2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

18 hours ago, VictoryFormation said:

Team chemistry is important, especially this time of the year.  If you're talking about #24, I think she was just a Freshman last year.  They'll be a tough out as long as she's playing.

She was just a freshman last year.  I think Macon would have a chance at either place, but hoping they pull an upset tonight against Upperman.  Macon as a whole is playing pretty good right now.  I don't know if I would have said that a couple of weeks ago.  It just seems that we missed our graduating senior's heart for most of the season.  We still force a little too much at times and take some ill-advised shots, but are currently playing pretty good.  I think they have a shot at getting back to Mboro.

19 hours ago, UTRok said:

I agree. Both team have played at McMinn Central so it will not be a shock to have to go there and play. Macon went to McMinn last season and beat them and I think McMinn was a better team last year. Macon is a better team this season. I think UHS was a better team last season but still better than McMinn central but hey that is why they play the game.

Nobody wants to travel this year, that is for sure.  McMinn Central has played a solid schedule and Meigs is a tough place to play.  MCentral, when things are falling are tough to beat, especially at home.  Again, 4 juniors and 1 senior is the majority of game time, with other senior coming off the bench.  I agree MCentral was a better team than Macon last year.  Meigs County is one of the toughest places to play in the area.  Looks like Macon Co. and Upperman are two tough teams.  Me personally wants to see MCentral pull this one out tonight, because I really believe the traveling teams will have the most difficult time in this sub-state game.

I agree completely traveling at this time of the season is not the best option. UHS and Macon play for the 4th time for the region championship. UHS has won by 11, 29 and 7 home, home and at Tech. This time they will play at Cookeville High School. Hard to beat a good team 4 times in one season and this game means the most with home court on the line. We will have our answers tomorrow night.