#4 Riverdale @ #1 Mt Juliet - Rd of 32

GoPats2019

39 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

You left out Teague lol 

Oh so if he was playing then you agree Blackman would wear Mt Juliet out like cheap sneakers? I am not worried about Teague, as we will have three of our four running backs back this week. Point being you are trying to rationalize the victory you are proclaiming for this week and you all haven't played a 6A team with an 8-2 record yet. As to my knowledge you have not played a top 20 team yet either. The highest ranking opponent is Hendersonville and according to their fans they gave you all you wanted for 3 and1/2 qtrs. This will be an interesting game for sure. I will be dvr'ing this bad boy. 

3 hours ago, poppop said:

Sorry, I miss spoke.

Riverdale is in a region with a very competitive team at the top and the next three are over rated and beat each other.

In Riverdales 8 wins, 7 on them were against teams that were a combined 26-44. They beat Cookeville by 2 and lost to Blackman by 2.  That indicates to me these three teams are pretty equal and not dominate by any means.

They lost to Oakland by 29. 

As far as MJ goes, I have nothing but respect for a team that shutout its first 6 opponents and went undefeated. 

They beat each other and didn't lose to anybody else. Those 4 teams went 16-0 in non-region games and 8-0 against other 6A teams with a 24-point average margin of victory.

There is a reason they are rated so highly.

22 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

They beat each other and didn't lose to anybody else. Those 4 teams went 16-0 in non-region games and 8-0 against other 6A teams with a 24-point average margin of victory.

There is a reason they are rated so highly.

And why no team from Region 4 will advance to round 2.  I wish there was a parlay for HS football, I'd make a ton from MJGOLDENBEARS.

Edited by AlbertPine

On 10/29/2017 at 3:13 AM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

You're wrong, I'll be here IF we lose which is a huge if. I love the doubters, they give great material for MJ and company to keep the train chugging along.

So let’s get one thing straight, when you lose...WHEN not if....whether it’s this week, next week, or in 2 weeks if they get to Oakland... but when MJ loses, I want you to come on here and openly, publicly apologize to everyone you have bashed and belittled in the name of Mt. Juliet. AND I want you to openly and publicly admit that you were wrong, that MJ is not the best team in the state, middle Tennessee, or 6A. No excuses. And like I said previously, if they make the finals, or even semi finals, then I will do it. Deal?

9 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I think MT Juliet beats everyone except Oakland, but not saying it's impossible to beat Oakland. That would be a fun game to watch.

LOL , Maryville got beat by Oakland at Oakland 17-14 without their Starting QB who is a UAB Commitment , and 4 other starters out ... , and Ol Goldenbears already wrote them off , lol . 

1 hour ago, Bump11 said:

So let’s get one thing straight, when you lose...WHEN not if....whether it’s this week, next week, or in 2 weeks if they get to Oakland... but when MJ loses, I want you to come on here and openly, publicly apologize to everyone you have bashed and belittled in the name of Mt. Juliet. AND I want you to openly and publicly admit that you were wrong, that MJ is not the best team in the state, middle Tennessee, or 6A. No excuses. And like I said previously, if they make the finals, or even semi finals, then I will do it. Deal?

Deal

5 hours ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

Oakland also beat Blackman and Cookeville by 21 each. It could be that Oakland is pretty darn good this year. They also beat Maryville by 3 who is dominant, year in and year out.

You will see how good Cookeville is this Friday. They are a really good football team, all around. They only have 2 non-senior starters. It takes a pretty good effort to beat them. You guys may have a speed advantage in some spots, but they will give you guys a good game. That being said, I think Riverdale is a pretty good team, too. They may not be 'MJ good', but I think they'll give them a pretty good game.

I guess my point is everyone in Riverdale’s region isn’t not untouchable. If you look at the two regions, they are very similar. Each has one dominate team at the top and 3 good teams downstream. I think there will be some really good games between these regions. 

I know Cookville is good. Dominate, I don’t think so. Have nothing but respect for Cookville.  But all I’ve seen is how they will blow out Rossview. I don’t think so if Rossview gets a few players back. 

i still think MJ will handily beat Riverdale. Not because   Riverdale is not a good team (they are) but because MJ is that good.