Lake Co @ Memphis Westwood

mrbigster

8 hours ago, shockernation said:

1 cold weather adv LC

2 turf even

3 Travel LC will bring 100...boys gotta stay focused 

4 Just keep it rolling...just like last Friday hit em in the mouth and cram it down their throats 

5 special teams keep improving 

6 Puckett has his kids ready! 

LC is gonna take care of business Friday 

Im hoping they come out with some fire. A couple positions concern me a little .Both positions where we have the same freshman in both positions. Not going to say on here but Im thinking as games get tougher,may see LC gamble on some 4th and 1 or 4th and 2

Not saying hes a bad player ,but will just say we were lucky on one play last week or a touchdown and the other thing is it seems like he takes a second too long.

Edited by mrbigster

51 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

Your gonna love playing there!!!Great facilities ,beautiful area ,field is top notch and fast to play on!!!!

I was there a couple years ago when the Lake Co middle school played for the championship. This same group of players that were all 8 th graders .So most have played there before.

Just now, peabodypride said:

KWC,much respect for your loyalty and tenacity for you Memphis area squads!!!Maybe you will start a fan base fire for the region!The young men deserve to be celebrated!!!!!!

Peabodypride:

These guys don't have much representation on this board. I try to support as much as I can. There are others who bring support to Memphis area teams, it's not just me. However, I appreciate the sentiment. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, kwc said:

Peabodypride:

These guys don't have much representation on this board. I try to support as much as I can. There are others who bring support to Memphis area teams, it's not just me. However, I appreciate the sentiment. Thanks.

Your always welcome,your a class act!I know the big boy programs get.prepped wwell,but it's nice to see The 1A 2A support

2 minutes ago, kwc said:

Peabodypride:

Without you and a couple others we would be hard-pressed to know much of anything from the Memphis area. 

3 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

Your always welcome,your a class act!I know the big boy programs get.prepped wwell,but it's nice to see The 1A 2A support

It's tricky being a coach at one of the 1A or 2A programs here in Memphis. They rarely will get looked at by any coach worth his salt. I am of the belief that more and more Region 8, 1A and 2A programs could be much better and compete with the rural West Tennessee programs with the proper coaching. 

The reason a lot of coaches will avoid the smaller programs, however, is because those smaller schools may get closed at a moments notice. Coaches don't know if the school will even be open the next season. Throw in the growth and rise of charter schools in Memphis, and the small schools have a battle on their hands. You have to remember one thing. All of these smaller schools are in older neighborhoods. There are still a lot of homes in the neighborhood ... but now, that's where grandma lives ... if you get my drift. All of them. So ... it makes it very difficult to build a football program, let alone, have support. My hat is off to every coach at those small schools in Region 8. For a lot of them, just fielding a team is a positive. Winning in the post season? That's ... well, it's a major ordeal to say the least. The young men don't get the recognition that the guys at the larger schools will get. 

So, at this time of the season, I make it my business to come into the threads of the smaller classifications and show those programs as much love as I can throw their way. They need all the support they can get, and then some!

• Upvote 1

Cold cold night! Its football weather finally! LC played lights out last week and continues to improve! Run it down their throats with dez tubbs and tanner! D keep playing lights out and hitting hard! And on to special teams I really liked what i saw last week...angel kicks until he misses one...our sideline pooch kick is much better than onside kicks!!! And sorry biggy I’ll take the freshman any day that kids got heart (love watching him play baseball) and he’s gonna be a real good one! Let’s take a crowd to the M!!!