#1 Ranked GreenEville Vs Anderson County

DevilMan03

18 minutes ago, Mav4life said:

oGlad its gameday, I have been wanting to see this matchup for about 3 months now lol.  AC comes in able to score a lot of points and can be very creative on offense.  The defense for AC has had some games where they looked legit and some games where they looked lost, hopefully this is a good night on that side of the ball.  If Greeneville is able to line up and control the line of scrimmage and shorten the possessions that AC has that could be the difference in the game.  Personally I think Greeneville has the advantage in the trenches, AC is good on the line, not great, but is very good at linebacker.  Games where AC has been forced to stop the run the Linebackers have been a huge part of that and Creative Blitzing has been key.  My worry is that AC will be forced to do just this and force us to one on one matchups in the secondary and Greeneville hit just enough big plays to make the difference.  I am confident that AC can stop the throw game if they can play balanced on D, but not if they are forced to sell out against the run and stack the box, this is where I think Greenevilles game plan will be.  Force AC to sell out on the run and then make just enough plays to bite AC in the throw game.  If Greeneville can accomplish this, AC will have to score every possession and so far this season they have been able to do mostly that, but AC will have to be disciplined on Offense with Turnovers and Penalties.  We left points on the field last week and we will not be able to do that this week.  I think Greeneville will try to limit AC Possessions, try to make AC march the field with good Kickoffs starting at the 20.  AC will probably end up pooch kicking giving the ball up around the 35.  If AC can play great on Defense and get a turnover or 2 and make Greeneville punt a couple time they can win, if not, Greeneville will win.  AC has a very explosive offense and that could be the difference, Football is a game of Inches and last years game is a prime example of just that, their were many plays early where the offense was just off, missed passes high or behind, not completing and having to punt, cant have that this year, hopefully we are on and can get to the 30 point mark, if we can do that we will have a shot at pulling this one off.  I saw a post from an EHS poster earlier that said they lost that game in the second half and that just simply is not true, AC should have been up 21-0 in the first qtr, that game was never in doubt from the kickoff on.  AC has started every game this year fast and will have to do the same tonight to win.  Looking forward to a great atmosphere tonight and I hope AC can prove me wrong in my prediction, but I am always honest whether my AC friends agree or not.  Hopefully I can go to one more home game this year next week, but here is my honest prediction for tonight:

Greeneville: 34

AC: 24

GO Mavs, Im pulling for you, and I hope you prove me wrong

We are almost dead on with the score .I like your honest way of thinking.There are so many factors that can change a football game and either team could walk away with the win tonight.We all figure both offenses to move the ball but AC could bring a blitz package that the Devils have trouble adjusting to . Greeneville might make a little change on defense that gives AC fits.You can never factor turnovers ,penalties and mistakes enough and if either team doesn't take care of those things,it could be a blow out .I just hope all the young men go home safe when its over and may the best team win.Hope its the home team.

Edited by BatmanDevil

Just now, BatmanDevil said:

We are almost dead on with the score .I like your honest way of thinking.There are so many factors that can change a football game and either team could walk away with the win tonight.We all figure both offenses to move the ball but AC could bring a blitz package that the Devils have trouble adjusting to . Greeneville might make a little change on defense that gives AC fits.You can never factor turnovers ,penalties and mistakes enough and if either team doesn't take care of those things,it could be a blow out .I just hope all the young men go hme safe when its over and may the best team win.Just hope its the home team.

lol, I am always honest, some AC Posters hate me for it.  I hope I am wrong, but if you are not honest in your picks when it is not in your favor how can anyone put any credit in anything you say?  I always find it funny how people like to hang on every word you say and use what you say to back them up, but when you pick against your best interest all of a sudden you are clueless lol.  Nobody actually knows what will happen tonight, we can just hope for the best, one thing is for sure, not going to be a better atmosphere to go to this year.

8 minutes ago, Mav4life said:

lol, I am always honest, some AC Posters hate me for it.  I hope I am wrong, but if you are not honest in your picks when it is not in your favor how can anyone put any credit in anything you say?  I always find it funny how people like to hang on every word you say and use what you say to back them up, but when you pick against your best interest all of a sudden you are clueless lol.  Nobody actually knows what will happen tonight, we can just hope for the best, one thing is for sure, not going to be a better atmosphere to go to this year.

Years ago I couldn't pick against the Vols nomatter what because there was always hope in my mind.This year I picked a crap 4-5 Missouri team to beat Tennessee without really thinking about it.I don't even want to say what I thought Bama would do to them . Thought Nick would keep it a little closer so Tennessee wouldn't fire jones,ha ha.Alabama could have picked their number this year

49 minutes ago, Mav4life said:

