2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

7 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

South Greene played Oak Ridge last year and lost. SG played Morristown West very competitively this year, but lost twice to them.

Absent drawing a line on the map, my geographic opinion is that the "Upper" begins at Rogersville and Greeneville and continues east. But, if you look at the District, Morristown is District 1—the same as Science Hill and Daniel Boone, both of whom are in Upper East Tennessee.

A more accurate way of ranking South Greene would be to put them as the best AA team in Districts 1 & 2.

As a fan, I'm happy for SG that they don't have to play either MW or OR in the state tournament.

BTW, I enjoy watching all three, well-coached, teams. Good luck to all three!

Must be a East TN thing... But, South Green must be pretty loaded if you think that they can beat a team with multiple future college players. Hopefully I'll see them in Murfreesboro

52 minutes ago, ballinup90 said:

Must be a East TN thing... But, South Green must be pretty loaded if you think that they can beat a team with multiple future college players. Hopefully I'll see them in Murfreesboro

They have won the last 2 Single A state championships and return their entire team minus one senior off of last year's team.  They also have multiple future College players also led by Miss Basketball nominee Taylor Lamb who has committed to play Division 1 basketball (Had 35 points and 15 Rebounds against Bradley Central earlier in the year). South Greene is rich in Woman's basketball history with 29 state tournament appearances 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

'They have won the last 2 Single A state championships and return their entire team minus one senior off of last year's team.  They also have multiple future College players also led by Miss Basketball nominee Taylor Lamb who has committed to play Division 1 basketball (Had 35 points and 15 Rebounds against Bradley Central earlier in the year). South Greene is rich in Woman's basketball history with 29 state tournament appearances 

According to a couple of Bradley Central players and several of the players' parents, South Greene is one of the two best teams they've played this year.

Edited by blitzinbuc

13 minutes ago, WolfPack101 said:

I was not able to attend the Cumberland/Bledsoe County game tonight the crud has me down for the count! <_< But what is going on? Opinions or thoughts from anyone at the game as to why the score is what it is? :shock:

Cumberland County won but Bledsoe gave them all they could handle. Can’t blame it on the referees because it was so close. Bledsoe came to play and every time Cumberland would make a run, Bledsoe would answer. 

South Greene put on a show tonight from behind the arc in the District 2 AA Championship game. 7/8 from 3 in just the opening quarter. Ended up with at least 10 3's and the bench played most of the 4th quarter.  Defeated Chuckey-Doak 69-29 in the championship game.  The  Wykle sisters were each 4/5 from behind the arc. 

District 2 POY:Taylor Lamb

All conference: B. Wykle, Franklin, Williams, 

Tournament MVP: Braelyn Wykle

All tournament: K. Wykle, Williams, Lamb, Franklin 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1