Lake Co @ Memphis Westwood

mrbigster

48 minutes ago, dtownfan364 said:

We played at Crump a couple years ago. Nice stadium with artificial turf. In a rough part of town but plenty of police presence. We parked on the street right across from the hospital & didn't have any issues.

Yes, I texted Frankie Mays mother about an hour ago and told her it was the same place we played the middle school championship .We  didn't have any problems either .But  LC lost that game so don't know if that would have played into that.

Edited by mrbigster

Not so sure this is going to be an easy game. I saw that Westwood beat Chester co. I know Chester Co only won 4 games but they have played Dyersburg ,Adamsville  etc. Chester  Co beat USJ which beat a healthy TCA. Chester Co also beat Liberty and McNairy Central. Chester Co lost to Adamsville 28-19.So wasn't a blowout .So Westwood may be a tough out.

There are two common opponents between these two teams. Freedom Prep and Greenfield. Strangly enough, one of Westwood's losses is to Freedom Prep, by a score of 0-6. Lake Co. has blown out FP on two different occassions, the last one being 44-0. The other opponent, Greenfield, Lake County beat 39-8. Westwood beat them 35-0.

It's games like these that make it important to be a top seed. Playing at home is huge right now. However, last year Westwood was 4-7. The year before that they were 1-11. The year before that, they were 1-9. There is new leadership at Westwood, but winning in the post season is a 'learned thing'. Coaches, faculty, parents, players, etc. Westwood may win this. If they do, I will be plesently surprised. I hope they do and then go to face Dresden. It helps that they don't have to make the long trek to some small town where they would feel isolated and alone. Playing at home will boost their confidence. They will need it.

Stat wise ... Westwood has a really good defense. They are a very good passing team also. At this juncture in the post-season, you have to be good defensively. (The link below is from the Shelby Metro Sports Blog website)

ShelbyMetroSportsBlog Team Statistics through the regular season

This should be one of the better games. I'm pulling for the Memphis team.

Go Region 8!

Go Westerners!

14 minutes ago, kwc said:

There are two common opponents between these two teams. Freedom Prep and Greenfield. Strangly enough, one of Westwood's losses is to Freedom Prep, by a score of 0-6. Lake Co. has blown out FP on two different occassions, the last one being 44-0. The other opponent, Greenfield, Lake County beat 39-8. Westwood beat them 35-0.

It's games like these that make it important to be a top seed. Playing at home is huge right now. However, last year Westwood was 4-7. The year before that they were 1-11. The year before that, they were 1-9. There is new leadership at Westwood, but winning in the post season is a 'learned thing'. Coaches, faculty, parents, players, etc. Westwood may win this. If they do, I will be plesently surprised. I hope they do and then go to face Dresden. It helps that they don't have to make the long trek to some small town where they would feel isolated and alone. Playing at home will boost their confidence. They will need it.

Stat wise ... Westwood has a really good defense. They are a very good passing team also. At this juncture in the post-season, you have to be good defensively. (The link below is from the Shelby Metro Sports Blog website)

ShelbyMetroSportsBlog Team Statistics through the regular season

This should be one of the better games. I'm pulling for the Memphis team.

Go Region 8!

Go Westerners!

Good stats passing the ball and on defense only giving up 75 yards a game. If they hold Lake Co to 75 yards, going to be a loss for Lake Co. The last game with Prep was 44-0 but Lake Co was on the 2 yard line when the game ended and just took a knee. Not that the final score mattered Also Lake Co has weapons. Running back is very good.T ight End is one of the best around .QB can pass and run. About 6'3 and 210.Two very good receivers .Another running back catches the ball well from the backfield. So a lot of weapons if everything is clicking.. .But  ur right .That loss to Dresden was big or could be. Should be a good one.Lake Co defense is very good as well.

Edited by mrbigster