Glad its gameday, I have been wanting to see this matchup for about 3 months now lol.  AC comes in able to score a lot of points and can be very creative on offense.  The defense for AC has had some games where they looked legit and some games where they looked lost, hopefully this is a good night on that side of the ball.  If Greeneville is able to line up and control the line of scrimmage and shorten the possessions that AC has that could be the difference in the game.  Personally I think Greeneville has the advantage in the trenches, AC is good on the line, not great, but is very good at linebacker.  Games where AC has been forced to stop the run the Linebackers have been a huge part of that and Creative Blitzing has been key.  My worry is that AC will be forced to do just this and force us to one on one matchups in the secondary and Greeneville hit just enough big plays to make the difference.  I am confident that AC can stop the throw game if they can play balanced on D, but not if they are forced to sell out against the run and stack the box, this is where I think Greenevilles game plan will be.  Force AC to sell out on the run and then make just enough plays to bite AC in the throw game.  If Greeneville can accomplish this, AC will have to score every possession and so far this season they have been able to do mostly that, but AC will have to be disciplined on Offense with Turnovers and Penalties.  We left points on the field last week and we will not be able to do that this week.  I think Greeneville will try to limit AC Possessions, try to make AC march the field with good Kickoffs starting at the 20.  AC will probably end up pooch kicking giving the ball up around the 35.  If AC can play great on Defense and get a turnover or 2 and make Greeneville punt a couple time they can win, if not, Greeneville will win.  AC has a very explosive offense and that could be the difference, Football is a game of Inches and last years game is a prime example of just that, their were many plays early where the offense was just off, missed passes high or behind, not completing and having to punt, cant have that this year, hopefully we are on and can get to the 30 point mark, if we can do that we will have a shot at pulling this one off.  I saw a post from an EHS poster earlier that said they lost that game in the second half and that just simply is not true, AC should have been up 21-0 in the first qtr, that game was never in doubt from the kickoff on.  AC has started every game this year fast and will have to do the same tonight to win.  Looking forward to a great atmosphere tonight and I hope AC can prove me wrong in my prediction, but I am always honest whether my AC friends agree or not.  Hopefully I can go to one more home game this year next week, but here is my honest prediction for tonight:

Greeneville: 34

AC: 24

GO Mavs, Im pulling for you, and I hope you prove me wrong

I believe your dead on. Greeneville establishes the run game and tries to throw off of that 

I am so fired up about this game!  It kinda sounds like from all the smack talk that some think GreenEVille's offense is mediocre compared to AC's, but let's be honest...GreenEVille's offense is solid&balanced....One of the best balanced offense than I have seen in a very long time.  But most importantly a lot folks this years has taken GreenEVille's defense for granted especially their linebackers and secondary - including the ones with the great plan with passing1st/run option as 2nd/trick plays 3rd!   GreenEVille is solid&balanced!    Can GreenEVille be beat, heck ya they can, but so can AC with their high performance offense!   Some think AC has it in the bag and and some Greene as well!  It's all wishful thinking.  Honestly it's anyone's game!   I want to see both teams play great and make it the best game of all of high school this Friday night.  Not to say that it will, but I would like to see it go into overtime.  You talking about everyone being on the edge of their seat!    I am ready to see the grass grow GreenE.   

Edited by Romansfive8

6 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

I am so fired up about this game!  It kinda sounds like from all the smack talk that some think GreenEVille's offense is mediocre compared to AC's, but let's be honest...GreenEVille's offense is solid&balanced....One of the best balanced offense than I have seen in a very long time.  But most importantly a lot folks this years has taken GreenEVille's defense for granted especially their linebackers and secondary - including the ones with the great plan with passing1st/run option as 2nd/trick plays 3rd!   GreenEVille is solid&balanced!    Can GreenEVille be beat, heck ya they can, but so can AC with their high performance offense!   Some think AC has it in the bag and and some Greene as well!  It's all wishful thinking.  Honestly it's anyone's game!   I want to see both teams play great and make it the best game of all of high school this Friday night.  Not to say that it will, but I would like to see it go into overtime.  You talking about everyone being on the edge of their seat!    I am ready to see the grass grow GreenE.   

I said BLOOD MAKE THE GRASS GROW! KILL KILL!!! 

Would love to see that chant at midfield again tonight!

Edited by DevilMan03

Mav4life, great post, and i think it is pretty accurate about the type of game Gville would like to play.  But we all know the famous saying- everyone has a good plan until they get punched in the mouth.  From what i have been hearing, Gville really respects AC and knows they have to play well to win this one.  Because of that, i dont think Gville comes out flat.  But if they do and AC gets some early confidence, i think we are in for a wild one.  If Gville gets a quick lead and some stops on defense, AC might be in trouble if they have to get one dimensional.  I can see a close game at half, with Gville wearing down AC in the second half.  I will go 38-21 Gville.  But if either team has some turnovers, special teams TD or defensive TD, you can throw out all the predictions.

This is the one everyone has been talking about all year.  We finally get to see if Gville is as good as advertised and if AC is as legit as their record.  I personally think this is the state championship.  Lets go!!

10 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

I said BLOOD MAKE THE GRASS GROW! KILL KILL!!! 

Would love to see that chant at midfield again tonight!

What makes that Grass Grow?  Blood Make that Grass Grow!! Kill Kill!

That goes all the way back to my playing days!  That was a Coach Lyon's Thing

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Is he still with the team? Man we need that chant tonight! 

He still helps out just not as much as he use to since he lives in Johnson City Now.  He actually trains kids and adults with agility drills so he is molding our youth, but like you know once a devil always a devil.  He was at the game last week so hopefully we will hear "Blood make that grass grow" tonight.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Swipes said:

He still helps out just not as much as he use to since he lives in Johnson City Now.  He actually trains kids and adults with agility drills so he is molding our youth, but like you know once a devil always a devil.  He was at the game last week so hopefully we will hear "Blood make that grass grow" tonight.

I always loved that chant and always looked forward to it! Let’s pound the ball tonight devils!