second half against Cookeville and got the W .  #23 is going to be a star.   She has D1 size and skills.   Several players made big baskets.   They definitely had a game plan and in the first half that was to flop on all the ball screens.  OMG it worked.  The zebra's called fouls.   Good game plan since it worked but it is pretty funny if you watch the replay.   Coffee County is a good team.  They may not have played anyone before Cookeville, but after watching them play twice I can tell you they are are going to win alot of games this year.    

For what it's worth, if their plan was to flop on ball screens, it hurt them. I don't think it worked at all. Lots of fouls on the offensive end- it caused a couple of players to have to sit with fouls. I'd love to see the film, but seemed like they might need to do a little more work on setting/using ball screens from what I could tell.