Quarterfinals Coalfield at Greenback

orngnblk

Not saying this to ruffle feathers, but is it possible that the 4 teams left in the East in 1A could have just as much of a shot in the east in 2A. Marion and Tyner have not looked all that well this year at times. Meigs is undefeated, but I have heard some people question their strength of schedule. I have seen all 4 teams left from the east and they can all three play some ball.

9 hours ago, bluedevil6913 said:

Sloth trust me we are pullin' for our neighbors.. we are hoping Coach Webb and the tigers can squeak into the semis... seeing as how that's the only neighbors we have still playing football :)

Guess you Harriman boys have to choose someone to pull for this time of year. Beats sitting in a gym. Lol. 

1 hour ago, CastIronHero said:

I'm going GB just because of the way the Gilbert Kid runs. He can take a game over single handedly. I was truthfully more impressed by him last year in the big  comeback vs SP than I was the Roberts kid. GB by 14.

I went to the Greenback Coalfield playoff game last year and told the guys I was with that I was more impressed with the Gilbert kid than with Roberts.  He sees the hole very well and then hits it hard.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CastIronHero said:

Not saying this to ruffle feathers, but is it possible that the 4 teams left in the East in 1A could have just as much of a shot in the east in 2A. Marion and Tyner have not looked all that well this year at times. Meigs is undefeated, but I have heard some people question their strength of schedule. I have seen all 4 teams left from the east and they can all three play some ball.

You're just stateing facts.

7 hours ago, rtl112 said:

We are the underdogs by 5% and that's the way it should be. We are going to have to play a perfect game just to hang around in this one.  I just can't see us stopping the Gilbert kid or should I say Superman. 

Man it must have changed because yesterday we were the underdog!! It's going to be a good game to watch just hope that we come out on top lol!

Gonna be a packed house. Believe GB has a slight edge (very very slight) due to home field. But however, the last game is independent of this game. Coalfield will plan to stop the man child #6 as we all know and won’t let 1 player beat them. So, for GB to win this game, they HAVE to stay within 1 possession and contain McKinney with multiple people or it could get bad. GB didn’t see the real EKU commit last go around. The defenses are the major key as to who wins this game. GB’s secondary or Coalfield’s front 7? We’ll see

1 hour ago, cherokee23 said:

Gonna be a packed house. Believe GB has a slight edge (very very slight) due to home field. But however, the last game is independent of this game. Coalfield will plan to stop the man child #6 as we all know and won’t let 1 player beat them. So, for GB to win this game, they HAVE to stay within 1 possession and contain McKinney with multiple people or it could get bad. GB didn’t see the real EKU commit last go around. The defenses are the major key as to who wins this game. GB’s secondary or Coalfield’s front 7? We’ll see

Good post, they also have their middle linebacker back and number 23 which didn't play against us the first go around. I think coalfield has the advantage in this one just because we play better as the underdog lol!!