Covington or Raleigh Egypt will win 3A

Respect901fball

First of all PC will represent the West. Write that down and put it in your pocket. 

Second, I'm not so sure either team even wins their game this week. RE will probably ride Grandberry to a close win but those South Gibson boys are tough and can play so don't be shocked if they win. Milan and Covington will be an all out battle like the first game (that went to OT). And as most know it's hard to beat a good team twice in a season,  especially one with the playoff pedigree like Milan 

1st of all, this post should be taken down. Neither RE or Covington is winning 3A. 2nd of all, I agree with the last post, both RE and Covington will struggle to win this week. Let alone win 3A. Now I do think Covington has the best chance of those in the west to win 3A, but they aren't going to beat Alcoa if they do make it to the final game. Covington and Milan are pretty much the only 3A teams out west with a chance to make it that have any playoff experience at all I believe. Both Milan and Covington have a pretty good history of playoff success, but don't let that fool you into believing that they can win 3A. It won't happen. 

26 minutes ago, JoeBlow777 said:

1st of all, this post should be taken down. Neither RE or Covington is winning 3A. 2nd of all, I agree with the last post, both RE and Covington will struggle to win this week. Let alone win 3A. Now I do think Covington has the best chance of those in the west to win 3A, but they aren't going to beat Alcoa if they do make it to the final game. Covington and Milan are pretty much the only 3A teams out west with a chance to make it that have any playoff experience at all I believe. Both Milan and Covington have a pretty good history of playoff success, but don't let that fool you into believing that they can win 3A. It won't happen. 

Covington has played for the gold ball three times since 2000 but tbh none of the championship games have been close,teams from the east are a different animal for sure. That's not to say I wouldn't love going back to try again but that's several games away.

1 hour ago, JoeBlow777 said:

As of right now,  the only team from out west that has a chance at beating Alcoa is PC. 

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

How does PC end up being in the West? Your geography must be different than mine.

That's the beauty of being in Middle Tennessee: Some teams are on the east side of the bracket; some teams are on the west side of the bracket. And, occasionally, two middle Tennessee teams meet to play one another in the championship game.

1 hour ago, midtnmale said:

That's the beauty of being in Middle Tennessee: Some teams are on the east side of the bracket; some teams are on the west side of the bracket. And, occasionally, two middle Tennessee teams meet to play one another in the championship game.

Yeah, middle Tennessee is different. My wife is from Smyrna. Not the modern-day Smyrna, but the 1960's Smyrna (before Nissan). I don't think she wore shoes until she started school. When we were dating, she said "Smyrna has two grocery stores. We shop at this one, and we don't shop at that one."

On 11/7/2017 at 3:05 PM, CHARGERFAN said:

How does PC end up being in the West? Your geography must be different than mine.

From past years from what I understand it had something to do with I65. People on the left side goes west and people on the right side goes east. Now this year I guess how the district's ended up I think everybody in Metro goes West except Maplewood They got East. If you look at MapleWood District all the other teams and it will be going east anyway so I guess that's why.