Waverly hosts Lewis County rd2

rednecktiger31

23 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Mustangs scrimmaged y'all I think in 67 & 68 I think. Seems like the same field. At least the same area. We were pretty good then. We played against each other. Seems y'all had a good running back. I know I chased him around the secondary all day. We lost 3 in 67 undefeated in 68.  Your coaches dad grew up down the street from me in Huntingdon. I know a lot of stories!

The running back you remember was Coach Trotter's nephew I think - his first name was Dwight.

3 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Those are the same stands that were there when I played late 80s - late 90s youth through highschool so I can agree with you on that but I took it as if you was saying we have a crappy place which isn't true. I wish we had a place like Huntingdon but we dont. 

I love your program, your coach & all your pretty cheerleaders. Love your offense and love getting to compete against a extremely talented group of kids like y'all got. Still need better visitor bleachers. Us Mustangs travel pretty well. Bet y'all made more money off us than Camden! We've played every school on hwy 70 between Huntingdon & Dickson and they don't want none of us!

19 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Lucky joker must be nice!!!

Vandy, been hunting in S. Illinois for 16+ years, leasing land has gotten tougher (lost several great farms over those years due to them being sold) and the license has tripled , but I love to bow hunt and other than Kansas, it is the best state to do that in. IMO. Now if Kansas was closer and Iowa was easier to draw a tag in that would be different. LOL Good luck to you guys.

2 hours ago, BAMABOY72 said:

Vandy, been hunting in S. Illinois for 16+ years, leasing land has gotten tougher (lost several great farms over those years due to them being sold) and the license has tripled , but I love to bow hunt and other than Kansas, it is the best state to do that in. IMO. Now if Kansas was closer and Iowa was easier to draw a tag in that would be different. LOL Good luck to you guys.

I hear yea! Thanks bud

1 minute ago, chucky said:

You would probably see more posts from LC folks and would be able to have a good conversation about football if every thread about LC was not hijacked by idiots....

I don't blame them for not posting the trolling has got ridiculous and I really looked forward jawing with ddaddy and the others. 

29 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

Well he needs to vent somewhere else thia ia about a game nothong else

Just ignore all of these trolls and there won't be an issue. The more people quote and reply to them the more they will comment. This topic is about Waverly against Lewis County for a chance to get closer to state! LC and Wavo are old regional rivals and now they are going at it again. Let's talk about the game. Waverly's Defense does have an issue with letting big plays happen with running teams. Just remember the only team to beat Waverly this year was Huntingdon and their entire gameplay is about running the ball. 

43 minutes ago, rednecktiger31 said:

Just ignore all of these trolls and there won't be an issue. The more people quote and reply to them the more they will comment. This topic is about Waverly against Lewis County for a chance to get closer to state! LC and Wavo are old regional rivals and now they are going at it again. Let's talk about the game. Waverly's Defense does have an issue with letting big plays happen with running teams. Just remember the only team to beat Waverly this year was Huntingdon and their entire gameplay is about running the ball. 

True but coach will make the changes needed for this game and plus lewis is no where near tje team Hunington is