Whitwell @ Gordonsville

TigerfootballFan

1 hour ago, MrLegit said:

If they were as good as you think why did we best them. You give everyone credit but us. Good grief. We are too young we are this we are that you are right we are but we are undefeated so far and have beaten 2 of your favs

I give us credit. I said we have a solid 1A team. I just see a lot more older, athletes at Whitwell. That makes it tough on us. If we're as good as you say we are then Whitwell is really DANG good too because we only won 21-14. 

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

Likely done? What the heck is wrong with him? This is the first I've heard about it.

He sold out to make a play, went out completely with his cleats on.   That one undeniably hurts Whitwell,  Shrum made plays , he made a catch vs Trousdale that gave Whitwell a chance to win, He finished a block for 15 yards this year and pancaked the kid he was blocking in the endzone before the RB could score on a 30+yard run, he’s set the edge defensively and you couldn’t ask a high school ball player to do more then what he did for his team, because week in week out on game day he went to work. 

Going forward Whitwell will have to replace him, with good football players,  because in my opinion he’s one of the top 10 players in the valley.   

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

when did he get hurt?  whitwell was up 55-0 @the Half or something like that.  Surely it wasnt late in the second or in the third qtr, if so i bet the coach is kicking himself.

First series coming out of half. Condra was out before halftime. Condra is fine and will play Friday. Shrum will be missed. Boldin and Coley will have to come up with plans to replace for sure, kid is a very good player. This hurts the defense more than offense.

Edited by TigerfootballFan

25 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

First series coming out of half. Condra was out before halftime. Condra is fine and will play Friday. Shrum will be missed. Boldin and Coley will have to come up with plans to replace for sure, kid is a very good player. This hurts the defense more than offense.

Hate to hear that he was a major part of the defense 

10 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I give us credit. I said we have a solid 1A team. I just see a lot more older, athletes at Whitwell. That makes it tough on us. If we're as good as you say we are then Whitwell is really DANG good too because we only won 21-14. 

I said best team they've had in 25 yrs. Just to bad we were better.