Lake Co @ Memphis Westwood

mrbigster

26 minutes ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Can someone provide post game analysis? If someone already has please multi-quote it so I can read. I really thought Westwood had a chance.

Westwood was facing a 3rd and long, fumbled the ball ,picked it up and scored on a long run.Lake Co came back and drove the ball and scored totie game 6-6.Westwood scored again to take the lead and lead at end of 1st quarter 12-6 and LC came back and scored at the start of the 3rd quarter to take the lead 13-12.Lake Co scored again to lead at the half 20-12.Lake Co scored again in the 3rd quarter to take a 26-18 lead.LC was at midfield and moving the ball again and had a 4th and 1 but for some reason the best running back was on the sideline and ran the other running back and Westwood held. Lake Co scores again later to take a 33-18 lead with 4 minutes to play in the game. Westwood passed short passes quite a bit but qb had a couple balls tipped by LC lineman or backs and threw a couple interceptions. Westwood didn't let Lake Co stud running back brak any long runs but he gained about 4 or 5 yards on just about every play. Westwood couldn't stop them from running and driving. Lake Co didn't have to open the playbook with their stud tight end. Also have a couple good receivers but were controlling the game with about 4 yards every carry.I think Johnson carried the ball 41 times. Quarterback may have run the ball about 4 times. Other running back may have carried 5 times. May have threw 4 passes all night long.

4 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Can someone provide post game analysis? If someone already has please multi-quote it so I can read. I really thought Westwood had a chance.

LC ran power all night for 5-8 yards a pop...our front line was too much...I think we ran 2 pass plays one for a TD...Westwood’s speed kept them in it and they played hard! On offense we literally ran about 5 different plays and Puckett kept the playbook in his pocket! D was ok just let a couple of big plays lead to Westwood scores! As I said before Westwood never quit! 

16 minutes ago, shockernation said:

LC ran power all night for 5-8 yards a pop...our front line was too much...I think we ran 2 pass plays one for a TD...Westwood’s speed kept them in it and they played hard! On offense we literally ran about 5 different plays and Puckett kept the playbook in his pocket! D was ok just let a couple of big plays lead to Westwood scores! As I said before Westwood never quit! 

I knew we didn't throw much. My Uncle that saw us for the first time ask if that's the only running back we had and if we ever throw...lol. Guess when keep getting 4 yards a pop, just keep running it till someone stops it.

21 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I knew we didn't throw much. My Uncle that saw us for the first time ask if that's the only running back we had and if we ever throw...lol. Guess when keep getting 4 yards a pop, just keep running it till someone stops it.

I’d expect to see a full playbook this week! And I think that was our plan last week...run until they stop it? Dez had 40 carries for 215ish...lil Tebow didn’t even run much...dez was a beast again!